Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   News/Press Releases (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/)
-   -   New York Is Now Using Cameras With Microphones to Ticket Loud Cars (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/145663-new-york-now-using-cameras-microphones-ticket-loud-cars.html)

waterloo 02-16-2022 02:16 PM

New York Is Now Using Cameras With Microphones to Ticket Loud Cars

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...jQVgdlcFz46GTY

twobjshelbys 02-16-2022 03:05 PM

So it's not really that draconian. The guy got a summons to appear. There is no fine or guilt associated with that. It's probable cause.

He ignored the first warning and got a second notice warning him he'd better not ignore it again.

Bring your car and get it tested in real controlled conditions to see if you're over the limit or not. If so you can fix it (which probably means ditching the mufflers).

Yeah, it's a PITA, but it's at least scientific instead of having some untrained cop issue a summons without any training or instrumented proof.

Luce 02-16-2022 03:11 PM

Would still suck. I know my new sidepipes have no chance in hell of passing. My pop told me he could hear me getting on it 2 miles away.

767Jockey 02-16-2022 03:19 PM

Texas looks better and better with every passing day. So glad to be here.

Luce 02-16-2022 03:44 PM

Hello fellow Texan. What part? I'm NW of the ****hole they call Houston.

767Jockey 02-16-2022 04:42 PM

Same ****hole, but to the NE. :LOL:

I'm in Kingwood.

twobjshelbys 02-16-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1503457)
Would still suck. I know my new sidepipes have no chance in hell of passing. My pop told me he could hear me getting on it 2 miles away.

Yep, and it's aimed squarely at cars like Cobras and probably motorcycles. (If motorcycles are exempt someone should sue...)

cycleguy55 02-16-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1503465)
Yep, and it's aimed squarely at cars like Cobras and probably motorcycles. (If motorcycles are exempt someone should sue...)

There aren't enough Cobras around for legislators to get worked up about them. This is about loud motorcycles, straight-piped trucks and cars and other excessively loud vehicles. Cobras get caught up in it as well, but I doubt they're one of the principle targets.

twobjshelbys 02-16-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cycleguy55 (Post 1503467)
There aren't enough Cobras around for legislators to get worked up about them. This is about loud motorcycles, straight-piped trucks and cars and other excessively loud vehicles. Cobras get caught up in it as well, but I doubt they're one of the principle targets.

Agreed. Most of the loudest cars I heard leaving the Good Guys show were the street rods. Many of them have straight short pipes aimed straight at the ground.

Alfa02 02-17-2022 04:18 AM

Pretty sure it's about Harleys and the like. It seems a day doesn't go by that some Harley riders go by with straight pipes. A girlfriend once said "You sound like 4-Harleys" I said thank you, she said that wasn't a compliment ;)

Harpoon PV2 02-17-2022 08:37 PM

Any one remember when the Sherriff or Cop would pull out their Night Stick to see if there were any baffles? I put a washer with a large hole, that would stop the check, but still way to loud! WHAT DID YOU SAY?

louza 11-12-2023 01:56 PM

I don't understand how that can bother a noisy car?

twobjshelbys 11-12-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louza (Post 1521380)
I don't understand how that can bother a noisy car?

Many areas have noise ordinances.

Buzz 11-13-2023 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterloo (Post 1503451)

Good. I love the exhaust note and tone of my Cobra and my other cars, but I never had them disturbingly loud. Self-centered, attention-seeking turds who insist it's their "right" to tear through neighborhoods disturbing the peace of everyone else with their excessively loud cars and Harleys are no different from the morons who cram their back seats and trunks full of massive amps and speakers and drive around deafening the population at large with their choice of music. Throw the book (or a brick) at them I say! :LOL:

767Jockey 11-13-2023 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 1521391)
Good. I love the exhaust note and tone of my Cobra and my other cars, but I never had them disturbingly loud. Self-centered, attention-seeking turds who insist it's their "right" to tear through neighborhoods disturbing the peace of everyone else with their excessively loud cars and Harleys are no different from the morons who cram their back seats and trunks full of massive amps and speakers and drive around deafening the population at large with their choice of music. Throw the book (or a brick) at them I say! :LOL:

And GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Alfa02 11-13-2023 04:01 PM

Goodness Buzz ;), I just drove by your house a couple of times, to see if you were home. I did stay off the grass :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Buzz 11-14-2023 04:51 AM

:LOL:Your car sounded great!

Buzz 11-14-2023 04:58 AM

I couldn't hear any music though - so you need to get a bigger amp!

Alfa02 11-14-2023 05:25 AM

We don't need "No Stinking Amps" when we have small or big block Fords under the hood ;) That's the only music I want to hear in a Cobra :LOL::LOL::LOL: Cheers Buzz.

twobjshelbys 11-14-2023 09:38 AM

I doubt the camera microphone is calibrated. Plus it's getting sound at a downward angle which has little or no correlation to horizontal street level. Anyone with a science background can make a ticket highly suspect. They're depending on people just paying the nuisance charge. Think of it as a tax.