Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question Shell valley car

HI too all saw a Shell Valley Cobra just listed today on Craigs list. The owner is asking 24k. It has a what a appears to be a somewhat built 302. I was in hopes that some of you out there with more expirience than me might know the car or possibly know something more about Shell Valley than I do. The car is in Lake Stevens. I have an e mail in to the owner. At this point I dont know the build year, but its only got a coulple of thousand miles so it must be fairly recent. I dont think this owner built the car but more should be revealed. Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Ryan W
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

2,000 miles. It could be 20 years old. Some Cobra owners don't drive them.

Dwight
Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

I like the Shell Valley cars. Shell Valley changed bodies and re-did their frames some years ago. They are a supplier of parts for several other cobra manufacturers. The current car has an adjustable four link in the rear with a 9" axle. They like several others use the Mustang II front spindles with GM metric brakes that can be upgraded. If that's a newer car built within the last seven years, and built well, it could be a pretty good deal. Figure the complete kit now without engine trans, drive shaft, wheels and tires and paint is about 20K.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     

AC Cobra

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 05-01-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 427 S/C, Full Roller 429ci Super Cobra Jet, RHP Flowed BlueT & RHP Cam, CompCarbs, AirGap, V12 E-Type Jaguar F+R, 4SBBTL
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Guessing this is the link:

AC Cobra

Not being a Shell Valley owner or expert, it seems like a good price, good looking snake with a strong drive train and very shiny wheels. Not a super correct authentic looking build, but nice still anyway. Just make sure the builder did not cut corners compromising safety or reliability. IRS and BBF are my choice, but who cares what I think.

BC

Last edited by Blue Cobra; 05-01-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default your reply

well I care what you think and I too would prefer IRS but I dont want to pay SF prices at this point since i just retired. That being said the 9 inch Ford is almost indestructable and thats good. Yes that is the link and havnt heard back from the owner yet. A lot of this will come down to how old this car actually is. We shall see. not sure how much power that 5.0 small block is generating but for that price and that drive train certainly power could easily be added. I kind of like the small block weight balance for handling and fuel economy for taking road trips. We shall see thanks for the response. Ryan W
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 Cobra
Not Ranked     

Most likely built in the early 2000s or late 90s. They don't use that dished wheel anymore and changed the radiator location about 2005. Really good deal for the money.

I think it was Bob Bondurant that said he thought the perfect cobra was the 427 body with the 289 engine.

"Everything is alive. If you get angry at a vehicle or the trans, it won't fix until you apologize and say you are sorry." "The vehicle always knows what it is doing and what the cause of it's bad feeling is. If you ask it humbly what the problem is, it will tell you. Then you and it will both be happy."

Gil Younger

Last edited by Wbulk; 05-01-2013 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Last sentence added
Old 05-01-2013, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

Looks like a nice car for a reasonable price. You'd have to see it in person to know for sure though.

Pete