Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-22-2012, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     
Default Shelton WA Autocross June

I'm planning to drive down to Shelton airport (?) the first Saturday in June and autocross my Cobra. Has anyone done the Shelton airport autocross before? This will be my second year of autocross, but I am still fully capable of making a fool of myself.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardL View Post
I'm planning to drive down to Shelton airport (?) the first Saturday in June and autocross my Cobra. Has anyone done the Shelton airport autocross before? This will be my second year of autocross, but I am still fully capable of making a fool of myself.
Details please !
Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony, I was looking for more details and now have a little more info. On Sunday, June 3, the Boeing Employees Autosports Club has an autocross event at Sanderson Field at the Shelton Airport. It is about 180 miles down there and I am planning to run in the time only class in the AM and PM. I need to get there by 7:30 AM. I understand you get at least 3 runs in the morning and afternoon. I was just wondering if the Bremerton area Cobra guys are familiar with this track or event. Any more info would be great! Thx!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

So I checked around and a few folks from our race conference (ICSCC) have run there with Western Washington Sports Car Council in the past, looks a lot like Bremerton, here are a few links to some videos that the folks had posted.

WWSCC Event #2 2009 Oversteer

NW Region SCCA Autocross Run in a Spec Miata at Bremerton, WA April 5, 2009 - YouTube
Old 05-25-2012, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-450 HP 460
Not Ranked     

I'm gonna try it one of these days. Not sure I will do too well with the block of concrete I got under the hood. :>)

Ray
Old 05-25-2012, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr-347
Not Ranked     

I live in the area-north of the airfield about 40 minutes and my house is right on hywy 101 (I'll probably hear you roar by). I'm guess'n you have your route planned? you might even consider checking out the Ridge raceway since you'll be right next to the turn off to the Ridge.

Bob
Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Holly Krap! If the track is set up like this it will be COMPLETELY different that what I did last year! The track in B’ham is more curves than straightaway. As I watch the video of the Miata rev through the gears my pulse quickens with fear as I think that the Cobra could be doing 80 MPH on the straightaways. How in the world will I ever slow down to make the corners? Ha Ha Ha.... Who cares about the corners anyway???? Thanks for the video. This is just the info I was looking for!

Google maps says to go down I-5 and head North on 101 so I think I’ll miss you. You might hear me on the course though. Don’t take your ego autocrossing, it is going to take a beating. Your Cobra is the finest race car ever made but it is really hard to keep up with them young bucks in the little imports!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr-347
Not Ranked     

Ward- better recheck those directions-where does hywy 101 branch off or connect with I-5? in this state anyway unless it's by Olympia which is wayyyyy south.I've lived here more years than I hate to admit-maybe try (check the miles/time) I-5 south to Kingston ferry then get over to highway 3 south and go around the south end of the canal or preferred route Kingston to Hood canal bridge to 101 south-that will give you some cornering fun and lead you right to the airport front door-right next to the State patrol/dept of corrections prison turn off. that section of 101 is my 'suspension test' curves. just a suggestion-

Bob
Old 06-02-2012, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wrenched my back playing golf! Can't make the road trip as it hurts to sit for very long.... Rats!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     
Smile

Ward, you must stop playing golf, it is a stupid game.