Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > NW Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Loss of a good friend

It is with much sadness that I must report that we lost a fellow NWCC member tonight. Steve Bisson passed on leaving his wife Eileen and family. Steve was retired from the Sheriff's Department as a Sergeant and also served in the Airforce. I consider myself blessed by serving under his leadership and being a friend. I always enjoyed his many stories and good sense of humor. One thing is for sure and that is Steve was a Cobra guy inside and out. He loved to log the miles and take in a beer along the way. I will post when I hear anything on services. I know Steve would like to have some Cobras there.

Jake
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2089
Not Ranked     

Jake, so sorry to hear this news.

Tim
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Words don't come easy at times like this. The loss of a true friend and a man that many of us loved. Steve was the best kind of a friend. He was a pleasure to be around. He loved taking rides, he loved stopping by just to say hello. He loved his wife, his family, and his friends. He loved his Cobra, Airplanes, Photography and shooting. I like my Cobra but I love my Cobra friends and the fellowship we share.

Steve, Thank you for all the fun rides and times we shared. A more respected man I have not met. Till we meet again, and we will, your memory and friendship will be with us all.

Your Friend,
Jim

Last edited by race-it; 08-06-2009 at 07:04 AM..
Old 08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Markll non doner build,Ford Racing 392,tremec TKO,8.8w/3;73s,Baer brakes,Black w/silver stripes,w/carbon fiber,gauges,spats,hood soop,door panel inserts.
Not Ranked     

Jake. I am so sorry to here about Steve. Pandora and I really enjoyed his sense of humor and his company. I am shocked and saddened.Mike
Old 08-05-2009, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast-450 HP 460
Not Ranked     

Those of us that had the pleasure of knowing Steve and spending time with him knew him as a true gentelman and special friend. I will always remember the times we spent chatting over a cold beer. My heart goes out to his wife Eileen and the rest of his family for their loss. The streets are paved with gold up there and I'm sure the big guy won't mind Steve turning a tire on them once in awhile.
Untill we see you again my friend........

Ray
Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 713 427 stroker 468ci
Not Ranked     

We are very sorry to here about steve,we just met him a few weeks back on the hwy 410 run.are thoughts and prayers are with his family. Jim & Sue
Old 08-05-2009, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #SP01133, Blue with white stripes, 351W
Not Ranked     

Debbie and I are sad to hear about Steve. I had the good fortune to get to work with him for several years. At work Steve was a mentor to me and many others. Once he retired it was fun to see his enthusiasm and love for his new career as an eager driver and historian for the Terilingua racing team. Our thoughts and prayers are with Eileen and their family. Steve will be missed.
Scott
Old 08-06-2009, 12:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     

Jake and others,

Jim call me about 9pm and I was on my way back from Eastern Wa. I am still in shock and without words, I was just getting ready to call steve about our run on Sunday afternoon after the Port Orchard car show. I remember the great run we took up to Sequim with Steve and his son. My heart goes out to his wife and family, a very sad day for all of us who new Steve and love him.

Andy
Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII, 347 stroker EFI, 3 link solid axle rear, front upper/lower adjustable A arms, coil over shocks
Not Ranked     

A special person has left us but is now smiling down on us. I first met Steve 11 years ago when he was my first supervisor. I will never forget his unmistakable cynicism which coated his exterior. I don’t think he ever realized his gooey, caring insides could be seen through his transparent shell. This thought always came to my mind: “Big guy in a little body.”
We'll miss you, Steve.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

I, like Andy cannot really find the words to say, but I will try.

Karen and I first met Steve and Eileen last year on the 2008 Run to the Sun trip. I met up with Steve on a couple more runs this year, and spent last weekend with them on the 2009 Run to the Sun trip.

While I had only known Steve for a year, he was one of those people that you felt like you had known all of your life. He will truely be missed.

RIP Steve.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Eileen and the rest of Steve's family and friends.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 6322
Not Ranked     

I'm very sad to read this. I met Steve at Doug's garage meet a few weeks ago. We talked for quite a while (I helped build his car with Wayne). He wasn't feeling the best then. My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Steve
'89 Saleen #0366 - My donor for FFR 6322.

If things seem really under control, you're not going fast enough. -Mario Andretti
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII #3133 3:27 Pin Width IRS, Carb'd Explorer 302 w/GT40P Heads, 3550 Mid Shift, Power Brake Mod, 15" Torque Thrust D's
Not Ranked     

Truly sad to hear. I just met Steve this past May at a little gathering at my place. Real easy guy to like.

Best wishes and prayers for his family.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR4710, carbed 302, T-5, 8.8 rear
Not Ranked     

I am very sad to hear this. I remember how excited Steve was when he purchased the Cobra from me and I knew it was going to a good man who would truly love it. I took his wife Eileen for a test ride in it also because he wanted to make sure whe was happy with the car too. He was a good man, this is very sad. I'm glad he got to enjoy a few years of being an FFR owner with the friends he made here.

Wayne
Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, MKIII, Carbed 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     

Oh wow, this is sad to hear. I remember speaking with him at Doug's only a few months ago. My thoughts go to his family...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIII.05 #6385 - 306 C.I. EFI
Not Ranked     

I too met him up at Doug's back in May. I was really looking forward to hanging out with him and getting to know him better... You could tell there were some great stories lurking inside him, waiting for a good excuse to be told.

RIP

--Joe
Go-Cart: 9/6/2008
Build| Write | Photos | Spend | Repeat?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

I didn't know Steve, but if I can share my perspective, he is just in a new place. you will see him again.

We are not Human Beings on a Spiritual Journey, . . . We are Spiritual Beings on a Human Journey.

________
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

We are sorry to hear of this loss.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Very Sad news, always enjoyed talking and joking with Steve. Please keep us informed with any information you get Jake. Rain or shine I know my Cobra will be there.

Fred
Old 08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Nice Guy !

Hi,
We went on a couple of cobra runs with Steve, very nice guy. Life throws curves at us that's why we get out and enjoy our hobby, Steve enjoyed the cobra very much.
Our thoughts go out to Eileen and family from the cobra family of friends.
Perry and Bev.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, Carb 302
Not Ranked     

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts for Steve and his family. We are devestated by the loss of such a sweet guy in the tough exterior. His grin could light up a room. Eileen is doing okay but it is difficult to deal with such a shock.

We all loved him - it helps to see that he was loved by others as well.

The Bisson and Morrison Family