Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   New England Cobra Enthusiasts (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/new-england-cobra-enthusiasts/)
-   -   New member looking for a ride! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/new-england-cobra-enthusiasts/134888-new-member-looking-ride.html)

Bill Cool 10-14-2015 07:09 PM

New member looking for a ride!

Hi all,

Newbie to the "Club" here from southern CT. Longtime Shelby enthusiast - my first car was (is) an 87 Mustang GT (still in the garage, for more than half my life), I've got a Running Pony on my arm, my cat's name is Shelby, and I've always jones'd for a Cobra.

I've been reevaluating "toy" priorities lately, and am considering finally pulling the trigger on a repli-Cobra. Not quite sure whether I'd build my own or purchase someone's completed project, but likely the former (again, due to shifting priorities, and my career consuming more than its fair share of my life). So I'm here to learn a bit more about the cars than what I already know!

All that being said, I'm also interested in hopefully bumming a ride in someone's Cobra. I've been to countless car shows in my 32 years, but never had the pleasure of even sitting in a Cobra, much less riding in one or driving one. I imagine I'll start a separate thread shortly trying to find a local owner willing to take me for a spin (and maybe even let me drive around the block) to ensure all that lust from boyhood is really worth the cash :)

Anywho, that's about it for now!
Bill

MOTORHEAD 10-14-2015 07:17 PM

You don't "take a Cobra for a spin" !

It takes you !

Don't ask how I know this !

MOTORHEAD 10-14-2015 07:19 PM

Sorry, mouse is double-dribbling.

Bill Cool 10-14-2015 07:42 PM

haha, that's what I'm hoping and afraid of!

SD5805 10-14-2015 09:21 PM

Look into stopping by the 7 th annual cobra classic n hot rod Rally this Sunday. I'm sure you could find a ride or two.

Starts Sunday morning

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/new-...ally-ride.html

sea2jet 10-15-2015 04:50 AM

Hi Bill
I'm in Chester, CT with an ERA and a Superformance cobra. If your ever in the area, we could take one for a ride. Mike

Ron61 10-15-2015 05:11 AM

Bill,

Welcome and you will love the Cobra if you like fast and non computer regulated cars. You are starting out right by looking and wanting to ride in one. Talk to owners of as many brands as you can and ask them about their likes and dislikes of each brand. I am sure that there are some people near you that would be happy to take you for a ride.

Ron :)

1985 CCX 10-15-2015 10:50 AM

If you make it this far north, I am game :cool:

JoeT 10-15-2015 03:08 PM

I'm in Cheshire with a Factory Five. If the sun is out, I could be convinced to take the car out for a spin. Did less than 1000 miles this year, and the season is coming to a close

mln385 10-15-2015 03:55 PM

Looks like you have plenty of offers ,I am in western ma. by Springfield if you find yourself in the area. Just be ready for the anxiety because after you ride or drive you will have to buy. LOL

JoeT 10-15-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 CCX (Post 1367299)
If you make it this far north, I am game :cool:

is that offer good for all of us Jeff. I love your car, it's one of my favorites and would love to go for a ride

SD5805 10-17-2015 05:31 AM

Don't forget. Tomorrow s Rally Ride. My cobra has heat and I'll probably put its top on. Swing by any of the rally points. See post: 7th annual cobra, classic hot rod Rally post for details. Hope to see you.

mikiec 10-21-2015 07:32 PM

I am up in the Gilford/Laconia area of NH. Come on by. You might be able to talk me into letting you take it home.

Mike

Bill Cool 10-23-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikiec (Post 1368329)
I am up in the Gilford/Laconia area of NH. Come on by. You might be able to talk me into letting you take it home.

Mike

My timing is apparently very poor Mike... I'm in Loudon one weekend a month racing one of my motorcycles ;) but that ended the first weekend of this month!