Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Consumer Watch > Members FAQs and questions about Cobra Businesses

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-21-2001, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy how long did you have to wait for your SPF arrival

have deposit with HOC in city of Orange for 35k. Wondering how
much sleepless nights you owners got before getting your order from south Africa. And wondering if the war will push things back.
Can't wait any longer.
Old 09-22-2001, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My regional SPF dealer told me that the factory was getting ready to close down for it's annual holiday and that any car ordered now that was not already built would not arrive until well into next year. I hope for our sake that he was wrong.
Old 09-22-2001, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

I got extremely lucky. I went to the dealer wanting dark blue with white stripes. I changed my mind about what I wanted while I was there and they had one exactly like it already shipping there. I had originally wanted two roll bars, and he said they would have to custom install the extra bar at the factory and it would be 3 to 4 months. That would have made a delivery this year unlikely.
Good Luck.
Old 09-22-2001, 01:17 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink Why HOC ??

Cobra Fever,
Why did you purchase your SPF at HOC rather than with a local Superformance dealer where you will receive continued support and service?

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 09-22-2001, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default DAN i made the purchase from HOC,

because Dean Woodruff was going to build my engine. Why is there anything they do different than buying it from Hillbank? He told me they deal with all the registration just like the dealer would.
Old 09-23-2001, 05:15 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink I'd ask a few questions.

I'd ask a few questions concerning routine service, recommended updates if they ever present on the roller, etc. I'm not familiar with HOC nor do I know anyone that has dealt directly through them for a "new" Superformance. If they provide the same quality customer care and service that I've experienced with everyone at Dynamic Snakebite in Ross, Ohio, you'll be delighted. Each and every time that I've ask questons, about common aspects of the Superformance, they've always provided top quality responses not only because they're good people but also because they eat, sleep and live Superformance, not ERA's, not SAI's or other marques that have their own personalities and nuances.
Best of luck with your purchase. You've made a great choice!

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 09-23-2001, 07:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Personally I didn't think HOC could sell SPF anymore because of a falling out they had?

I bought my ERA from them used and have enjoyed the hell out of it but if you are buying something new get it from a dealer and then bring them your engine.

Matt
Old 09-23-2001, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

House of Cobras in Orange is an authorized sub-dealer for Superformance. Meaning they can sell you a new SPF. They get the car from Hillbank who is the authorized dealer for SoCal. This is my understanding from having talked with both Dean Woodruff the owner of HOC and people at Hillbank. I did a lot of research when I was shopping for my car. I spoke with a number of people who have done business with Dean and they all had nothing but positive things to say about him. HOC in Orange was purchased by Dean a few years ago I think so I cannot speak to what happened before he bought it.

I don't know what kind of warranty Hillbank would give on a new SPF or the install of engine and trans. I know Dean gives a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty on his installs. I found that to be very unique and impressive considering he was giving this warranty on very high performance engines. Very few people will actually give you a warranty as opposed to, "If there are any problems we will handle it."

HOC and Hillbank are both good businesses to deal with and I have had nothing but positive experiences with both. What you get when you buy a car from HOC in Orange is Dean Woodruff and his mechanics who work right there and have been working on Cobras for years. Hillbank and the Standers are wonderful people but they do not have their own shop. They use someone who is located in the same strip mall as they are. Forgive me for although I have met the people at the shop they use I cannot remember any names.

I hope I have not just further confused the issue.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default thanks for the replies guys

been helpful
Old 10-09-2001, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '73 Jensen Healey Mk.I #13046
Not Ranked     
Default HOC & Hillbank Motors

I have been sniffing around the market for a while before Dean purchased HOC, HOC didn't smell too good, but after Dean accuried it, I hear and have seen nothing but steallar performance. Debrah and the folks at Hillbank Motors are top fligh, they run a clean operation and from friends who have made purchases from them... nothing but praise. Rest well, you are in good hands.