Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Run To The Sun 2012 - Official (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/114655-run-sun-2012-official.html)

Dale McBain 03-05-2012 09:19 PM

Run To The Sun 2012 - Official

This is the official "official" announcement for the 2012 Run to the Sun. Here are the details-
-Location Sun Mountain Lodge, 800-572-0493, be sure and reference the "NW Cobra Club" when you make your reservations.
-Hotel check in Jun 15; check out on June 17th, yes it is Fathers Day weekend.
-We have a block of rooms reserved at the hotel.
-If you're going, you better make your reservations now!
-Meeting place for breakfast will be Jakes Cafe in Snohomish, WA at about 9:30A.
-Those meeting at Jake's Cafe will travel as a group to SML, with some stops along the way
-We have our usual plan to meet at the bar Friday night at the Wolf Creek Bar & Grill for a social & dinner, and the group dinner in the SML Wine Cellar (a private room for us only) Saturday night. (Dress is casual; you might need a sweater as the room is chilled.)
-Saturday there will be a Cobra event, plus a lunch in Chelan.
-The event will be a photo rally to our luncheon location.
-The photo rally rules will follow in a couple of weeks. The rally course will be secret until Saturday morning the day of the rally.
-If you are going and you want a commerative shirt, we need to know shirt sizes (men's or women's) and quantities. As in the past this will be a golf or Izod type shirt, NOT A TEE SHIRT, estimated cost $35.00 each.
-If you are coming please private e-mail me with your contact information, and I will send you mine.

Hope you can make it, it's always been a blast!

More to follow,
Dale McBain
SPF469

mroush 03-12-2012 12:47 PM

Heather & Mike will be there. We have made the last few Run of the River trips & would not miss it!

mroush 03-13-2012 11:35 AM

Ok, it seems I have another trip on my mind "run of the river". Heather & I will be at the "Run to the Sun" as well. I read it before I sent it & still did't catch it.

Mike

Stephen Crosten 03-13-2012 12:19 PM

Dale:

Judy and I have our reservations at the Lodge! We look forward to the event and seeing everyone again; I sent you a post on your site with my email info.

Regards,

Stephen Crosten
SPF 2985

Dale McBain 03-13-2012 05:05 PM

Mike,

Are you planning a Run to the River?? Like the River along the old road to Yakima from Ellensburg??

Dale
SPF469

PS- I am pulled a half-shaft last night. Found a problem while prepping for our April trip to Lake Havasu.

WardL 03-13-2012 10:52 PM

Sounds like another good year of fun! We have to get all the pictures from last year posted two!

mroush 03-14-2012 06:10 AM

Dale, the "run of the river" is a B&B in Leavenworth - I was making anniversary planes for September. We have stayed there a few times - but have not been back for 5 years or so.
We are wanting to do a couple other Cobra runs this year - we will see what comes up. We just have to shake this last week of winter & hopefully get on to a nice spring.

Blue Cobra 04-05-2012 09:21 AM

Fun at the Sun

Dale,

Great work pulling all this together, thank you. Although the lodge is closed until April 18th I was successful in reserving the Mt. Gardner room this morning and will be looking forward to the event and meeting up again with the old and new Club Cobra riders.

They mentioned that parking was only outdoors and we did not have a reserved place to park, so I'll be sure to turn down sensitivity of the car-alarm motion sensors, and have my car cover and hope the tie downs work better this time that when I was at SML for my anniversary a couple years ago and I got up and found my cover on the car next to me. :3DSMILE:

Cheers!
Kevin and Dianne

Dale McBain 04-07-2012 06:04 PM

Mike,
If you do a run to Leavenworth, be sure and give us plenty of

Dale McBain 04-07-2012 06:07 PM

Let's try this again.
Mike,
If you are planning a run to Leavenworth, give us plenty of warning we would like to put it on our schedule.
Dale

Dale McBain 04-07-2012 06:14 PM

RTTS 2012 Shirts

I need to know who wants a shirt to commerate this years run. As usual we need to know the size (men's or women's) and quantity. You have to trust me on the color and the design. The color will most likely be yellow this year.
Dale
SPF 469

WardL 04-07-2012 09:29 PM

Dale, Tetelle and I have booked the Lodge and plan to go. Please include an XL shirt for me only. Thanks for setting this up!

Blue Cobra 04-13-2012 08:38 AM

RTTS 2012 Shirts

Dale,

If it turns out to be any color other than yellow, sign me up for at least one mens in Large. Unfortunately I don't do yellow shirts. Left them behind with my Don Johnson look-a-like "Miami Vice" salmon colored silk blazer in the 80's. :LOL:

Now my snake riding co-pilot Dianne may want a yellow shirt, will these just be mens cut shirts or are you thinking about a women's cut shirt as well?

Thanks in Advance Dale for your efforts putting all this together for us.

Regards,
BC Kevin

Silverback51 04-14-2012 09:38 AM

I had to hold off committing on this due to some medical issues, but I got my test results back yesterday, and I'm good to go.

We will be making our reservations sometime over the weekend and I'm really looking forward to this since we have missed the last two years.

I will also send you a PM later today or tomorrow with our shirt information.

And as always, thanks Dale for organizing this.

WardL 04-15-2012 06:49 PM

Dale, If you see Jeff (of Jeff and Diana White), could you ask them to bring their pictures from the last two years? We should all bring our pictures and share..... thx!

dblbarrel 05-02-2012 09:14 PM

Dale, Susan and I will see you there.
Tim

Silverback51 05-03-2012 02:27 AM

Karen's older brother in Houston has had some issues the past couple years and they just diagnosed him with Picks Disease. It's advancing rapidly, so Karen and her mother will be flying down there that week, so I'm going to have to pass again.

If the weather is nice, I may try to make a day trip over there on Saturday.

Blue Cobra 05-03-2012 10:12 AM

Wishing the best for your family and Karens brother.

Dale McBain 05-05-2012 11:57 AM

The Shirt

The shirt is not going to be a just a shirt this year. It will be a pull over micro fiber wind shirt. Details to follow. It is going to have a picture of a Cobra (as in the car), with inscription "Power Corrupts" or "To Much Power is Never Enough". Should have color and style details this evening.
Dale
SPF469

Dale McBain 05-09-2012 05:56 PM

Windshirt

The commerative shirt this year is going to be a Micro Fiber Windshirt, with teflon. To see the shirt go to "www.ashcity.com". In the upper right hand corner of their web page in the advanced search box type in "88044". You will be able to see the shirt. It will have a genuine McBain inspired graphic on the left breast. Cost complete including shipping will be no more than $45.00 each.

Please note the sizing chart, and confirm size and quantity.

We need a response by Tuesday of next week since I must place the order on Wednesday to avoid paying air freight.

Best Regards to All,
Dale & Gloria McBain
SPF 469