• 1 Post By computerworks

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default $200 REWARD for decal

Still can't get my hands on a Micro-Lube decal from the early 1960's. (yellow) Can anyone help? Eric ekendall@tsr-racecars.com (will pay $200)
Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I remember reading somewhere about a way to print them out on a printer. You could buy the sheet of static sticker, print it out, cut out the outline, and slap it on. Maybe look into that if you have a good quality picture of the decal you want. Let us all know if you find a way to do it, or even if you find a vendor for it.

James
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Eric..
...which one are you looking for?

Paul (PDHse) and I have been searching for the 1964-version...there were several iterations in the early 60's of the MicroLube logo.

I sent you an e-mail with a pic of the last one I found....
Ralphy likes this.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

If someone can send me a good, clear picture of one and the correct dimensions, I can recreate it in a hi res format that can be printed out on adhesive backed vinyl, static cling material or just about anything you choose.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 11-29-2006, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
If someone can send me a good, clear picture of one and the correct dimensions, I can recreate it in a hi res format that can be printed out on adhesive backed vinyl, static cling material or just about anything you choose.
Ah Ha... I knew it could be done, but wasn't sure who could do it. Do you have a pricing for doing something like this? You are now officially added to my forever bookmarks and based on pricing, will get a few orders from me.

James
Old 11-29-2006, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison 460
Not Ranked     

Buzz,

I would also be interested in a static cling Terlingua Racing Team logo. Pricing?

Thanks
Greg
Old 11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I had actually planned to recreate it graphically and send you the electronic file that you could take to your local sign shop to be printed out on the medium of choice. I could print it down here and mail it up, but it seems to me it would be easier the other way. Once I get a decent picture of any decal, I can recreate it in a hi res format. For older, out of print or custom sticker designs, I see no issues but I would be wary of recreating and selling current logos belonging to existing businesses. I hadn't thought of charging for the Micro-Lube decal - I'll do it just to help out if some of you want one. For others or any kind of custom/personalized graphic designs, email me and I will work out something very reasonable for CC members.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 11-30-2006, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR#2777, 302EFI. Vortech SC
Not Ranked     

I have a Gerber Edge decal printer that can print onto any color self adhesive vinyl at 600DPI up to 11 1/2" tall,any lenght... it will die cut to shape as well. I do not like to run static cling thru it as it gums up the print head but could mount the decal onto cling material if needed. All I need is a good hi res jpeg or vector file. To price them let me know the size, number of colors, how many, etc. I do the "Snake" decals on Larry's "Serpent Express" trailers with this method. I can reproduce any or all of the old out of print decals but not any of the currently used ones due to copy-write infringements, I don't want to be getting any nasty letters from ol Shels/or anyone elses attorneys. Just let me know.

Best regards-Larry Email: larry@corpsigns.com

Last edited by snakebit99; 11-30-2006 at 08:51 AM..
Old 04-29-2014, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Did any one find this decal in a version it could be reprinted??????