Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Andy Teal Memorial Service Nov 21st (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/107678-andy-teal-memorial-service-nov-21st.html)

CloGo66 11-14-2010 05:04 PM

Andy Teal Memorial Service Nov 21st

A memorial gatherineg will be held for Andy Teal on November 21st, 2010 from 2-4pm at the Olalla Grange, 7554 Fragaria Rd SE, Olalla, WA 98359. Donations in Andy's name can be made to Hospice of Kitsap County.

Cobra car owners are encouraged to drive their Cobra to this memorial event. It will be a fitting tribute to Andy, who loved everything Cobra!

Jake 11-15-2010 06:41 AM

Looks like we will have to bundle up. It will be in the 30's and clear at this point.

Jake

Fred Hamilton 11-15-2010 11:30 AM

Jake
It may be cool but I know Andy would have done it for any of us. I just wish I could be there.

Jake 11-18-2010 06:02 PM

Now calling for snow showers on Sunday. Anybody have a set of chains for a Cobra :LOL::LOL::LOL: I know Andy is laughing at us from upstairs.

Jake

jwd 11-18-2010 06:34 PM

We'll see what the actual forecast is when we get closer. It could be 70 degrees, or we may have a foot of snow. Regardless, I'll be there, Cobra or not. It reminds me of Steve's memorial. The weather was iffy, Andy and I consulted and decided "what the heck". I made it home just before the thunder, lightening and major down pour. Andy stayed at the reception and got his car filled with rain. He always had the knack for finding rain. God, I miss him.:CRY:

Jim

1blackbb66 11-19-2010 08:25 PM

It's not lookin good for Sunday. I plan to drive the Cobra unless it really looks ugly. Could go either way at this point.
Dang!

Ray

Jake 11-20-2010 09:00 AM

I am with you Ray. No problem with cold temps, it is the snow I am worried about. I will wait till Sun. to make the call. Either way we will be going. We could meet up at the 512 park and ride and cruze up from there. Say 1:00 pm? Please sing out if you will be meeting at the park and ride.
Jake

BruceSnyder 11-20-2010 09:20 AM

1:00pm at the hwy 512 park and ride sounds good to me. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Bruce

1blackbb66 11-20-2010 08:45 PM

It's 8:30 pm as I write this and unfortunately the weather is just not cooperating for tomorrow. It now says 30% chance of snow in the afternoon. I'll be at the 512 park & ride by 1 pm. Hopefully things will improve a bit and I'll be in the Cobra.
See you guys then.

Ray

steve 11-21-2010 07:28 AM

Jake,
We are going, just don't know which car we will be taking. Hoping to take the cobra.

Steve and Penny

BruceSnyder 11-21-2010 11:55 AM

Just checking to see if anybody has made a decision if you are taking your cobra? The weather looks like it may hold.

Bruce

all motor 11-21-2010 12:25 PM

thought you guys might like to know the weather from what I'm seeing from my side of the canal-temp. is 36 and currently snowing on the canal-I assume it's like this in Kitsap-I won't be there unfortunately-two years ago I rolled a Tundra multiple times in this kind of weather-stay dry and safe.

Bob

Jake 11-21-2010 12:32 PM

We will be driving the Cobra!

Jake

1blackbb66 11-21-2010 08:34 PM

Saw a Cobra being loaded up on the wrecker just before the 512 exit. Was that you Bruce?
Jake said you were not runnin too well on the way home and he didn't see you after the 512 exit.

Ray

BruceSnyder 11-22-2010 04:01 PM

Ray,

Yep, it was me. The alternator quit charging right after I left the grange hall. Actually, I was suprised how far the car made it. It should be an easy fix. It was still a fun ride, believe it or not. And it was worth having a cobra presence for Andy's family.

Bruce

jwd 11-22-2010 05:20 PM

Bruce, Had I known of your problem, you could have left your car at my house in Gig Harbor. My sister-in-law saw you on the side of the road. Glad it worked out okay. See everyone next year. Mine is parked till then.

Jim

BruceSnyder 11-23-2010 02:34 PM

Jim,

At the rate the voltage was dropping I thought I may be able to make. Nice try. My Cobra may be parked til next year also. I had a 2g alternator installed because that's the connections the wiring harness was set up for. I should have know better. I'm going to replace it with a 3g alternator. More amps and more reliable.

Thanks for the offer.

See you next season. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Bruce

1blackbb66 11-23-2010 09:40 PM

Bummer Bruce. I would have stopped but when I went by it looked like he was finishing lashing her down. In addition to your new alternator you should consider a Optima yellow top battery. I have a red top in my F150, which is not as good as a yellow top when you have a problem, and my alternator went out in Yelm. It was dark and I made it all the way home to 128th and Canyon with headlights on and still had power to spare. They are expensive, but well worth the piece of mind.

Ray

1blackbb66 11-23-2010 09:49 PM

Jim,

Thanks again for having the windshield stickers made for Andy. I have mine right under Steve's.

Ray

jwd 11-30-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1blackbb66 (Post 1091596)
Jim,

Thanks again for having the windshield stickers made for Andy. I have mine right under Steve's.

Ray

Mine is too. Since Jake is more active than myself, I gave him a bunch to distribute. For those that couldn't make it to the memorial, send me your address and I'll send you one or the next time you see Jake, ask him for one.
Fred H. sent me a NWCC decal and my wife can digitize it, make any changes recommended and embroider patches, T-Shirts, underwear or what have you if there is an interest.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/jwd60/cropped.jpg