Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   NW Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/)
-   -   NWCC does Whistler (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/nw-cobra-club/40434-nwcc-does-whistler.html)

Bish Wheeler 04-10-2003 10:50 AM

NWCC does Whistler

This past weekend and Monday, Whistler mountain was privilaged to have us crashing around on the slopes. Rich and I and some friends and kids had a great time. Sunshine one day and 10 inches of powder the next. Ya need to see Rich in his red ski suit bombing down the hill.......hell of good skier, or was until he tried to kill himself on the "Moguls of Death". :( Keep the ice packs coming Rich.

We talked about a Cobra run to the Whistler area this summer. It is about a 3.5 hour trip from here, 4.5 from Seattle. Very pretty drive up and the destination has lots of attractions. Anybody else think it might be a good idea? I would be happy to get more info about lodging etc. if there is interest.

Bish

Jake 04-10-2003 11:25 AM

Sounds like a great drive to me. I would be interested in going depending on the dates. I am excited to meet some of the N.W.C.C. members this summer. Keep me updated

Jake

Rich 04-10-2003 12:58 PM

The back is feeling much better. Nothing a trip to the doctor and some good drugs couldn't take care of...man, that really hurt though.

A trip to Whistler in the Cobra would be great. Count me (us) in...

Rich

Walt Tomsic 04-10-2003 01:03 PM

Great idea! I love these "two day/stay one night" trips. Tons of stuff to do up there in the summer. One question, how's the whole border situation these days...delays...documents required...etc? Haven't been up there since 9/11.

Waldo

Bish Wheeler 04-10-2003 01:17 PM

Waldo,

the border was no sweat coming back, but going is another story. You really need to have a passport or a birth cirtificate, otherwise, no problem.

If we went up on a Saturday morning and came back the next day it would be so easy. I have made the run, for skiing, both ways in the same day. It's almost exactly 150 miles from Mount Vernon, makes it 210 +/- from Seattle.

I'll look into some dates. The idea comes to mind that we might do the Skagit BBQ/cruise (Aug 2/3) up there instead of here. Just musing , but that might work.

Condo's are around $300/$400 CAD per night and will accomadate 3 couples easily. Works out to $50 to $75 US per couple per night. Lodging, where we can all stay at the same place, would need to be booked fairly soon I would think.

More comments please.

Bish

Brent Mills 04-10-2003 03:15 PM

I'm game for Whistler! Sherrie and I visited last Summer, and it was a fantastic place and seemed like it would be a good ride!

Bish Wheeler 04-10-2003 06:11 PM

So Brent,

Is you "on the road" yet.:)

Bish

Bish Wheeler 04-10-2003 06:24 PM

If we are going to make a change for the August 2/3 date, we need a consensus.

All of you that had planned on the Skagit Cruise for Sunday Aug. 3rd need to speak up about going to Whistler on Sat and Sun the 2nd and 3rd since that will mean an over nighter. There is not a problem getting lodging up there at most any time, but if we all want to be in the same place, we will need to book pretty soon.

I will still be happy to do the BBQ up there (although ya may have to settle for somewhat less). Whistler is really a special place so this could be more fun.

Bish:cool:

HighPlainsDrifter 04-10-2003 07:16 PM

Hey Bish, Whistler would be great depending on the weekend chosen. Monday August 4th is a holiday here, so it could be busy or booked up quickly.
Perry.:cool:

Bish Wheeler 04-10-2003 07:20 PM

Yo Perry, how ya doin',

That's why I need folks to give opinions on the run. That week end "works" for me and if we book soon enough....no prob.

Bish

Rodney 04-10-2003 11:16 PM

Sounds great!

Had such a great time last summer in Washington with you guy's and gal's from the NWCC and the BCCC!
It would be great to have you folks come to Whistler this summer!
Man with Whitefish Montana and now Whistler, this is going to be a heck of a summer! Count me in for Whistler! Rod. :D

Brent Mills 04-11-2003 12:49 AM

Bish, not yet, but I think I will be. I so hope so anyway!!!!

Jake 04-11-2003 11:16 AM

Bish, the 2nd and 3rd works for me. Don't most of the condos have underground parking?
Jake

Zderf 04-12-2003 10:23 AM

Sew Far Sew Good

I (we) are a potential go.... no conflicts known at this time. There is alot of underground parking around Whistler Village. Once you park, its foot traffic to most anywhere.

Zderf
**)

Bish Wheeler 04-13-2003 01:11 PM

The parking sort of depends on what condos you end up in. Most do have underground facilities. If we end up in Creekside the condos are a little different than in the village as you are pretty much up on the "hill". Will make a call on monday and see what is available. Since we only want to be there for one night, we may have a problem, but will find out. There are always motels, but would be better if we can do a condo.

Need to hear from Bob Parmeter, Neil, Stephen, Fred, Dennis, Steve, The Moneymakers, etc as to the date. I don't want to abandon the Skagit Cruise unless most want to and so far about half of the guys have answered affirmatively.

Bish:confused:

Keith Vincent 04-14-2003 07:38 AM

Bish I trust you without question.
Anything you want to do is Ok with us.
We would follow you to hell and back....
of course some of the routes you choose seem that's where we'll end up.
At least the closed winnery tour was on a nice road and SUNNY weather:D
Whistler would be great for us. The timming only matters if the weekend is changed. We leave on the 16th for Milwaukee on the Harleys.

Bish Wheeler 04-14-2003 08:32 AM

Keith,

Do you mean Aug. 2/3 is OK? Will try to avoid the side trip to Hades on this one.

Bish

Blue Cobra 04-14-2003 10:03 AM

Skagit Cruise Cancelled?

Bish,

Would the Whistler ride replace the Skagit ride this year, or would you plan on rescheduling the latter?

Kevin

Bish Wheeler 04-14-2003 12:43 PM

Hi Kevin,

It's just that those dates are the Skagit dates so I know they will work. We can do the skagit later if everyone wants. Just think the Whistler run would be a real fun trip.

Bish:)

Fred Hamilton 04-14-2003 08:33 PM

Bish

You can add Brenda and I to the list. I will get the final tune on the engine this Sat, so I hope to be out on the road in a week or so. I'm sure it will take a week just to get it clean again. Got to get a bunch of miles before the Glacier trip. Are there any RR crossing on the way that I will have to look out for.