Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up For Sale: 1964 Shell Valley Daytona Coupe

Is there a better place to post this?

You guys in the Cobra Club and in the forums have all been super great. What a resource to have!

Up for sale a near mint condition 1964 Daytona Coupe Cobra. Fully documented and cost over $70k to build. The parts alone were more than $40k. Asking $34,000, Car located near Seattle, WA.

Name:  DSC00903.jpg
Views: 4063
Size:  41.6 KB

There were originally 6 built and this was America’s entry into real racing. These cars won on the European circuit and because of this car Enzo Ferrari pulled all his cars from the racing circuit (the only time ever) for a year to try to re-design a car that could beat Ford and Shelby’s Ferrari killer. As a result the originals are the highest priced cars ever produced from America. Many designers think that the Daytona Coupe has some of the best lines ever shaped in the automotive world. There are quite a few cars designed after this car (Dodge Viper). Please find more information:

Peter Brock and the Daytona Coupe

This was built from a Shell Valley kit.

Shell Valley Classic Wheels Inc | 1964 Daytona Coupe Series II

This car was professionally put together by an enthusiast in OR. It is currently titled in OR as a 1964. This coupe was the builder’s 4th Cobra. He is a builder and not a driver as he is approaching 70 years old. Very nice guy but his logging company was hit hard by the economic crisis and I was able to purchase this car at a unbelievably low amount. It just needed the interior which I had done by 60% self and 40% a custom shop in Bellevue. Full German Velour carpet and Alcantara headliner, the interior is as high end as a Porsche. I have about $34,000 into this car. I purchased it in February earlier this year with the intentions of tracking. I since then re-evaluated this as the car is a true muscle car, but handles very well (I also have shorter springs for track use, never installed). This car is way too much for me and my limited skills on the track. Transmission is out of a 94’ Mustang Cobra. One of Ford’s most reliable engine the 302 professionally stroked to 331. The limited slip Ford 9” rear end is great. It has real knock off wheels. The car’s specs are as follows:

Fully forged, balanced, maged, line honed, and decked 331 Ford assembled with ARP fasteners.
AFR 185 aluminum heads
Ford E 303 hydraulic roller cam
48 IDA Webers matched to this engine by Inglese
Avaid high capacity oil pan
MSD 6AL Ignition
March pulleys
Carter high flow fuel pump with remote canister filter.
Aluminum flywheel with RAM clutch surrounded by a Lakewood steel bell housing.
T-5 transmission with Pro ripper shifter
Ford 9 inch rear end fitted with a 3.73 limited slip gears
4 link rear suspension with QA1 adjustable shocks
Pole Position adjustable upper front control arms with QA1 adjustable shocks
Big Wilwood disks with a Electric High-Power Master cylinder Kit from ABS Power Brakes.
17” Trigo wheels mounted with Toyo Proxes RA 1 tires
Painless wiring
Optima battery with switch
Longacre switch panels with a hidden key switch.
JBL quick release steering wheel
Millenium Gauges
Vintage Air heater
Full German Velour carpet and Alcantara headliner
Suede racing seats
4 point roll bar
Simpson 5 point quick release seat belts
Painted Ford Bright Red with Wimbleton White stripes, paint code is D3 red from a 2007 Shelby Mustang

Pictures of my car can be found at: Flickr: 64' Daytona Coupe Cobra's Photostream

The Daytona Coupe is fast, loud, gets a ton of attention and give you a serious adrenaline high every time you drive it. It has just over 400 Hp and is super light weight. It has about 1500 miles. People literally stop and get out of their cars to take a look. This is a great car to have in your/customer’s garage and drive when the weather is nice. It will be the star at any car show and always pulls in the most attention.

I live in Asia 10 months out of the year. When I come back to Seattle, I enjoy driving and this mostly means on the track as I don’t want to risk legal problems with spirited street driving. I would love to keep this car forever, but I am not a collector and I have limited garage space. I need something for the track and a Lotus Exige or an M3 are my top contenders. I track my M5, need the space for my kids and clients, but it is too big and heavy. I really only got to enjoy this car once. I went down to South OR along the HW 101 with the Northwest cobra club last August. I put about 1200 miles on it. The car was perfect and I averaged 90 mph on the way home up I-5. I just can not enjoy this car enough!

The car is still titled in OR, title in hand, as I was waiting to title it in WA until after October 2011. The car is currently titled as a 1964 Daytona Coupe. WA state just passed a law that now allows cars to be titled in the intended year. Please see this link:

SB 5585 - 2011-12

There are only a few minor issues with the car. The fuel gauge does not function accurately (It is either a bad ground or the gauge itself). I do have the extra fuel gauge for the 16 gallon take. I think it should have a differential alignment, but this is my own assessment. Park Place LTD (certified Superformance dealer) says they can do it for about $150 or so, I just have not had the time to take it in. Looking to get what I have into it: $34,000. The original knock off caps were aluminum and I broke one. I just purchased the new Stainless steel ones, ready to be put on. The car could use some 3M clear film. And eventually, the exhaust should be ceramic coated. I just changed all fluids and use only royal purple. Really, this car runs like a dream. It has push button start and it has a hidden ignition key. Please let me know if you need any more information or have any further questions.

Jacob
Old 12-13-2011, 10:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default More Pictures

Also, has a brand new battery. Please see a few more pictures (more can be found at: Flickr: 64' Daytona Coupe Cobra's Photostream ):

Name:  DSC00017.jpg
Views: 2400
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  DSC00019.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  35.8 KB

Name:  DSC00044.jpg
Views: 3482
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  DSC00001 (2).jpg
Views: 1813
Size:  37.9 KB
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Email me at clharlan@dcpmidstream.com or tulsacobra@valornet.com

I am interested!

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sold! The car found a great new home. Thank you all for the opportunity. One really great car and great experience.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

Congrats Jacob! Good luck on new BMW. I think I will need a ride in the monster if you make your way down south.

Jake
Old 12-20-2011, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

WOW, sold in 2 days!

Somebody got a great deal!

Cheers!

Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_Seattle View Post

This car was professionally put together by an enthusiast in OR. It is currently titled in OR as a 1964. This coupe was the builder’s 4th Cobra. He is a builder and not a driver as he is approaching 70 years old. Very nice guy but his logging company was hit hard by the economic crisis and I was able to purchase this car at a unbelievably low amount.

70 years old?

Oh now that hurts, I am 53....

That was a fun car to build, it seems Jacob was pleased with it.

Of all the Cobra projects I have built that one was the quickest, if the new owner is a CC member and has any questions feel free to PM me.

Scott S
Old 12-31-2011, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Racing/427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

damm woulda snapped that up in a heartbeat!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Charter Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: My Shell Valley Coupe is here! Now the building begins....
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scufty View Post
damm woulda snapped that up in a heartbeat!
I'll build another if you care to make a offer...

Scott S