Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   2003 NWCC Run (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/19922-2003-nwcc-run.html)

Fred Hamilton 09-01-2002 12:12 PM

2003 NWCC Run

This is just a tad early but I want everyone to start thinking about next years NWCC run.

This the plan so far and please remember nothing is set in concrete. All ideas will be looked at.

Day 1 final destination, Princeton BC. 276 miles from Fife Wa.

Day 2 final destination, Nelson BC. 233 miles.

Day 3 final destination, Whitefish Montana. 261 miles.

Day 4 Day drive via Glacier National Park with a SURPRISE returning back to Whitefish. 189 miles.

Day 5 Day drive Whitefish-Libby-Whitefish 254 miles.

Day 6 final destination Spokane Wa 242 miles.

Day 7 final destination Home 318 miles to North Bend.

All mileage was gotten from MS Street & Trips 2000

Tentive dates Sept 3rd to Sept 9th

Before I do any more planning I will wait for some feed back. Time has been set aside for shopping and on Day 5 additional transportion is being arranged for Wives or Guys who would rather shop than drive the Libby run.

Will be in contact with Canadian Cobras that may want to join us and come up with a good meeting place.

Like I said this is early but not to early for some feedback. I will need all the extra time to out do Bish.

Fred
SPF 158

Keith Vincent 09-01-2002 08:22 PM

nuthin' but a trouble make

I think the trip is great. The date cannot be set by vote. However I will be out of town until the 10th next year (Aug17 to Sept 10th). Harley-Davidson's 100th Birthday party.
So...... I guess I wish the date was different
Keith

Fred Hamilton 09-01-2002 09:54 PM

Keith

Like I said nothing is in stone right now, and what I'm looking for is feed back. It can be in July or August, I'm leaving June out as the Park may not even be open at that time depending on the SNOW LEVEL.
So far we have.

2 No
1 don't care

The way I see it we have at least 5 months to come up with a firm date to get reservations made.

Brent Mills 09-01-2002 10:07 PM

Hey, that sounds great! Maybe I'll have a damn engine that runs properly then.

HighPlainsDrifter 09-02-2002 08:40 AM

Sounds good. Weather may be dicy in the mountains no matter when the trip is. I have been snowed on through there on the August 1st weekend,september should be better weather. If your already in Nelson /Cranbrook,how about going up to Fairmont hot springs,bring your bathing suit, and Banff for a day? Just a thought,I known we can't do too much on a short trip.
Perry.:cool:

Bish Wheeler 09-03-2002 01:40 PM

Great Fred,

But, September is out for me. Mid August would be the best. The route sounds like something I really want to do/see. Will stay tuned. Welcome the the "Wide World of Trip Planning".:D

Bish

Blue Cobra 09-04-2002 09:58 AM

Sept 3rd is pushing a bit since the kids should head back to school on the 2nd or 3rd. The 4th or 5th would be a bit better, I suspect that the week of September 7th would be the best for us with kiddies.

The Week of August 24th will work for us but we will be bumping into Labor Day. The week of August 17th is out for me unless I quit my job.

Kevin and Di.

Fred Hamilton 09-04-2002 04:08 PM

Since the the September date is not going over well. Lets try mid July say from the 16th to the 22nd.

5 Its a goer

1 Maybe

0 Not good

Keith Vincent 09-04-2002 04:19 PM

I love it

Bish Wheeler 09-04-2002 04:23 PM

Perfect

Blue Cobra 09-05-2002 08:10 AM

Mid-July Ride

It will work for us just great!

Kev and Di

Zderf 09-05-2002 02:51 PM

Too Early to Tell

We have not yet pooled the holiday schedule for next summer... lotsa irons in the fire right now. As such, I can't say if the July date is good or not...

for sure September would have been better for me.

Will sign on as a tentative now until more details emerge.

Zderf
:(

NealM 09-06-2002 06:59 AM

Hmmm....

I think we are in... Not batting cleanup this time!
Keith, do you think Craig would mind having Enzo ride with him, no room in the 40!? :p

Fred Hamilton 01-01-2003 04:06 PM

Time to bring this back up. The dates will be .. Leave on the 16th and return on the 22nd. Now is the time to find out if you will be going. Next month I will set up the reservations and get phone #s
out. I will try and get a block of 20 and go from there. Still at square 1 on the engine so we may be driving the chase car. Found a hell of a deal on a new rebuilt got all the goodies dual quad "Y" Block. What do you think Bish should I go for it.

Bish Wheeler 01-02-2003 09:15 AM

2003 RUN

You can count me in Fred. I got the new seats in, so a long trip should be less painful! My tailbone is still bruised from the GICR.

As to the new engine: Heck, if you have Brenda convinced and have worked out the cooling system, ya better go for it. And you better hurry because those things always come with a year's supply of bugs that have to be worked out.

Let me know if I can help with the run.

Bish

jayem 01-02-2003 11:16 AM

July 15 to 22 works for Dolly & I. Jay

Blue Cobra 01-02-2003 11:52 AM

Still looks good for Di and I July 15-22nd just need to confirm a sitter for 8 days....it may cost more for the sitter than the trip.

Keith Vincent 01-04-2003 05:04 PM

Patti and I will be there as well as Craig.

Kevin I figured that if you brought the kids you could save money and the kids could watch Enzo (the dog). Neal wanted the dog to ride with Craig, but he is lobbying hard to get a taller friend to go with him, (and she won't shed so much).
These col and wet days are just starting to get to me. We need to sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!
We also need a lunch at Red Hook. Which one of you N. Seattle guys is going to organize this?
The only Gig Harbor, Club Cobra guy is Walter and he's going to drive me crazy!
Keith

Besides that I've owed Jay a beer since last August and the vig is killing me.

steve 01-05-2003 07:34 AM

July 15-22nd looks good for Penny and I .

Steve T

Blue Cobra 01-05-2003 09:12 AM

Bark Bark

Keith,

I've always wanted a car with a Rumble-seat so now is my opportunity to convert my Cobra trunk into one. What a view, but with all three children crammed into my trunk-rumble-seat I'm not sure where Enzo will ride. I've got it! How about a front bumper doggie basket. We can put all five of us in the seats, and the big hairy doggie out front, kind of like the old sailing ship's figure-head sticking out there leading the way. We'll need to get some of those WW-II pilots goggles for Enzo so he does not get bugs in his eyes! Keith, now I don't need to fix my horn, I'll just have Enzo bark everytime we pull up behind you two! That's the goods. Thanks for the great ideas. :3DSMILE:

See you at the RedHook once one of us Eastern Puget Sounders can get it set up. I'm not the organizing type, I already do this for my family and that's enough for me.

Hope everyone had great holidays and wishing all a Happy New Year.

Kevin:LOL: