Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2004, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1233-396C.I. Windsor
Not Ranked     
Cool Cruz-nite Friday 7/9/04

If anybody is interested, the Cruz nite in Lakeville is scheduled this Friday. This is an annual event that is part of their Pan-O-Prog days. The cars line up at the local high school and are led on a cruise thru Lakeville. It really brings out the spectators. Chet Ellingson and Cyndi and I plan on showcasing our Cobra's and would welcome more of you to join us( I would hate to get outdone by the Viper Club). Give me a call 651-423-5800 or check do a search on "Pan-O-Prog" for details. I believe the cars start lining up around 5 or 5:30 pm. Thanks, Mike Beamish
Old 07-08-2004, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe 427 cu. in.
Not Ranked     

Greetings,
I checked the Schedule for the Lakeville Pan-O-Prog cruise night July 9. It starts at 4:00pm to 6:45pm. meeting at the Lakeville High School, 19600 Ipava Ave. in Lakeville. This is the corner of Hwy 50 and Ipava Ave.. I hope we can interest some more Superformance car and owners into showing up.
See Ya There
Chet
Old 07-08-2004, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cruz registration runs from 4 pm thru 6:45pm at Lakeville High school. The cruise then starts at roughly 6:45/ 7pm. Last year over 20,000 spectators. The whole deal is like a big carnival with street vendors and usually goes on until 10:30 or later. Realistically you can arrive at the high school after 5pm. Last year they had food vendors and a D.J. at the registration. Hope to see you there! Mike
Old 07-08-2004, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech Stock 427 ci 425 hp
Not Ranked     

Mike

Is this open to all Cobras or do you just want Superformance cars.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greetings,
i cant speak for Mike, but I think all are welcome, and I'm pretty sure Mike would agree. Come on Down....What could be more fun than a bunch of Cobras crusing the streets of Lakeville!!! Is it legal to have a loud pipe contest?

Chet
Old 07-08-2004, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob & Others, this is an open invitation to all the guys in our Minnesota group (Chet's enthusiasm for his cars manufacturer is hard to control). I know a bunch of you guys do N. St. Paul on Fridays but those that sit around looking for Cobra companionship are encouraged to dust-off your cars and join us. I know last year they had around 600 cars at this event!! BTW Bob, I tried calling you but got no answer. Mike
Old 07-08-2004, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greetings,
Please acccept my apology if I inadvertantly slighted any Cobras or their Owners...it was unintentional. I have seen so many nice Cobras this Spring, some were SPF many were not. I am truly in awe of the guys that can put together such nice cars. They are all SUPER to me, and PERFORMANCE...Oh Yes, They Have that.

Please don't send me to the DUNK TANK and throw tomatos at me!! Please!!!

Hope to see ya in Lakeville.
Chet
Old 07-11-2004, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The final score,

Vipers 20

Cobras 4

It could have been worse as the organizers tried to park Chet's
Brock Coupe with the Viper club. Thankfully Chet stood his ground
and demanded his "own" parking space. The cruise route was probably 4 to 5 miles in length with about 600 entries. All in all it was pretty cool. The drive thru downtown Laleville with the streets lined with spectators was awsume! Along the route people had "bleach boxes" on the road for the cruzers to do burnouts. You"d be driving and come up to a spot where someone on the side of the road had a garden hose to keep the
"bleach boxes" wet. It was pretty funny. We were told later that the prevously mentioned "Viper Club" were doing burnouts in the middle of the crowded downtown area. Maybe next year we can be a little more organized and give more of you adequite notice
about this and other events. Mike
Old 07-11-2004, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 351W
Not Ranked     

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I would have made it 5 Cobras. I think 5 Cobras vs 20 Vipers is a fair fight.
- Mark
Old 07-11-2004, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greetings,
The Lakville Cruise was a good time. Lots of nice cars to check-out before the cruise, and a chance to "Hot-Rod" around Lakeville a little bit. Some guy two cars ahead of me was blowing ten foot high plooms of nitrous out of his car.....pretty neat.

The Brock Coupe is known by the masses as "some kind of modified VIPER....." Viper or not, folks generally seem to think it is a pretty sharp car.

Anyone up for a "snake-pit" party?

chet
Old 07-11-2004, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark, give me a ring with your phone number, I also tried to get a hold of you. Mike
Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, 351W
Not Ranked     

Mike,
Here are my current numbers.
651-423-4586 (home)
612-327-3257 (mobile)
Sorry I missed the cruise. Sounds like you had fun.

Chet,
I am up for a "snake-pit" party anytime. I still want a close up inspection of the coupe.