Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   NorCal / March 19th - 3rd Saturday Breakfast (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/109563-norcal-march-19th-3rd-saturday-breakfast.html)

decooney 03-10-2011 07:00 AM

NorCal / March 19th - 3rd Saturday Breakfast

Our 3rd Saturday is just around the corner. Anyone thinking about getting the cars out in the cooler "cold jacket weather" and doing breakfast or coffee on Saturday March 19th? R

If so, we can confirm a spot. If we don't come up with anything else, maybe we could try that little 50s style diner off Grant Line again; the one towards Elk Grove area we've all been to before - if there is any interest?

Where: Berts Diner
When: 9:00 am Sat Mar 19th (show up at 08:30, eat at 9)
Address:

Berts Diner
8972 Grant Line Road
Sheldon,California 95624
Tel (916) 686-6622

Rain or Shine - Cobra or no Cobra. We may need to just scatter around inside at tables if its too cold to sit outside. Anyone interested? Reply so we can get a headcount?

Clayboy 03-10-2011 07:18 AM

Great idea Duane! I'm there... one way or another.
Bob

decooney 03-10-2011 06:28 PM

Bob, looks like we won't have any problems finding a seat. Which booth do you want? Hahahaha. :LOL:

Clayboy 03-10-2011 08:30 PM

Duane,
It's either fear of commitment on the part of the other guys or they haven't asked their wives if they could go yet. LOL :p
Dudes, just say "please"
Bob

decooney 03-10-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayboy (Post 1115372)
Duane,
It's either fear of commitment on the part of the other guys or they haven't asked their wives if they could go yet. LOL :p
Dudes, just say "please"
Bob

I hear ya Bob, not only is it a big commitment to get the Cobra out and actually drive it, but its truly a scary situation to have to ask to do it. Its a good thing that we are up to the task though. I'm proud of you Man. I feel lucky too. :LOL:

pgermond 03-10-2011 10:13 PM

You two crack me up.

decooney 03-11-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgermond (Post 1115383)
You two crack me up.

Can't blame us for tryin' with the hope that folks with Cobras will come out and play. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the weather brings on the 19th and who gets the itch to drive Cobras, and who stays home to work on the yard. What say you, Dr. Phil? :LOL:

Danny Fong 03-11-2011 06:32 AM

Duane, I'll be there, but Cobraless. Cobra is going through a winter mod, adding power steering. Since Dan's Cobraless too, we can probably commute.

decooney 03-11-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Fong (Post 1115431)
Duane, I'll be there, but Cobraless. Cobra is going through a winter mod, adding power steering. Since Dan's Cobraless too, we can probably commute.

Good deal Danny! I have an extra passenger seat for you or Dan, and a row to tow anyone on a skateboard. Glad to hear the project is coming along. We had to make a prodding post this month since folks complained we don't have breakfasts any more and nobody makes posts in advance. We'll we did!

Bob,
Heads up, we better let Bert's know we are just about ready to fill up 3/4 of one booth and a full booth if Dan comes too. :LOL:

Clayboy 03-11-2011 06:58 AM

Sounds like it's time for Bert's to hire an extra chef to handle the breakfast rush from NorCal...

jrjmac1 03-11-2011 07:08 AM

Why don't you two skip breakfast...and get a room! :eek::eek:

decooney 03-11-2011 07:12 AM

Bob, go ahead and call Bert's to be sure to let them know to put TWO whole orange cones out. We want to make sure we get a parking spot in the parking lot before it fills up. If just you and I are the only ones to show up with Cobras for this lovely March meetup, I might have to contact Brett to ask him to change the name of our group and forum to "NoCal Cobras".

Hi John,
Or, if we could get you and Phil to commit to an actual reply of yes or no, you two could get a room too! I know you can do it, just one more reply with 2 or 3 letters, but not 4! :LOL:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5YQPw6oPoN...SA%2BFRONT.jpg

Danny Fong 03-11-2011 08:46 AM

you know how it goes around here....... next Friday, you'll probably get 20 responses

Clayboy 03-11-2011 08:49 AM

How about DosCal Cobras

pgermond 03-11-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayboy (Post 1115466)
how about doscal cobras

lmao :LOL:

FFR 3099 03-11-2011 09:22 AM

Haven't looked at the old computer for a couple of days, I'll show up, if you don't decide to cancel. My guess is a few guys are coming, they just don't ever let anyone know. See you there!

decooney 03-11-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFR 3099 (Post 1115473)
Haven't looked at the old computer for a couple of days, I'll show up, if you don't decide to cancel. My guess is a few guys are coming, they just don't ever let anyone know. See you there!

Yeah, and when Phil and John get onboard, we can upgrade the group name from DosCal Cobras to TresCal or QuatroCal Cobras :LOL:

Ray Ogden 03-11-2011 10:37 AM

Duane and Bob,

Looking forward to next Saturday, put me down for Two. Was strange to see a posting for Breakfast a week early, it nice to have a little notice.

GT390FE 03-11-2011 12:38 PM

I'm pretty sure I can make it but no Cobra:eek: this time maybe next month & thats a big "MAYBE". Duane I'll catch a ride with you or Danny. If you guys have empty seats still. Other wise I'll get out the 67 GT Fastback Mustang and drive it.:D

So John & Phil you guys coming to breakfast ?

Dan

maurice19 03-11-2011 12:44 PM

Man of few words says, count me in