24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-02-2019, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five - 5.0 - Ford
Not Ranked     
Smile North Bay Cobra 2019 Calendar of Events

Dear NorCal Cobra Members,

I am Rus Rudden with the North Bay Cobra Club. We are a small group of about 30 active members in Marin and Sonoma Counties who try and arrange weekend get together's during good weather months. We are coming up with a calendar of events for 2019 and wanted to know if perhaps NorCal has a regular event we could participate. We have routinely done brunches but this year will be venturing out with a few more driving tours and visits to events like the Cobra Experience, Sonoma Speed Festival Historic Car Races and maybe others.

Is there anybody in NorCal I could communicate with that manages whatever calendar you maintain?

Appreciate

Rus Rudden - FastRus
Old 02-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

We try and get together the 3rd Saturday for breakfast. Usually meet at Cars & Coffee in Folsom and then decide. We have a couple of regular runs, however, the group as become fractured to a certain extent and we don't have the participation we had a couple of years ago.

CA SPCN 2004-040 complete and legal

http://www.uniquecobra.com/
Old 02-04-2019, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4 w/4.6 DOHC
Not Ranked     

Last year I went to the "Snakes to the Lake" event with the Bay Area Cobra club. It'd be awesome to have both clubs meet. BTW - I'm in Fairfield, where do you guys get together?
Old 02-05-2019, 07:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We don't really have a group up here any more but are trying to get another one started. But some of the Bay Area Club has came up to the big Kool April Nights car show in the past and that goes on for a week. Then we take drives over to the dam and there are some pretty good mountain roads in the area to drive on. The trips to Weaverville and up to Lassen are interesting.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 03-04-2019, 09:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

I have been to a BAC meeting and they are a fine group of gentlemen .They are over 100 miles away from me I live in the central valley.I would love to meet with others more near me.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Unique Roadster, FE by FE Specialties, 470hp, Top Loader, 3:31 Jag
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
I have been to a BAC meeting and they are a fine group of gentlemen .They are over 100 miles away from me I live in the central valley.I would love to meet with others more near me.
There is a Central Valley Cobra Club (look under forums), but it doesn't appear to be active any longer. Maybe you could make a couple of post and spark some interest. Nor Cal Cobras is mainly guys from the Sacramento area, including Folsom, Roseville, Placerville, El Dorado Hills, etc. but we have also experienced a decline in interest. Hoping things will pick up when the weather improves.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

During the wettest and hottest times of the year, this NorCal group is fairly disengaged.

Once the rains let up and cabin fever sets in, you'll see a few more cars out again. I've been working on my car to get it ready for use again soon.

If we look back at prior years these same types of posts come up annually about every Feb/Mar during rains, and again in July/Aug when it's blistering hot.

I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few ready to get their Cobras out again, and the upcoming window can be one of the nicest times of the year after rains and when Spring really takes off.

Now if we can get the retirees to plan some drives now, that would be sweet!
Old 03-28-2019, 10:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five - 5.0 - Ford
Not Ranked     
Default Upcoming North Bay Cobra Club Event - April 14 - NBCC Spring Kickoff at Sonoma Race

To all NorCal-Cobra Members,

The North Bay Cobra Club is planning six events this season

April 14th: CSRG Love Vintage Races at Sonoma Raceway in conjunction with a driving tour through Sonoma and Napa. Lunch at the Raceway.

Contact Ed Mestre at edmestre@comcast.net if interested.

May 19th: Meet at Cobra Expericne in Martinez for morning coffee& cars followed by a tour to the top of Mt. Daiblo for a picnic lunch.

Contact Rus Rudden at familyrudden@gmail.com if interested.

June 2nd: Marin Counth Coffee & Cars in Novato follwed by tour out to Point Reyes Statio and drive up Highway 1, lunch along the way.

July 14th: Drive to Anderson Valley starting from Santa Rosa. Drive to Philo. Return via Coppola Winery for nice lunch near Cloverdale.

August 18th: Brunch in Sonoma Square with tour in Napa. Lunch at Michael Velkoff's house in Novato.

October 13th: Meet in Petaluma. Driving tour in west Marin/ west Sonoma with brunch at Bodega Bay Lodge.

If you are interested in one or more of these events, contact either Ed Mestre or Rus Rudden.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     

I'v put the info in my calendar, we well see what I can and can't make.

Mark.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 1129
Not Ranked     

Love to meet up somewhere in between, being in the East Bay
Old 04-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
April 20, 2019

Old 04-28-2019, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Come to DREW's Cobra Day!!

Hey, Guys! Looking for something extra fun to do?? Come to Cobra Day June 1, 2019, at The Serb's Cobra Museum! I drove 200 miles last year to go to it, and had a great time! I could go to the Museum every day, and not get tired of it! You guys are next door to Martinez! We only had about five original Cobras there last year. How come you guys don't come and support the Museum? Tell Emily Cobra Bob sent you!😆
Old 05-06-2019, 03:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bob,

Is that museum open every day now? The last time I was down there which was some time ago it wasn't open and I live in Shasta Lake which is a somewhat long drive for me at my age to just find it closed.

Thanks,

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-06-2019, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Bob,

Is that museum open every day now? The last time I was down there which was some time ago it wasn't open and I live in Shasta Lake which is a somewhat long drive for me at my age to just find it closed.

Thanks,

Ron
Ron,
It's open one day a month, typically the third Sunday. Their big fundraiser is coming up--Gumball Rally dinner Friday night (5/31) and the Cobra Day car show Sat, June 1. I'm showing my new ERA (probably the first and last car show I will exhibit at).

Here's the 2019 schedule:
January 20th
February 17th
​March 17th
April 14th*
May 19th
June 16th
July 21st
August 18th
September 15th
October 20th
November 17th