Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   Run To The Sun 2016 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/135768-run-sun-2016-a.html)

Dale McBain 02-02-2016 04:05 PM

Run To The Sun 2016

Yes there will be a “Run To The Sun 2016”! We have a block of rooms on hold for the group, so make your reservations NOW! The dates are June 24th departing on June 26th. Gloria and I will be staying an extra day and departing on the 27th, you are welcome to join us.

Breakfast will be on Friday the 24th at 10:00 AM in the Silvana, WA area. Details to follow later. We will depart from Silvana and head over Highway 20 to Winthrop and Sun Mountain Lodge (SML). This is always a fun drive. We usually make a couple of stops at view points and comfort. Friday Evening we will meet in the Wolf Creek Bar & Grill for few adult beverages (if you are so inclined), swap lies and have dinner.

Saturday, after breakfast, we will make a run to a winery. In years past we have gone to the Chelan, Winery which also has great food for lunch. We have also taken picnic lunches to a winery near Omak which even had live music. The destination will be 60 to 90 minutes from the SML. We try and get back early enough so people can hit the pool or take nap. In the evening we will meet for dinner at the hotel restaurant (5 Star) in a private dining room called the Wine Cellar for dinner. By the way it is the hotel wine cellar.

I will be polling those attending to see if there is interest in a commemorative shirt for this year’s run. We have not done a shirt for a couple of years and I think it is about time to do one again. Based on past experience, cost will be between $30 and $40 each.

When you make your reservations be sure and say you are with the “NW Cobra Club”. Looking forward to seeing all of you at the “Run To The Sun 2016”!

To check out SML go to Washington State's best destination resort | Sun Mountain Lodge, Resort and Cabins

Dale & Gloria
SPF469

PS-For Ward :) - Gloria & I will be shipping one car north and hauling another in our car trailer, so no excuses this year.

Stephen Crosten 02-03-2016 11:27 AM

Run To The Sun

Dale:

Judy and I have made our reservations, and very much look forward to seeing everyone again!

Stephen

Bernica 02-03-2016 01:52 PM

Wow! What a great cruise!! I'm jealous as heck....
I grew up in the PNW and know the route you are doing. Some great roads. I used to hunt a lot up in the Winthrop area. Enjoy the trip, it should be awesome!!:cool:

And don't forget pics....;)

Dale McBain 02-04-2016 03:42 PM

Rtts 2016

Steve, glad to hear you have made your reservations. Looking forward to seeing you and Judy.

To Benicia,

Hey, make your reservations and load the car and come join us! You won't regret it.:D

By for now,
Dale
SPF469

vRAE 02-09-2016 03:04 PM

This sounds like a lot of fun! We will probably join you at the resort as we'll be heading down from the north.

We booked today. Thanks for organizing this!

Andrew & Laurel

Dale McBain 02-11-2016 05:03 AM

Rtts 2016

Andrew & Laurel,

If you are coming down from the north, we can meet you in Sedro Woolley, so you can make the run over Hwy 20 with us to Winthrop.

Dale
SPF 469

vRAE 02-12-2016 12:50 PM

Hi Dale,

That would be a great drive, but we're coming down from Kelowna which is straight north of Omak so we'll be approaching the resort from the east. I would love to do that drive one day.

Thanks!

Andrew

Dale McBain 02-12-2016 04:55 PM

Rtts 2016

Hey Andrew,

Glad you're coming! You know, you could take the scenic route and drive to Vancouver then down I-5 to Sedro Woolley. Not practical, but it might be fun. Don't pay any attention to me some people think I have a screw loose. See you in June!
:JEKYLHYDE:D

Bye
Dale

Bernica 02-12-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vRAE (Post 1380607)
Hi Dale,

That would be a great drive, but we're coming down from Kelowna which is straight north of Omak so we'll be approaching the resort from the east. I would love to do that drive one day.

Thanks!

Andrew

Damn! This sounds like a great trip! vRAE, my sister has about 100 acres in Griffin, WA (just south of you) raising race horses and Nephew owns Sunrise Chevrolet in Omak area. I miss them parts!;)

Dale McBain 02-14-2016 09:01 AM

Rtts 2016

Andrew,

Which ever way you come be sure and keep the shiny side up!!

Dale
SPF469

dblbarrel 02-22-2016 12:47 PM

Reservations made, looking forward to seeing every one.

Dale McBain 02-22-2016 12:53 PM

RttS 2016

Tim,

Glad to here it. We missed you and Susan Last year.

Gloria and I are surviving in 70 Degree weather.

Bye for now,
Dale

WardL 03-09-2016 08:37 PM

It is sad, I move to SoCal to drive my Cobra more and I end up playing golf instead! Probably not this year, but I'll have to form a party, come up the coast and end up in Winthrop. Not sure the Cave Room will be big enough for everyone if many Californians come along! I miss the great runs up that way! Have fun!

Dale McBain 03-10-2016 07:59 AM

Rtts 2016

Hey Ward,

Sorry to here you are not coming. Gloria and I are taking the Cobra North next week to leave it in Puget Sound area. Then take care of some business then will return to LHC. We'll be back up in the Puget Sound area toward the end of May.

Bye for now,
Dale

ReMorton 03-15-2016 10:04 PM

Dale: Mary and I are in. Booking tomorrow. Looking forward to the run. I'd vote for shirt of golf style.
Bob

Dale McBain 03-16-2016 08:58 AM

Rtts 2016

Glad to hear you are going to make the run. Check the website for up coming details.

Bye for Now,
Dale
SPF469

ReMorton 03-16-2016 04:01 PM

Rooms booked today for RTS 2016 !!
Bob

howardsoflang 03-21-2016 09:13 AM

Run to the Sun 2016

Kim and Dave coming from up North. Room booked. We'll join Andrew and Laurel for the run down from BC.

Dale McBain 05-18-2016 08:06 AM

Rtts 2016

I need to place an order for shirts, so I need to know who wants shirts and what size. not sure what color but it will blue, green or red, with some sort of graphic on the left chest referencing the run and Cobras.

Need response by Monday of next week!

Dale

rmiller64 05-18-2016 08:33 AM

Hi folks

I'm planning to bring my newly finished cobra on the trip this year. Will watch for the breakfast meeting place to join up or follow Tim and Susan down from Ferndale. I'll be staying at my place in Winthrop at the bottom of the hill going up to SML

Dale please include me in the Shirt order XL size

Look forward to the trip this year!