28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2005, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Plans and Happenings for the Mile Hi Cobra Club

OK. Here they are. Plans and Happenings for a little while for the Mile Hi Cobra Club. Write down on your calendar which ones you plan to attend and we will be seeing you soon.

Sat Aug 6 - Sonic Drive Inn Cruise night in Golden. I hear this is a good cruise. Leave the Sonic and cruise Old Golden with 300 or 400 of your closest friends in some really neat cars. How about we meet at Sonic at 5:00? Sonic is at 17191 S Golden Road.

Wed Aug 10 - Bandimere Test and Tune "Take It To The Track" Test Night presented by Alive at 25
Daily Driver, Race Cars, Hot Rods, Imports, Trucks, Bikes ALL WELCOME! All vehicles Welcome! All vehicles must pass 2005 NHRA Rules. 13.49 or slower for our Roll Bars
Gates Open 4:00 pm Time Trials 4:30 pm - 8:45 pm
Admission Participants $30 Spectators $10

Sat Aug 13 - MHCC North to Estes Park Tour
For all of you who keep saying "Why don't we do anything up north" here is your event. Cruise up to Estes Park and have lunch at Mary's Lake Lodge (same as last year). We are going the North route to pick up the Northern bunch. Here is the plan. Sound bunch (west and east) meet at the gas station across from the King Soopers on Monaco Parkway and Hampden Ave at 8:00 AM. Leave there by 8:30 with full tank of gas. Drive up to Loveland (exit 255) and pick up the North Bunch at the Loveland Exit #255 at 9:30. Then drive up to Estes Park via US 34 (Big Thompson). Arrive at Mary's Lake at about 11:30 and have lunch. Then you can pick your way home 1) back down US 34 or 2) down US 36 or 3) head down via US 34 and CO7 and CO119 to Nederland and then down US 36 and CO 7 to Golden and home.

If you want to do this, let me know, as I have to make reservations for lunch. I need RSVP's by 8/10 Call me (303-699-4819) or email me (thompson660@cs.com) if you are coming.

Aug 26 to 28 - CECA Aspen Open
Hosted by the Shelby American Automobile Club and the Ferrari Club of America. CECA clubs are Shelby, Ferrari, Pantera, Tiger, and other special interest automobiles.
Friday: Film Festival and Cocktail Party - Mountain Chalet
Saturday: Car Show - Aspen Mall
Poolside Socializing
Cocktails - Mountain Chalet
Banquet & Trophy Presentation at the Mountain Chalet
Sunday: Open Track Event at Woody Creek Raceway. Limited to 1st 35 cars.
Mufflers are required.

I have a registration form if you want one. I can fax it to you. Let me know. Questions please call Bill Miller at 303-421-3009

Sept 3 (Labor Day weekend) - ANNUAL MILE HI COBRA CLUB PICNIC
Our Annual picnic this year is going to hosted by Miller Motorsports, Inc. (Mahlon & Jan Miller ) and Shell Valley/Midstates. (Rich Anderson and Bob Kallio)

Mahlon is the new Colorado distributor for Shell Valley/Midstates cars and has several cars for us to see at his shop in Erie, Co. Shell Valley and Midstates will also be bringing down some cars to us to see. I hear that some of the nice people from Shell Valley and Midstates will also be coming down for this event. We might even get our favorite Magazine (Kit Car Builder) to come up and take a few pictures. Plan on attending this now and get it on your calendar. There will be free food and door prizes. And did I mention lots of cool cars to see (Daytona coupes, Cobras, Hot Rods, etc). And Free Food. This is open to MHCC members only. I will be getting more details out to you soon, but wanted to let you know now so you can plan. This is going to be great.

If you have events to add let me know.

See you soon.

Dick
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default OK. Here is the plan for Estes Park Trip Saturday, August 13th.

OK. Here is the plan for Estes Park Trip Saturday, August 13th.

And here are the folks who have signed up so far for this trip.

Bockman, Kriss, Tatman, Jackson (Don), Stimmler, Lane (Shelby), Gilsan, Thompson, Payne, Bengston, Mahony, Scofield, Paris and Cowan. 14 cars. 27 for lunch.

If you are going and not on this list, please let me know. I have to make lunch reservations for our group. If you are on this list and are not going, let me know. 303-699-4819 or thompson660@cs.com

I am working with the restaurant on a menu. Cost should be from $10 to $15 for a lunch. Will have more details on Saturday.

We did this drive on Saturday and it was sure fun. Really pretty country just meant for a drive in a Cobra (not in a Mini-Van)

1st Meeting Place
8:00 - The gas station across the street from the King Soopers at Hampden Ave. and Monaco Parkway (a couple blocks east of I-25 and Hampden Ave)
We will leave there at 8:30 and drive north on I-25 to 84th Ave.

2nd Meeting Place
9:00 - The Econo Gas Station at SW corner of 84th and Conifer Road (a couple of blocks west of I-25 and 84th Ave)
We will leave there at 9:15 and drive north on I-25 to Exit #255 (Loveland) and turn west on CO 402

3rd Meeting Place
10:00 - The Shamrock Station at the NE Corner of CO 402 and US 287 (south end of Loveland)
We will leave there at 10:15 and drive north on US 287 to west US 34 and then follow US 34 up Big Thompson Canyon to Estes Park.

We have lunch reservations (If you let me know if you are coming) at Mary's Lake Lodge (2625 Mary's Lake Road - 970-586-5958) for 11:30. So far it is 27 people.

After Lunch - many options for you to pick.
1) Shop until you drop in Estes Park and then drive home via one of the many ways home. Candy tells me that all the stores will ship the stuff you buy home, so you can buy great big things.
2) Drive back down Big Thompson Canyon US 34
3) Drive down US 36
4) Drive down US 34 to CO 7 to CO 119
5) Drive over Trail Ridge Road to Grand Lake and then home via Winter Park. Warning - They charge you $20 to drive over Trail Ridge Road. And they do not spend the money they make on Guard Rails. Also they have decided to tear up the road after you leave Winter Park. Be prepared for off road conditions for a few miles.

CANDY'S CELL PHONE IS 303-915-9550 AND MINE IS 303-929-5533. If you need us and/or get lost and/or break down - call us.

P.S. Check out the web site (www.milehicobraclub.com). We have a star (or nut) in our club. This was taken before the head gasket (on the engine - not Dean) blew.

Dick