Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 08-20-2001, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool Dyno Your Cobra

At DOCS last weekend I ran into Alex Racz, owner of Carburetor Connection in Totem Lake. He has a 1200HP Dynojet in his shop which he makes available to clubs on saturdays for a special rates.

For $60 you get 5 to 6 pulls on the Dyno and for an additional $10 he will use his exhaust analyst machine. We would start at 10 AM and go into the afternoon. Maybe we could orginize a lunch?

If there is enough interest, we need to pick a weekend before the weather turns bad. Mega Cruz #5 is Sept. 16th. I propose Sept. 22nd or the 29th.

Max. 17 or 18 cars!
Old 08-20-2001, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Man, that sure is a great deal! Makes me wanna move to WA! I do have a friend in Kennewick.....hmmmmm.....

Dave
Old 08-20-2001, 10:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Count me IN!!!

Rich
Old 08-20-2001, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics, 460 crate motor (525hp), custom billet dash, carbon fiber, Blue w/white stripes. Gotta love it!
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Dyno Your Cobra

I've done this once before with Alex, but I'll do it again!

It's intense to watch these cars strapped down like a wild horse engine roaring up to 6000 rpm (in my case) with the rear wheels turning 140mph. They test the rear wheel HP with the owner driving, and the cars in top gear, they want as close to a 1:1 ratio as they can get.

They give out printed graphs showing torque and HP curves. It's good information to have and this is not a HP contest! Even if you have a 140HP V8, you should do this for a baseline.

Todd & Kris

P.S. If this baby comes early I won't be there
Old 08-21-2001, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Keith Vincent
Not Ranked     

I'm up for the 29th. Out of town before the 26th. Keep me posted.
Keith
Old 08-22-2001, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up YEAH!!

I'm in. Either day..

Thanks!!!

Zderf...
Old 08-24-2001, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face Need more cars!

I failed to mention on my original posting that there is a minimum of five cars to set up a club event. So far we have four commitments and one maybe. At this price I thought there would be more interest.

I guess we could let this go another week and see if we can round up another car or two.
Old 08-28-2001, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roger - My car is at Carb Connection today geeting a carb rebuild... Amazingly they found that I had three wires crossed. Scary - Never touched the wires..

Anyway - I was told that the car will be running like a different car when tey are done today. Count me in for the dyno - hopefully I'll break the three cynlinders in before the end of the month.
Old 08-29-2001, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VICTORY, 92 C.I., belt drive, saddle bags.
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Restrictions

I'll be on a power restriction for 500 miles for the new differential. I can only hope that I will have that covered before this thing is scheduled.

Drats!!!

Zderf
Old 08-29-2001, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you need someone to push you over that 500 miles - left me know. We can go for a long cruise.
Old 08-29-2001, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face Lack of interest!

Looks like we have a distinct lack of interest. We need at least five SOLID "will shows" and we have four with a maybe and " if my car is ready". I would think if we had ten commentments, maybe six or seven would show. Not to say this is unusual, but things come up and for one reason or another people can't make it.

My hope was to organize this for good weather this fall. Maybe we should postpone this until next year when we can get a better turn out.

Your thoughts.
Old 08-29-2001, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Are other cars welcome?

I don't have my Cobra done yet, but I'd be interested in coming to meet some of you and test out my modified BMW M Roadster, particularly if you're still looking for another car. I still have to check the calendar to make sure I'm free, but I think I am.

- Jay