Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2002, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five Racing, 408w, IRS, TKO600
Not Ranked     
Default Engine building class/workshop around here?

I know it's gonna be a while before I'm able to get my kit but I thought it would be quite fun to take engine building classes in the time between now and then. Just gotta find one in South King County. I figure I could take a bunch of different autoshop type classes to brush up on some stuff. Anyway, there are a ton of race teams and hi-performance shops here in Auburn, anyone know of a workshop in the area that teaches engine rebuilding etc? I thought of Green River Comm. College but I'd rather take a targeted class rather than a more general autoshop class..unless they have one that I missed.

dagman
Old 03-04-2002, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ / FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up No a class but plenty of knowledge...

Stop by Blood Enterprises in Auburn... Craig knows his stuff. He's done a number of dyno days for the WA Shelby Club. Maybe he'd be willing to do a Saturday engine building primer for the NWCC...
Old 03-04-2002, 04:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     

Blood Ent.

Neal, you're right, Craig does know his stuff. Gonna take the care in there on the 15th and have him weave his magic on the Holley. Got a stumble at the git go I want him to square up. Yeah, I know, it's the Bow Tie not the Holley but maybe I'll get lucky!

Bish
Old 03-05-2002, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I was wondering about that

I was thinking of approaching one of the performance shops in Auburn but was afraid I'd be met with less than friendly responses...

I'm not sure I'd like someone coming up off the street asking if I could teach them how to do part of my job. I suppose someone like Blood Ent. who is already affiliated with other clubs and has worked with NWCC members might have a different view of it though. I still feel a bit strange asking a stranger if he'd like to teach me how to do part of his job so I won't have to pay him to do it for me...am I just being stupid? I suppose he'd make pretty good money off the class if enough people were intereseted though...hmmm

dagman

Last edited by dagman; 03-05-2002 at 06:52 AM..
Old 03-06-2002, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would be interested as well as a friend on mine. My friend researched this very same topic some time ago. We were looking at perhaps going to a technical college.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Rauch
I would be interested as well as a friend on mine. My friend researched this very same topic some time ago. We were looking at perhaps going to a technical college.
Good to know, I may try and get in touch with these guys sometime soon. I was looking at technical college continuing education classes also but they were all major commitment 1 to 2 year courses that cost several thousand to attend. I was hoping to find a one quarter class or workshop on the topic. Let me know if you find something and I'll let you know what I find with the inquiry into Blood Enterprises.

dagman
Old 03-06-2002, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would be interested also.

fg
Old 03-06-2002, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Engine type preferred?

I'm thinking if we were to have a choice in the matter it would be cool to learn on a specific block such as a 87-93 fuel injected 302 or the big boy 427. I would just be happy with a Ford 8 cylinder...but if you had your choice, which would you prefer?

dagman
Old 03-07-2002, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 6322
Not Ranked     

I vote 302 fuel injected. Topics could also cover stoking. Hell, I'll donate an engine for the class (as long as I get it back, running) that could be stroked to 342 and freshend up with any other go fast parts.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default For those who expressed interest...

I haven't forgotten about this idea. I've just been a bit busy lately. I was actually rebuilding my lawn mower engine...thought I'd start small An East coast small engine repair man talked me through it on a discussion board. The internet is so damn cool.

Anyway, I intend to follow up on this sometime in the next couple weeks.

Darren
Old 03-12-2002, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I too would be interested if anything can be arranged.
FFR #1653K