Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By decooney
  • 2 Post By decooney

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2023, 11:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Alan DeClue

"The comfort of having a friend may be taken away, but not that of having
had one."

Hi Folks, we lost a dear friend last week. Friend and car buddy, Alan DeClue.

Alan was friends with many people here in the Bay Area Cobra Club, NorCal Cobras, and one of our champions from the good old Western States Cobra Bash years. Alan had friends all over the place. I thank Alan for nudging me to get people together when we did. Alan was doing his thing at his automotive shop when he passed on. I'm relaying some of this through friends, family. Sending out our Sincere Condolences to all family and friends of Alan.

What are your memories of Alan - let me share a few:
As some may recall, while many of us were driving on the track at WSCB many years ago, you'd find Alan in the pits running around helping people with their broken cars coming off of the track. As one of his friends shared today, "Alan would give you the shirt off of his back". Because that is the kind of guy Alan was. Alan had a passion for people, cars, and more cars! A unique character and friend to many.

Alan recently turned 60. We were fortunate to get together with the old WSCB Track Day crew last year for a 12-year reunion. Alan and friend made the trip up in his Cobra. We talked about making sure we all met up this last time, and the reunion idea started with Alan. There was an intended purpose to this meetup, and so thankful we did it. Thank You Alan.

These two photos are stored in the Gallery for Western States Cobra Bash. Alan is third up on the left side, Blue CS shirt and Blue/Red Cobra Snake hat on.

The photo I remember most was Alan with his little girl and his WSCB shirt years back during a weekend breakfast meetup we did up in Murphys one year.

Alan was very proud of his daughter. I never forgot this photo of Alan and his daughter baby Danica.
Yep, you got it, named after the famous race car driver, and Alan would not have had it any other way.

You are in all of our memories dear friend. Vroom-Vroom, keep on drivin'.

REQUEST:
Please share thoughts, memories, photos, for Alan's family & friends. Thank You.

spf645, EM-0785 and Devin295 like this.

Last edited by decooney; 03-27-2023 at 11:40 PM..
Old 03-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: owned Kirkham for 11 years
Not Ranked     

I am sorry to hear about Alan, Duane
Maurice
Old 03-31-2023, 11:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Found this old Motortrend article, 2007, reference to Alan's CAV GT40 MKI. Some nice old photos in here too. Alan drove it on the track and all the way up to the Cobra Bash years.

Story: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...-cav-gt40-mk1/

Article clip
"CAV GT40 MK 1 - Two For The Track
Despite having a freeze plug pop out the side of the 418ci stroker mill, Mr. DeClue had a new plug in place and was on the Thunderhill racetrack the same day taking more hot laps. He had help from several buddies, who made a mad dash to an open auto parts store, and assisted him in installing the new freeze plug.
"

xb-60 and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 04-04-2023, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #629, BBM Side Oiler Block, 482ci, Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

What a shame. Alan was a great guy. For those of you interested in paying your last respects, plans for his services are detailed below.

Chris

Alan’s funeral will be at Callaghan Mortuary.

The address is…
Callaghan Mortuary
3833 East Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550
(925)-447-2942

Visitation is at Callaghan Mortuary on Friday April 14 from 5:30 to 8:30 PM.

Funeral service is at Callaghan Mortuary on Saturday afternoon April 15 from 1:30 to 3:30

Reception:
Beeb’s Sports Bar & Grill
915 Clubhouse Dr.
Livermore.
Reception is planned for Beeb’s (not confirmed yet) for April 15 on Saturday the funeral (likely 4:00 to 7:30).

Burial is at St. Michael Funeral Center on Monday morning at 11:30 AM
Old 04-15-2023, 09:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Celebrating Alan's Life

Great turnout today by various circles of old friends, car buddies, and customer's to share stories along with family to celebrate Alan's life and accomplishments.

It was interesting and inspiring hearing all of the different stories and connections he made with different people and interests. People first, then Cars, Boats, Bikes, Planes, 80's Rock Music, and more.

Alan had a knack and a love for getting people together, and we know he was looking down on us today, getting a big kick out of us sharing memories of him and celebrating his life.