Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2004, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     
Default Ah, Springtime in Kansas City

I have a general rule about driving my Cobra to work: it has to be 40 degrees or better when I leave the house and the chance of rain must be 30% or less.

It was 39.5 degrees when I left home this morning. I rounded the temperature up and called it 40.

Have you noticed that even with the rains we had a couple of weeks ago the roads still have a coating of dust or something. There must be something on the road as I keep getting a lot of wheel spin when I punch it in second. Of course I don't think it has anything to do with the fun I'm having.

But there is one thing that'll give you just all sorts of fun in the Spring in Kansas City if not the entire state of Missouri: pot hole autocross!

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-20-2004, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Roads in Missouri??

Petek

WOW, you found a road in Missouri??? Where?

In Kansas this year we are going to have the orange barrell marathon auto cross. I70 is already down to half size form the border west. I635 will be half size if not already. I35 is really going to be a mess with the 2 projects going on there.

Looks like its time for a country drive

Chuck
Old 03-20-2004, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

Chuck....if you're interested in some great country roads...let me organize another river rally...around the Hermann area. We did this last fall...roads and weather were perfect. We can get something going in May sometime. Just have to be lucky with the weather. We have a hotel less than 1 mile away and can park plenty of snakes in my driveway. Let me know if this interests you and or others.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default I'de love it

Roger,

Our club is heating up with the weather real good at this point.

I'll mention your invite to the powers that be and we'll see what happens.

Thanks!!!
Chuck
Old 03-20-2004, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

I've tried to make contact with Doug Taylor in the Mid-Am Club....and have heard nothing...hope he's still kicking. If I can put something together....I'd be happy to. Are any of you guys going to DVSF? We have 2 from here...maybe we can join each other.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Roadster with 5.0 EFI motor
Not Ranked     
Cool Contacting Doug

Hey Rogers, I'm not sure we've met. I have taken over Doug's spot as the Secretary. I've been in touch with Doug and he is one busy guy right now.

As for the Hermann thing, just let us know. There is always a contingency of us that is ready to hop in our Cobras and head out. If you can make the plans with enough advance notice we can put it on the calendar. Or e-mail me and I'll help coordinate it. My home e-mail is: btander@swbell.net
Old 03-20-2004, 11:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bruce is right, i have been running flat out. We hired a guy Friday to start working the STL market. I will be in STL for the next couple of weeks getting him going. Then I will get to spend more time at home. Sorry I haven't been in touch Rogers. Work is just taking over everything right now.

I plan to have my car ready for the road at the end of next weekend. It has been on jackstands since December. Just not enough time in the day to get it all done. We have new officers in place for those that are not in frequent contact. Karl is continuing as President, Mark Stark is the new VP and Bruce Anderson is the new Secretary, Chuck is staying on as Treasurer and a new position as Scribe to keep folks informed about things going on is Jerry Adams. I am just taking a role as an active member this year.

We are in the process of updating and changing the server for our website. It has become the center of our communications as well as our very recent effort to use this forum as a means to learn of current events, such as last minute cruises that folks want to invite others to.

I will call you when I will be in Fulton again to visit.
Old 03-20-2004, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1056, small block Ford
Not Ranked     

Pete you're brave. I waited until 1:00 to head out. Spent a little over two hours out but man the wind was bad. Had my hat screwed down till it gave me a headache. You didn't have to worry about it blowing off behind you, if you were going east to west it would blow off sideways.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Driving a Cobra in the wind.

Yesterday was one tough day to drive a Cobra. But, any day driving a Cobra is a good day. The wind was merciless, but the temp was great and the Sonic hamburgers were awesome. Say you missed it.......Sorry, Al and Fran Rutherford, Jerry (always there) Adams, Rick (I think my hats dead) Bruty and Debbie and I gathered at the Sonic at Red Bridge and Holmes along with a few bowtie machines for a Saturday cruise. It sounds like this is a regular thing that you can just drop in on when you get the urge. I'm sure our wandering scribe will be writing something on the subject.

When we left Debbie and I cruised over to the new house to measure some windows and took a short cruise back to our somewhat disheavled current house.

Now it time to show off the new abode. Here's a picture.
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2004, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Wanted to take the Cobra out yesterday (Saturday), looked like a great day, but I've got this massive head cold. I just stayed inside and watched nearly all 12 hours of Sebring.

(Nice looking house, Bruce!)

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-21-2004, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Head Cold

Wow Pete, 12 hours of Sebring. Man that's a marathon. I hope your feeling better.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bruce,

Sad thing is I was sitting in Sonic at 2:00 but you guys must have left already. I left here with Momma at 1:00 but we got detoured over around Kenneth Road doing a little run around the curves on the back roads. Had so much fun lost track of the time. Oh well, we'll catch the next one.

Bernie
Old 06-06-2004, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     

Do you guys have any members from Wichita?
Old 06-06-2004, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No we don't currently have any members there yet. We are very open to any members that have cobras and to those that are just enthusiasts. If you are interested, we would be glad to meet you or have you join us at any of our events.

Feel free to give me a call ay time at 816-830-7734, Doug Taylor Past President. Our current president is Karl Mawhirter, he can be reached at 816-414-8235.

We do have several members that are outside the area and get involved in a few events a year.

We have a very successful club with mre than 60 members and 50 cars. We have just recently upgraded our website and the calendar is current. Let us know if you would like to get involved.

I can think of 3-4 members that have B&B cars. Let us know if we can help.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We've already met, originally at a Heartland Park event back in the summer of 02 and then you took me to a friend of your's that builds cars there in KC when I was doing my due diligence in the winter. It's been a long road getting this car done between work and kids schedules but the motor should fire hopefully next week. I still have alot of work to do but hearing it run will be a huge plateau to hit.

I am still thankfull for the information you were able to give me, it was a huge help.

I don't know how "active" I can be from Wichita but I sure would like to belong to a group of local enthusiasts that are like minded.

Terry Ens
Old 06-08-2004, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yes, I do remember. Good to hear you are near completion. We would be proud to have a member from Wichita. We try to make it easy for members and new members alike to join or watch our activities on our website. you can either go to www.midamericacobra.org, or pull it down from this forum on local clubs.
From their, you can select the Info menu and pick Join and it will have all the information you are looking for and a PDF of the application.

Hope to see you soon! Give me a call some time when you are going to be in the area and we can have lunch or meet for coffee.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Northwood,

I know Naga and several other guys from around that area post on the Factory Five board. If it's okay I'll send them your e-mail address and they can get in touch with you. Course you're always welcome up here in KC.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug and Bernie,

Thanks to both of you, it would be great to hear from the local FFR guys as well as getting involved with your club.
The best email address to use for me is; Tens@quiznos.com
Thank you very much,

Terry Ens