Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   Front License Plate (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/117064-front-license-plate.html)

pgermond 09-01-2012 05:36 PM

Front License Plate

While cruising along minding my own business, I get pulled over and receive a speeding ticket. To put icing on the cake the CHP (aka tight-ass) also wrote me up for no front license plate.

My question is this - any of you guys have a front lic plate bracket I can borrow to get this signed off? I will return it as soon as I'm done with it.

Thanks!

Clayboy 09-01-2012 06:55 PM

Phil,
Sorry about the ticket... that's the chance we all take, but a citation for no front plate is just plain bull sheit. Can't help with a plate bracket. What about just wiring it to the oil cooler after padding the back really well? You know it's coming off after your visit to the CHP.

Bob

Got the Bug 09-01-2012 07:25 PM

That is such a chicken shix ticket. They usually won't pull you over just the plate, but he must have been having a bad day or won't ever drive a Cobra and decided to take it out on you.

Any way to tie wrap it on our attach it to anything? Do you know anyone that might help you get it signed off?

ratsnst1 09-01-2012 09:28 PM

this is old news gys no fronutoints against yo plate and tinted windows on the driver are points against you , no fix it ticket, its been that way for 3 years, hello.

roadrod2000 09-01-2012 09:30 PM

Hey Phil sorry to hear about the ticket. if you havent worked out the plate bracket issue yet look me up we can probably fab something up pretty quickly

ratsnst1 09-01-2012 09:31 PM

no front licence plates or tented windows is no longer a fix it tickit.been that way for a long time

pgermond 09-01-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrod2000 (Post 1208336)
Hey Phil sorry to hear about the ticket. if you havent worked out the plate bracket issue yet look me up we can probably fab something up pretty quickly

Rod,

Thanks for the offer - I just might take you up on that if I don't find one. I don't know if you have seen one before, if not, this is what Finish Line has to offer:

Finish Line Accessories

From a previous topic here on CC:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...e-bracket.html

Dangerous Doug 09-01-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratsnst1 (Post 1208337)
no front licence plates or tented windows is no longer a fix it tickit.been that way for a long time

No longer a fixit ticket? Then what is it? I got pulled over in my Jeep for no front license plate (got knocked off as I was pushing a tree out of my way on the Lost Coast). Well, actually he noticed me for my speed but wrote me up for the front plate.

Took it to a CHP station and got it signed off. Paid a fee, if I recall correctly. Seemed like a fixit ticket to me. That was about a year ago.

So, what do you mean?
DD

Calbullet 09-02-2012 06:54 AM

ratsnst1, you need spell check.

Got the Bug 09-02-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous Doug (Post 1208344)
No longer a fixit ticket? Then what is it? I got pulled over in my Jeep for no front license plate (got knocked off as I was pushing a tree out of my way on the Lost Coast). Well, actually he noticed me for my speed but wrote me up for the front plate.

Took it to a CHP station and got it signed off. Paid a fee, if I recall correctly. Seemed like a fixit ticket to me. That was about a year ago.

So, what do you mean?
DD

I believe that it's now a $25 ticket plus proof that you have the plate on. Not sure about points, but the fine increases substantially if you don't fix it. Total BS.

ACBill 09-02-2012 10:13 AM

I've never seen a license plate bracket that I really liked for our cars. Kind of wish we could use the narrow, British style, front tags.

I ended up making two small metal brackets, which attach to the underside of the body, and zip tied the top of the plate, to my bumper hoop. It covers my oil cooler opening, (not that I have a cooler in that area anyway), but still hate the look of a front plate..:(
Better than getting tickets I suppose..

JerryD 09-02-2012 11:09 AM

pgermond, you might check out this web site.

C6/C5 Corvette Retractable Front Frame

JimH 09-02-2012 02:36 PM

Here's a link to what I bought in case I'm ever stopped, then I suppose I'll have to use it.
front plate page

pgermond 09-02-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayboy (Post 1208313)
Phil,
Sorry about the ticket... that's the chance we all take, but a citation for no front plate is just plain bull sheit. Can't help with a plate bracket. What about just wiring it to the oil cooler after padding the back really well? You know it's coming off after your visit to the CHP.

Bob

Bob, Just out of curiosity..... did your guy write you up for your non-existent front plate?

Jaydee 09-02-2012 03:40 PM

How about a James Bond plate that revolves and shows a different number. Stops them speed cameras, then revolve it to the right number if they pull you over.:p
JD

Clayboy 09-02-2012 06:03 PM

Phil,

He didn't write me up for not having a front plate nor did he write me up for having a "replica" black and yellow license plate. When he wrote the ticket it was written up for 65 in a 55, after he originally said I was doing 70 in a 40. I guess I was luckier than you. This is also a maximum enforcement weekend.

Bob

ratsnst1 09-02-2012 07:54 PM

your right

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calbullet (Post 1208375)
ratsnst1, you need spell check.

I type to fast sometimes .

ratsnst1 09-02-2012 07:56 PM

check your points

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerous Doug (Post 1208344)

So, what do you mean?
DD

check your points on your driving record, your not gunna see it.

Got the Bug 09-02-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratsnst1 (Post 1208508)
check your points on your driving record, your not gunna see it.

Maybe points for a commerical license? I can't find that information anywhere.

Points on your license | California DMV Point System

You don't even get points for a cell phone violation.

jperickson2001 09-02-2012 10:07 PM

Use a piano hinge so it flips horizontal when at speed.