Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NorCal Cobras (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/)
-   -   Christmas Toy Run (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/norcal-cobras/142941-christmas-toy-run.html)

Igofastr 11-11-2019 03:49 PM

Christmas Toy Run

Okay everyone, this is it.

Here is an updated announcement, with a list of specifically requested movies.

Be prepared to brave the cold and rain, but hope for sun and warmth, this is a rain or shine event. If it comes to it, you’ll be able to park in a covered garage, so your baby won’t get too wet (your wife might be able to stay dry too)

When: Saturday, 8 am, December 14

Where: First meet at Perko’s for breakfast (arrive 8 am-ish), then caravan over to Sutter Medical Center Sacramento (10:30 am)

What: Fun, merriment, and generosity.

As usual, the Hospital requests that we bring unwrapped stuffed animals, play doh, current movies/music, Fisher Price doctor kits, infant mobiles, rattles, crib toys…Remember, there are kids from infants to teenagers. But please, no guns, knives, swords, small balls or other choking hazards.

Here is a link to a Child Life special Amazon wish list: bit.ly/sutterpedschildlife
(its a little fiddly, but it works says my wife)

Once again, Child Life has a specific request for DVDs. The following is a comprehensive list. If you choose to donate one, let me know so I can take it off of the list.

Aquaman
Jumanji (Dwayne Johnson)
Bohemian Rhapsody
Spiderman – Far From Home
Pokémon – Detective Pikachu
Men In Black International
Isn’t It Romantic
Little
Toy Story 4
Lion King (Live Action)

SPECIAL NOTE: WE WILL HAVE HELP WITH PARKING, BUT WE'VE BEEN SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED TO LIMIT ENGINE NOISE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE (I know, party poopers).

Map to Perko's
https://www.bing.com/search?q=9647+M...a958f79913ad2f

Map to Sutter Medical Center
https://www.bing.com/search?q=sutter...+ca&FORM=R5FD1

Just thought I'd add some written driving instructions:

Business 80 to N street exit. Stay in left lane, go two blocks to L street. Turn left under the freeway, and immediately turn left again on 29th and take an almost immediate left into the parking lot. Head up to the upper deck, and you will be guided to our reserved spaces. See you there.

pgermond 11-11-2019 04:59 PM

Thanks, Ron. We plan on it!

SN8K IS 11-11-2019 07:25 PM

We’re in, subject to Pam’s being back on her feet.

patf11 11-12-2019 07:00 AM

Ron,

Lisa and I plan to attend.

Thanks for doing this again
Patrick

csx2303 11-12-2019 10:30 AM

Ron - I will attend (I already purchased toys for car related events). Thank you for organizing this. Jack

Igofastr 11-12-2019 11:07 AM

Alright guys and gals, I'll get on it!!

Igofastr 11-12-2019 03:42 PM

OK everyone,

I've been in contact with Amy with Child Life at SMCS (Sutter General). Would the 14th work for you all? I'm on call the week before (possibly could work around that), and the 21st might be cutting it too close.

Ron

patf11 11-12-2019 04:45 PM

Dec 14 would work for us

Patrick

pgermond 11-14-2019 01:56 PM

Thanks for the email Phil,

I’ve tried every way I can think of to access the NorCal cobra web site, even trying to set up a new account – no luck

Jennifer and I will attend, I presume starting with breakfast?

Murray

pgermond 11-14-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igofastr (Post 1468536)
OK everyone,

I've been in contact with Amy with Child Life at SMCS (Sutter General). Would the 14th work for you all? I'm on call the week before (possibly could work around that), and the 21st might be cutting it too close.

Ron

The 14th is good for us, people might be scattered by the 21st.

SN8K IS 11-15-2019 06:59 PM

Toy Run

Hey Ron, thanks for taking on the organizational responsibilities once again- much appreciated. Pam’s out of the hospital and on her way to becoming her old self, so count us in for 12/14 - it might be our first run since C&C on 11/2. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and to making the season brighter for some unfortunate kids.

Jim Norris 11-19-2019 05:55 PM

I'm in for the 14th. Thanks Ron for setting it up once again. You're the man.

TomBassman 11-20-2019 09:03 PM

Thanks for organizing this again, Ron.

Unfortunately, our Shelby Daytona will be in the shop during that time but we are very hopeful that we can join you if/when you make this run again next year. So glad that you are continuing this wonderful tradition!

Tom Lilienthal
CSX 9114

johnc427 11-23-2019 03:06 PM

Connie and I will be there. At least I will. Thanks for setting this up Ron.

csx2303 12-04-2019 08:54 PM

The 14th is definitely better than this weekend (7th) due to rain. With no rain on the 14th I will be there. Thanks Again Jack

Igofastr 12-09-2019 04:25 PM

Just bringing this to the top.

See ya all at Perko's on Saturday.

Igofastr 12-11-2019 12:29 PM

Just a test. Is anyone seeing this?

TomBassman 12-12-2019 09:20 AM

To Ron

I see it.

pgermond 12-12-2019 09:27 AM

I see it too. Ron, have a nasty, nasty cold that I really don't want to share with anyone, so I think it's best if I stay in bed. :(

Igofastr 12-12-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgermond (Post 1469630)
I see it too. Ron, have a nasty, nasty cold that I really don't want to share with anyone, so I think it's best if I stay in bed. :(

Sorry to hear that. Definitely stay home, but thanks for your support.

Ron