Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rjw289

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3.1 / 347 Stroker 425 HP
Not Ranked     
Default Washington State Bill to Exempt Collectible Vehicles From Emissions Tests

Date sent 03/31/2014 08:03:25 am
Subject: Washington State Bill to Exempt Collectible Vehicles From Emissions Tests Signed Into Law

To view this email as a web page, please follow this link

UPDATE

Washington State Bill to Exempt Collectible Vehicles From Emissions Tests Signed Into Law

Legislation (H.B. 2359) to exempt collectible vehicles of any age from emissions testing was signed into law by Washington State Governor Jay Inslee. The new law defines collectible vehicles as a vehicle of unique or rare design, of limited production, and an object of curiosity that is maintained primarily for use in car club activities, exhibitions, parades, or other functions of public interest or for a private collection, and is used only infrequently for other purposes. The law requires that the vehicle have collectible vehicle or classic automobile insurance coverage that restricts the collectible vehicle mileage or use, or both, and requires the owner to have another vehicle for personal use.

Thank you to those that participated in supporting this bill!

Terms under which this service is provided to you: sema.org/disclaimer

SEMA's mailing address: 1575 S. Valley Vista Dr., Diamond Bar, CA 91765

Copyright 2009. Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)
Old 03-31-2014, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 289 FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Washington State Bill To Exempt Collector Cars

Sounds like good news and it is not limited to vehicles 25 years or older. I wonder how you will go about proving that a vehicle less than 25 years falls under one of the categories? What will the state consider "a rare vehicle"?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Markll non doner build,Ford Racing 392,tremec TKO,8.8w/3;73s,Baer brakes,Black w/silver stripes,w/carbon fiber,gauges,spats,hood soop,door panel inserts.
Not Ranked     

Does that mean my 2013 Boss 302 qualifies?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Does that mean my 2013 Boss 302 qualifies?
Probably. Arizona has a similarly worded law and some people register their Ford GTs without emissions. It's nice after the first test (I think an initial inspection is still required) since then you can go with cat-delete and headers, etc.

I can't wait for someone to try to register a newer vehicle and report!
Old 04-05-2014, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Markll non doner build,Ford Racing 392,tremec TKO,8.8w/3;73s,Baer brakes,Black w/silver stripes,w/carbon fiber,gauges,spats,hood soop,door panel inserts.
Not Ranked     

Sweet!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default As usual

Now that I have gone through all the emission tests and waivers, they change the law. I brought my car into this state in 99. Went through all the hurdles and repairs and now they change. My car is now 30 years old. Still has the same tires it had when I bought it. It was used most frequently to go to the allergist for my shot. I really liked the trip home on 705 in the concrete walled over passes. I'd check the left lane stab the throttle and I'd be passed the traffic before the could say "what was that?" Not so much anymore.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 Street, Shelby 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Probably. Arizona has a similarly worded law and some people register their Ford GTs without emissions. It's nice after the first test (I think an initial inspection is still required) since then you can go with cat-delete and headers, etc.

I can't wait for someone to try to register a newer vehicle and report!
Got my brand new Kirkham Cobra inspected by Wash State Police about 3 weeks ago in Shelton, WA. Had full records of build cost. Received form to take to Dept. Of Licensing on Bainbridge Island. Next day went to DOL, requested car be titled as 1965 Kirkham Cobra on a lifetime "collector" plate. Done!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 408 Windsor stroker, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Congrats TnTaylor on dealing with the State Patrol. I am nearing completion on my kit and hope to start the process this spring. Mind if I ask few questions on the process?
Did you go to the state patrol first, then to DOL for title/registration?
Also, what all did the state patrol expect for receipts? I bought my kit as an incomplete kit from an individual and have a notarized receipt and MSO for the kit. Do they expect receipts for all the other parts as well? Did the compare numbers on the engine/tranny/axle to receipts?
Thanks
Chuck
Stanwood,WA
Old 02-01-2015, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic 289 FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Washington State Bill To Exempt Collector Vehicles

I had very good luck with the Bellevue State Patrol and was advised in advance to go there. State Patrol officer was very nice, checked for the VIN plate, then said I should be just fine after he takes it for a 20 minute spin. I looked at him with a shocked look, and he said "just kidding".
geeper and cycleguy55 like this.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 Street, Shelby 468 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeper View Post
Congrats TnTaylor on dealing with the State Patrol. I am nearing completion on my kit and hope to start the process this spring. Mind if I ask few questions on the process?
Did you go to the state patrol first, then to DOL for title/registration?
Also, what all did the state patrol expect for receipts? I bought my kit as an incomplete kit from an individual and have a notarized receipt and MSO for the kit. Do they expect receipts for all the other parts as well? Did the compare numbers on the engine/tranny/axle to receipts?
Thanks
Chuck
Stanwood,WA
Chuck - the first step was to DOL to get a 3 day temp permit, which allows you to pick 3 consecutive days. I don't recall them wanting to see any records on the car for that. While I was there, I picked up an info sheet with WA
State Police numbers and info on the custom car program. Then I called WSP and set up an inspection date. Basically, they wanted to see a detailed list of what went into the car, in my case, the sheets from Kirkham that listed all the specs for the roller, the bill of sale from Shelby Engine Co, bills for shipping, and Manufacturers Statement of Origin. They only compared VIN on MSO to VIN plate on the car. When done, they gave me the completed form (to sign if I remember correctly) and take back to DOL. Make sure to tell them if you want one of the special plates done in the color/style that was used in the year of your car.

Good luck