Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   News/Press Releases (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/)
-   -   KIRKHAMS donate a COMPLETED car to DVSFIII (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/news-press-releases/22442-kirkhams-donate-completed-car-dvsfiii.html)

Turk 12-22-2002 11:32 AM

KIRKHAMS donate a COMPLETED car to DVSFIII

I think the recent unselfish act of The Kirkhams donating a COMPLETED Kirkham car to DVSFIII is worth of front page news.

The subject is being discussed in few other threads. I felt it deserved a Front Page Exposure. This is the same folks who donated a car to the efforts in NYC last year. The announcement came about very low key and without much fanfare. Had it beenI would have demanded network coverage or ask for the half time spot during the Super Bowl. Instead they chose to announce it in a thread as if they were dropping a few bucks in to the Salvation Army kettle, in front of Macy's.

A big Thank you from all of us attending or not attending the Annual Spring Fling.

TURK

Mark IV 12-22-2002 12:41 PM

Kirkhamszzzz....

Turk,

Obviously the Kirkham brothers class and skill is only trumped by their generosity.

God bless the Kirkhams, even tiny Tim.

Rick:3DSMILE:

Back in Black 12-22-2002 01:17 PM

NOW I know..

Whose aluminum bodied cobra I would buy..

Way to go, Kirkham!

Rick Parker 12-22-2002 01:29 PM

Great generosity and example set by a class act. Good job guys!!!

Rick...........

Dan Semko 12-22-2002 01:47 PM

When the chips are down!

I've had the distinct pleasure of personally meeting the entire Kirkham family and have experienced several interactions with them over the past 2 years. Their generosity and compassion is only surpassed by their quality craftsmanship.
When the chips are down, these fine people know the true meaning of difficult times, loyal friendships and mans humanity to man. They say what they mean and mean what they say and to provide the sponsorship for the main event at the upcoming DV Spring Fling only confirms their philosophy.
I hope that everyone has the opportunity to meet the entire family at the 3rd DV Spring Fling. ;)

Bud Man 12-22-2002 02:10 PM

Second that, Doc

They are the best....:)

Bud:JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE

cobish 12-22-2002 02:59 PM

The Kirkham's are the greatest.

Jamo 12-22-2002 03:08 PM

As we like to say...

The Kirkhams ARE the first family of the world of Cobras.

Dwight 12-22-2002 03:43 PM

KIRKHAM COBRA

I'M I TO UNDERSTAND THE KIRKHAM COBRA WILL BE RAFFLED OFF FOR THE SPRING FLING? HOW MUCH FOR THE TICKETS AND WHEN CAN I START BUYING THEM????????????????? ONE A MONTH FOR SIX MONTHS?? MAYBE TWO A MONTH?:D

Whaler 12-22-2002 04:32 PM

Hey Turk
Hopefully it comes with a tank of gas and floormats huh?

LOL

On a serious note.....these guys are at the top of the class when it comes to a great car, a great business ethic and an even kinder heart.

I like their style!

Merry Christmas all

Tim

Ibr8k4vetts 12-22-2002 04:35 PM

The Kirkham's are all ways a class act!
:) Mike

southernfriedcj 12-22-2002 05:08 PM

Those Kirkhams are un FN believable! Two thumbs up!

mrmustang 12-22-2002 05:16 PM

I just posted a thank you to the entire Kirkham family on the main board, then saw this one on the side board. Go figure :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE .

Bill S.

Homewrecker 12-22-2002 06:52 PM

I have only talked to David & Tom once. It was about engines & I only wanted advice. They treated me like I was one of their customers. I feel like it is an honor to have spoken to these guys. I almost want to ask for an autograph. You guys are great! If the rest of the world were Kirkham's, it would be a very happy place.

Thanks to you and all the rest of the people that so generously give!

Who knows, maybe someday I will become a customer! One can only hope!

Guinness 12-22-2002 06:56 PM

David and Tom,
Way to go guys! The 9-11 car donation was hard to beat, you both have gone above and beyond once again. I salute you! Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful families.
Jeff

BT SNAKE 12-22-2002 07:44 PM

There is not much else one can say any better than what has been said by all the others in this thread. I know that the Kirkhams are honest, hard working folks. This I know to be true because so many others have told me so.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
-Winston Churchill

Hersh:)

Brent Mills 12-22-2002 07:58 PM

Thanks David! This is a great thing you are doing!

Allan A 12-22-2002 09:17 PM

Well done to the Kirkham bunch! I will buy my tickets. I wish I could just see one of these cars. Any Nor CAL owners out there......

kountzecobra 12-22-2002 10:13 PM

What a class act this family is! The car is surpassed only by the Kirkham family themselves!

Turk 12-22-2002 11:24 PM

Allan A,
Many. Northern California has one of the heaviest concentrations of Kirkham Cobras..

TURK