10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-04-2005, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thunder in the Rockies & Pikes Peak or Bust

You knew I would not list something to do in June. Here is a big one.

The 2007 Shelby Cobra Concept will be at the Thunder in the Rockies event this coming June 10th, 11th &12th!

I know this is a track event and not all of us want to race our cars. But wouldn't it be fun to go to PPIR and watch? And see all the test vehicles and concept cars from Ford? And then have dinner with Walt Hane?

To round out the FORD products that were already going to appear at the "SVTOA Thunder in the Rockies" we will also have a number of FORD performance products such at the FORD GT, 2000R and new Mustang GTs.

This is open track event running on the 3/4 of the oval and the remaining on the infield road coarse of PPIR. Each day, we will be running an autocross course for those that wish to sharpen those "cone" skills, including timed runs.

Did I mention Saturday dinner? Oh baby, do we have a plan for Saturday night! We will be hosting a Memphis style Bar-B- Que and two engineers from the past and present. Our featured speaker is Walt Hane , previous FORD engineer on the Thunderbird program and the birth of the performance era of FORD Vehicles and 1966 SCCA National BP Champion (Shelby GT 350). All for the cost of $ 15 per person.

We will have limited seating for the Saturday dinner, so sign up early, because we are getting limited already! The Saturday evening of listening to our speakers, will be open to everyone.

At the pace of registration, we expect to fill up our track spaces quickly, so don't delay, get your registration in!

"THUNDER IN THE ROCKIES" Event Director, Bryan Appleby 303.494.0721 or by writing to; thunderintherockies@ises-llc.com

Then Saturday Night - John From Tucson is going to be in the Springs on his way to the FFR Open House in Boston. He is going to drive up Pikes Peak on Sunday. That sounds like fun also.

My problem with all of this, is that I cannot attend. This is Candy's birthday weekend and we have lots of out of town guests. Not a good idea to sneak away during your wife's birthday party and go to a car race. Anyway, if you are interested in this let me know. If there is a group that want to do it, I will find a hotel for you and also see about how much it will cost to go to PPIR and not race (if you do not want to race). Also find out about dinner on Saturday. But I will not do all this if no one is interested. Let me know soon.

Dick
303-699-4819