Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Cars and Coffee this coming Sat.(Feb.4th) @Griot's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/114188-cars-coffee-coming-sat-feb-4th-griots.html)

Jake 01-30-2012 06:46 PM

Cars and Coffee this coming Sat.(Feb.4th) @Griot's

Wondering if there is any interest in getting their cars out for a nice winter drive Sat.(Feb. 4th). Griot's is having Cars and Coffee at the store off 38th in Tacoma. There should be a good gathering of all types of Sports/Collector vehicles and free doughnuts and coffee. Please no doughnut jokes :). The weather looks good and it would be great to see a few of you guys. So dust off your cars and I will see ya there! I will be there around 8 am. Please sing out if you will be attending or you would like to drive out as a group.

Jake

Silverback51 01-31-2012 02:35 AM

I will probably be there. Just need to let my fur grow out for a couple days so I can stay warm.

Hammer65 01-31-2012 10:54 AM

My car is in hybernation in back of daughter's garage. Can't make this one.

BruceSnyder 01-31-2012 07:43 PM

Jake,

I'll have to pass on this one. I decided to get rid of my powerjection III and go with a Holley carb. So, I'm out of commission for a while.

Enjoy. Sounds like it'll be a nice day.

Bruce

p.s. Anybody know a good Holley tuner person?

1blackbb66 01-31-2012 10:08 PM

Sounds great Jake. I'll have to break out the ole girl and light a fire in her.
Hope to see you guys there.

Ray

MValley Snake 02-01-2012 06:37 PM

Griot's

Hope to meet you all someday, I have SPF 02363 w/ 475HP 392CI Ford Crate motor and I live in Maple Valley. Just bought the Cobra in December (always been a "bucket list" car for me) so I have only about 50 miles of seat time (4700mi total on car). I am anxious to learn my way around this car and can't wait for spring/summer. Just got the new gaskets to fix the intake manifold air leak but may not have it done by Saturday.
If I can otherwise make it I will probably be in a silver SL55 or red NSX and will look for the Cobra Nest!

Brian Pounder

Jake 02-01-2012 06:55 PM

Sounds good Brian. Welcome to the club! Nice choice in cars, sounds like you are a man after my own heart.

Jake

Jake 02-01-2012 06:57 PM

Ray, you want to meet up with Cobra Dave and me at Mclendon's at 0745 and drive out together?

Jake

1blackbb66 02-01-2012 07:39 PM

That'll work for me.
See you then.

Ray

Silverback51 02-02-2012 01:33 PM

Right now gentlemen it looks like I may wuss out and bring the Corvette. Current forecast is for 32 degrees at 7:00 at my place. I can handle 40, but I'm not sure of 32.

Jake 02-02-2012 04:23 PM

Come on John. Don't be a girl! That is what a warm hat and gloves are for.:):):)

Jake

Silverback51 02-02-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 1173874)
Come on John. Don't be a girl! That is what a warm hat and gloves are for.:):):)

Jake

Are you and Ray going to be topless?

Jake 02-02-2012 06:07 PM

Hmmmm. I have my hardtop on.

Jake

1blackbb66 02-02-2012 09:54 PM

Topless it is

Ray

jwd 02-03-2012 06:45 AM

John,

Bring the Corvette and be warm and cozy. I'll talk to you even if the others won't.:3DSMILE:

Jim

dagman 02-03-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake (Post 1173388)
Wondering if there is any interest in getting their cars out for a nice winter drive Sat.(Feb. 4th). Griot's is having Cars and Coffee at the store off 38th in Tacoma. There should be a good gathering of all types of Sports/Collector vehicles and free doughnuts and coffee. Please no doughnut jokes :). The weather looks good and it would be great to see a few of you guys. So dust off your cars and I will see ya there! I will be there around 8 am. Please sing out if you will be attending or you would like to drive out as a group.

Jake

I may give it a shot if I can get my engine back in by then. I'll be starting on it Saturday morning so the chances are slim :(

Silverback51 02-03-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1173968)
John,

Bring the Corvette and be warm and cozy. I'll talk to you even if the others won't.:3DSMILE:

Jim

The Corvette it is.

Karen wants me to drop her off to visit with her mom who lives in Tacoma. She just had some surgery last Monday so she cannot get in and out of the Cobra yet, so I'm using her as my excuse to stay warm. :o

And thank you Jim for not treating me as an outcast. :eek::cool:

Mark Brye 02-03-2012 03:56 PM

I am going to try to make it also. Will see you guys at Groits. Will not be able to meet at Mcglendons. I will have to leave the Cobra at home for this one, as freezing is a little cold for me.

caropepe 02-04-2012 08:28 AM

On my way! Cold!

Jake 02-04-2012 11:29 AM

It was a great morning indeed! Loved seeing all the great cars and hanging out with everyone. It felt so great to drive the Cobra in the sun again.