28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 2 Weeks to go for MHCC Cruise Colorado

Yep. Only 2 more weeks and we are off for the mountains. Cannot wait. Got the car back today from the top guy and now the tonneau cover fits better. Also got the lug nuts tightened up again.

A few more things for your information:
1) Who is going?
Barden, Bengtson, Bockman, Cloutier, Cork, Gilsan, Hall, Hightower, Johnson, Kriss, Lane, McCoulf, Melson, Neyland, Orton, Patrick, Payne, Russell, Sauer, Scofield, Stapley, Stienwagner and the Thompson's. If you are on this list and are not going with us, let me know. If you think you are going and are not on the list - let me know.
2) Who are the sponsors?
So far we have Lou's Cars, Phil Long Ford, Gessford Machine, Summit Racing, JC Taylor Insurance, Kit Car Builder Magazine, Bridgestone Tires, Westwood Motor Classics, Colorado First Real Estate, DPS Heating and Air Conditioning, Thompson Financial Services, Finish Line Inc, Cirrus Services Mortgages, Mark's Custom Wiring, HW Brown Car Leasing & All State Insurance. Again if you are on this list and do not want to be or not on it and want to be, call me. Also please check out our web site at www.milehicobraclub.com and support these wonderful people. They support you and also make this trip possible. A large portion of their donations go to the Colorado State Patrol Family Foundation at our dinner on Saturday in Aspen Snowmass.
3) Will we have security for the cars this year?
Not only will we have security for the cars, we have the Police Department in each of the towns (Except Aspen Snowmass where we will be inside) we are visiting going to watch our cars for us while we sleep. Cannot ask for better security. They have guns.
4) Do we have a hotel in Denver for our out of town people?
Yes, we do. Comfort Inn at 303-367-5000 It is at 32nd and Airport Blvd. We also have storage for the trucks and trailers at Al Bockman's lot at 2nd and Airport Blvd. If you want to arrange to leave your vehicle at Al's lot, contact him at ad303@yahoo.com
5) Will we have a SAG wagon this year?
Yes, we do. Dan Melson has again offered to follow us in his truck and trailer to pick up and assist any and all of us. Thank you Dan.
6) When and where do we leave from?
Wed. 7/20 at 8 AM at the LaMars Donuts 11804 Oswego St. (Lincoln Ave just east of I-25) Meridian Village Shopping Center. We want to leave LaMars by 8:15 so be on time and lets get started. If you want to leave late, call Tom Scofield at 720-344-9020
At 9 AM we will meet the west bunch at The Safeway in Confier. Plan to leave there by 9:15 at the latest and be on our way to Crested Butte.
Here is the route for the first day:
Day One – July 20, 2005 Denver – Crested Butte Today’s route is the same as Day One from last year.
Lamar’s Donuts Right West on Lincoln
Exit to I-25 Right North on I-25
Exit to C-470 Right, left West on C-470
Exit to US-285 Right South on US-285
Fairplay Fuel Stop
Johnson Village Left South on US-24/US-285
Poncha Springs Right West on US-50
Gunnison Right North on Hwy 135
Crested Butte Proceed through town
Mt. Crested Butte Right Grand Hotel parking lot
7) Will we have a group Dinner?
Yes we will. In Aspen Snowmass on Saturday Night 7/23. Cost will be about $25 per person. You will get your choice of Steak, Chicken, Fish or Pasta. Drinks will be extra. If you do not want to go to dinner with us, let me know and I will not include you in the reservations. Other wise you will be included. This will be fun and nice on our last night. Peggy Payne has arranged for a really nice place and a special dinner for us.

I think this is it for now. If I get more details I will let you know.

Dick