Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Dyno Your Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/10428-dyno-your-cobra.html)

RogerC 08-20-2001 07:18 AM

Dyno Your Cobra

At DOCS last weekend I ran into Alex Racz, owner of Carburetor Connection in Totem Lake. He has a 1200HP Dynojet in his shop which he makes available to clubs on saturdays for a special rates.

For $60 you get 5 to 6 pulls on the Dyno and for an additional $10 he will use his exhaust analyst machine. We would start at 10 AM and go into the afternoon. Maybe we could orginize a lunch?

If there is enough interest, we need to pick a weekend before the weather turns bad. Mega Cruz #5 is Sept. 16th. I propose Sept. 22nd or the 29th.

Max. 17 or 18 cars!

dalola 08-20-2001 09:42 AM

Man, that sure is a great deal! Makes me wanna move to WA! I do have a friend in Kennewick.....hmmmmm.....

Dave:3DSMILE:

Rich 08-20-2001 10:37 AM

Count me IN!!!

Rich

Todd & Kris 08-20-2001 09:30 PM

Re: Dyno Your Cobra

I've done this once before with Alex, but I'll do it again!

It's intense to watch these cars strapped down like a wild horse engine roaring up to 6000 rpm (in my case) with the rear wheels turning 140mph. They test the rear wheel HP with the owner driving, and the cars in top gear, they want as close to a 1:1 ratio as they can get.

They give out printed graphs showing torque and HP curves. It's good information to have and this is not a HP contest! Even if you have a 140HP V8, you should do this for a baseline.

Todd & Kris

P.S. If this baby :3DSMILE: comes early I won't be there :eek:

Keith Vincent 08-21-2001 10:54 AM

I'm up for the 29th. Out of town before the 26th. Keep me posted.
Keith

Zderf 08-22-2001 06:28 PM

YEAH!!

I'm in. Either day..

Thanks!!!

Zderf...
:3DSMILE:

RogerC 08-24-2001 07:17 AM

Need more cars!

I failed to mention on my original posting that there is a minimum of five cars to set up a club event. So far we have four commitments and one maybe. At this price I thought there would be more interest. :confused:

I guess we could let this go another week and see if we can round up another car or two.

Stephen Rauch 08-28-2001 12:50 PM

Roger - My car is at Carb Connection today geeting a carb rebuild... Amazingly they found that I had three wires crossed. Scary - Never touched the wires..

Anyway - I was told that the car will be running like a different car when tey are done today. Count me in for the dyno - hopefully I'll break the three cynlinders in before the end of the month.

Zderf 08-29-2001 06:56 AM

Restrictions

I'll be on a power restriction for 500 miles for the new differential. I can only hope that I will have that covered before this thing is scheduled.

Drats!!!

Zderf
:CRY:

Stephen Rauch 08-29-2001 08:45 AM

If you need someone to push you over that 500 miles - left me know. We can go for a long cruise.

RogerC 08-29-2001 09:04 AM

Lack of interest!

Looks like we have a distinct lack of interest. We need at least five SOLID "will shows" and we have four with a maybe and " if my car is ready". I would think if we had ten commentments, maybe six or seven would show. Not to say this is unusual, but things come up and for one reason or another people can't make it.

My hope was to organize this for good weather this fall. Maybe we should postpone this until next year when we can get a better turn out.

Your thoughts.:confused:

Jay Torborg 08-29-2001 10:16 AM

Are other cars welcome?

I don't have my Cobra done yet, but I'd be interested in coming to meet some of you and test out my modified BMW M Roadster, particularly if you're still looking for another car. I still have to check the calendar to make sure I'm free, but I think I am.

- Jay