Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Midstates Cobra's---Speak with Bob Kallio

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 351C 4V
Not Ranked     
Default Bob has left Midstates!

I don't know how many of you are aware the Bob Kallio has left Midstates. I called the shop today to say hello and was advised that last week was his last week there. Apparently he took a job somewhere else in Nebraska to be closer to his family. He will definately be missed.

Last edited by CT Cobra; 08-19-2007 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Confusion in title
Old 08-17-2007, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary frame, Midstates kevlar body, Aluminum Shelby 427, G-force T-5
Not Ranked     

How about altering your title a bit, perhaps along the lines of 'Bob Leaves Midstates'? When I first saw your thread I thought he had bought the farm.

But even my suggested title sounds a bit odd, as Bob (along with Lauri and Chuck) was Midstates.

I hate to see him leave, but sounds like he has his reasons. Wish him the best, will miss the 'you betcha' and 'no problem'.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates-514 SVO Ford
Not Ranked     

Cobrajam,
I believe your right when you state the Bob,Lauri, and Chuck are Midstates.
New management will have some shoes to fill for sure!!
Bob..et al were the BEST. Great people to do business with and a pleasure
to talk to. I am very sorry to hear he is no longer there.
freekintoad
Old 08-20-2007, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates work in progress, personally built 302
Not Ranked     

Dana should be able to fill his shoes as far as customer service, but I fear this is another step down the path that is the end of Midstates. SV's "new" body/frame has already replaced the Midstates' one I believe. I don't see a reason for SV to maintain the Midstates car as a separate item now that there is no driving force to do so... It saddens me though...

Best of luck to you Bob.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 460
Not Ranked     

The car's quality got it into the running for my final decision, but Bob made the decision easy. Sorry to see him go.

Brandon
Old 08-22-2007, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates in-work again
Not Ranked     

Ran into Bob in 91 and he sold me on Midstates. Great customer service.

Last edited by treblig; 10-11-2007 at 11:41 AM..
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Too bad.

Bob will be missed - always a good resource, willing and able to help and always followed through...

I've missed Laurie for some years now... but now it seems Midstates will likely disappear...
Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, 501
Not Ranked     
Default That stinks

I bought my Midstates used. When I had to place my first order with them, I spoke to Bob. He is a great guy. He worked closely with me, knew a lot about the car I bought and the guy who built it. Hope it all works out for him
Old 08-22-2007, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, 514 SVO ... now a 4.6L with an AOD!
Not Ranked     

Hi Guys,
I'll start out by saying that I'm as sad to see Bob leave as anyone ... he has been a great friend and taught me a lot about the "cobra" biz. He is still a member of the "family" and I'm sure he'll be making apperances at some of our events from time to time as he still has his personal car.
We will still continue to support all of the existing Midstates cars and customers as well as all of the existing Shell Valley cars and customers.
As for the Midstates product going away, in a sence that is true. As of the first of this year, we have no longer been making a Midstates or a Shell Valley. What we've done is combined the two, taking what we felt were the best attributes of both cars, and producing a new offering we are calling the Generation II. You can call it a Midstates, you can call it a Shell Valley, but I call it the best of both worlds!
Hopefully this helps clear some things up, but if anyone has any questions, just let me know.
I've already met several of the great Midstates customers from years past, but I'd love to meet more, so if you see me at a show, stop and say hi!

Dana