Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKII, 302 with 374 hp
Not Ranked     
Default Events In Central Florida

Wanted to let everyone know about a couple of things going on in our area.

First is Habitat for Humanity of Brevard County is having their Annual Strawberry Festival Open Car Show. This weekend at the Wickham Park Main Pavillion in Melbourne. Registration open from 8a.m. until Noon. Pre-registration $15 by Feb. 25, $20 day of show. Goody bags and dash plaques to first 150 registered. Door prizes, raffle, music, food, kids corner, arts & crafts and more. Top 40 and specialty awards. Automotive related vendor spaces available for $35 by pre reservation only. For more info. call 321-255-6473 or e-mail strawfest@bellsouth.net

Next weekend is the Houston Astro's are hosting a car show before their game. For more information go to www.spacecoastcobras.com and browse to the calendar.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     

I went to the Strawberry Festival Show last year with my '65 Mustang convertible. It was a good show with a nice variety of cars. There was an ERA FIA, a Unique FIA, and one 427, that I think was probably a SPF. There were a number of hot-rods, muscle cars, antiques, customs, and classics.

This year I'll be there with my ERA FIA.

The following weekend (Sat., Mar. 12th) is the Canal Street Cruise-In in New Smyrna Beach (about an hour NE of Orlando). Last month saw probably 300 plus cars there, including my ERA, a BDR, and an unpainted Kirkham.

http://www.tim13.com/Carshows/011Can...t002/index.htm

regards,

Jeff
Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Anyone want to join a group of about 10 - 12 cobras on March 26th. A day trip from Coconut Grove, Florida down through Key Largo to Islamorada for lunch at Morada Bay and back. Let me know. Thanks. Rick
Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKII, 302 with 374 hp
Not Ranked     

What time are you all leaving on the 26th?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Alex, I am still waiting for the group that is driving down from both coasts to contact me. There are approximately 10 from the SE Cobra Club who have indicated interest in doing the cruise on the 26th.

-Proposed itinerary is starting in Coconut Grove, meeting at the Coconut Grove Convention Center parking lot (on Biscayne Bay .. water view).

-Drive through the Grove, down twisting Old Cutler Road past the Homestead
Air Force Base and the Speedway.

-Back road - Card Sound Road - across Biscayne Bay and into Key Largo. Stop for a coffee / bloody mary @ the Caribbean Club .. boat launch ramp
on the bay side / intracoastal waterway.

-Head another 18 miles south to Islamorada and lunch at Morada Bay. Total distance one way from Coconut Grove to Islamorada is around 65 miles approx.

I believe a realistic target departure time from Coconut Grove would be around 10:00 am ... but I am not sure where everyone is coming in from at this point. I normally leave on this run early to miss traffic. 8:00 am, but then sometimes we just keep driving and have lunch in Key West ... but that is 155miles each way, and makes for a long day.