24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-17-2021, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hello

Hey guys,

My name is Dave. Just found this board today. I'm currently in the market for a FF cobra replica. I'm 6'2" and 240lbs. My biggest concern is fitment. I have not been in a cobra since i was a little kid. Weird question admittedly, but is there any meeting or shindig coming up (tulsa, OKC, Edmond and surrounding areas) where I could just sit in one? Thanks in advance!

Dave
Old 05-17-2021, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison
Not Ranked     

Older cars, and more "original" cars are a much tighter fit than many of the cars being manufactured today; longer frames, more leg room, more foot well room, lower seating. I'm in Ohio or you'd be welcome to sit in my Everett Morrison. Lot's of room.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Tim. I was only 8 when I sat in my Grandpa's real one. I've grown up and out since then.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

You probably didn't have any problems fitting in a cobra when you were eight.

You are on the right track with your question. I've said many times that you don't get in a cobra you wear it.

Go to car shows and ask to sit. Most owners will be accommodating. Most will talk your ears off too. Try on both sides.

I strongly encourage everyone to try on the cars. For the volume rollers like shelby csx they are similar enough that if you do one you get credit for all of them. Superformance has gone through several generations and do vary. Others are all over the place and you should treat each as a one if one. The item that you need to pay most attention to is the steering wheel when the seat is correct for you. The wheel position can be on your lap esp with some of the superformance cars.

Sets can be adjusted some by a good upholstery shop.

In true kit cases, ie home assembled, try it on first. Nothing worse than to have a van to show up and find the car doesn't fit. In fact that really applies to any car you decide to buy. That might mean an airplane ticket. You want to inspect it anyway.

Good luck

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 05-17-2021 at 01:33 PM..
Old 05-17-2021, 01:28 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

If you can get over to the London Cobra Show in Ohio in late June, you will have access to just about every brand of cobra replica. Ask nicely, and most guys will let you try theirs on for size. And, several manufacturers and builders will be there, including FFR. I would expect that there will be somewhere between 150 and 250 cars there.
www.londoncobrashow.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: