Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Other Upcoming Events (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/other-upcoming-events/)
-   -   Viva la revolution - again!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/other-upcoming-events/110672-viva-la-revolution-again.html)

turnpike boy 05-16-2011 06:40 PM

Viva la revolution - again!!

This is going to be real short notice, due to events beyond all control. The Cobra Revolution, a typical for the TriState area, will go on! June 4, 2011 at the Washington's Crossing State Park in Washington's Crossing, PA. It will also be a meet-and-greet kind of event; food will be available AT LOCAL RESTAURANTS located very, very close to the park. Water/soda/iced tea will be at the park for those who wish. Down but not out! So bring your beast and see the folks you see only once a year, again!

JUNE 4, 2011 FROM 10:00A.M. UNTIL YOU WANT TO BUZZ OUT!

I will answer any questions I can, as time permits me. Roger at (732) 718-1994. Phone is on from 4 am till 11 pm.

Cashburn 05-16-2011 06:59 PM

We plan to be there this year! Pray for sun!

I'll call you at 4:01 before I go to bed...

turnpike boy 05-16-2011 07:31 PM

And I will answer, brother! C'mon down, it will be great to see you!

turnpike boy 05-17-2011 05:50 AM

A link to something good!

About 8 miles up the road from the park, a local church holds a lobster fest every year....and it sells out real fast. It goes from 4pm to 8pm, so it's a way to get dinner after the park, while cruising these wonderful Pennsy back roads.

Here's the link: Trinity Episcopal Church Solebury :. Lobsterfest And, yes, I realize this is the poster for the 2009 event, but contacts are the same. As I get better info I will post it here.

RAO-3 05-17-2011 07:30 AM

Count me in! Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.

-Ray

dowright 05-18-2011 03:59 PM

Washington Crossing

I live in WC. See you there!

A great restaurant is Plan B on 532 just East of Taylorsville Rd. Also, the outdoor bar at the Washington Crossing Inn is open and very good. It is adjacent to the park on the south.

Also, in New Hope, Havana is the best outdoor bar in the US. Parking sucks.

Don't miss Inn of the Hawk in Lambertville, NJ. Best hamburger in the area and a nice outdoor seating.

For a great ride, take Fleecydale going west off of Hwy 32 to Carversville. The Carversville Inn has a super bar.

turnpike boy 05-18-2011 06:10 PM

Thank You!!

Great suggestions! That's the stuff we need.

Also - in case your wimmenfolk get glazed with Cobra stuff. Peddlar's Village is about, oh, 8 or 9 miles up Route 202 out of New Hope. Wonderful place for wimmen....not so sure about men.

James Stern 05-18-2011 06:16 PM

If the weather is right I'll be there. One rainstorm a year is my quota and it was used up last Saturday.

Jim S.

mrmustang 05-18-2011 06:54 PM

Going to miss it, have to work and then off to my 30th HS reunion picnic

Bill S.

turnpike boy 05-18-2011 07:19 PM

You will be missed. Have a great time with your old girlfriends! :D

dowright 05-19-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turnpike boy (Post 1129822)
Great suggestions! That's the stuff we need.

Also - in case your wimmenfolk get glazed with Cobra stuff. Peddlar's Village is about, oh, 8 or 9 miles up Route 202 out of New Hope. Wonderful place for wimmen....not so sure about men.

In Peddlers Village, the Porter House is the best restaurant.

James Stern 05-19-2011 07:24 PM

Damn Bill, I was counting on seeing your new wonder machine!

Jim S.

ERA649 05-20-2011 05:34 PM

Turnpike,

I hope to make too, I haven't had time to drive the cobra lately.

mrmustang 05-21-2011 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Stern (Post 1129995)
Damn Bill, I was counting on seeing your new wonder machine!

Jim S.

Next showing on track at SAAC 36 at VIR Memorial day weekend ;)

Bill S.

FWB 05-27-2011 09:55 AM

would like to attend....but where exactly is everyone meeting. "the park" covers more area than most towns, is it in yardley, new hope....? i need a clue...

turnpike boy 05-28-2011 07:03 AM

It's easy.

The park itself is right across the road from the Washington's Crossing Visitor Center, located on Rt. 32. This is a tiny little 2 lane road, so don't be lookin for some heavy-duty hiway. Rt. 32 is also known as River Road....since it parallels the Delaware on the Pennsy side.

If you come up 95, just look for River Road - it'll take you right into the park. If you come across from Newtown, Take Rt. 532 (Washington's Crossing Road) and it will likewise take you right in.

It's really not too hard to find. Follow signs for the Visitor's Center and you just can't go wrong.

D111 05-30-2011 08:03 AM

my Google navigator came up with this address?

Washington crossing historic park
1112 River Road, Washington Crossing, PA 18977

turnpike boy 05-30-2011 11:51 AM

That'll do it!

River Road, as it exits from 95, takes you up to a traffic light in Washington's Crossing; there is a couple gas stations caddy-corner from each other and a bank/supermarket on the other. You take a right at that light onto Washington's Crossing Road (natch;)), also known as Rt. 523, down to a 4-way stop sign; make a left at that stop sign, go about 150 yards and the park entrance is on your left. Has a big flagpole sitting in a stone base. Can't miss it.

turnpike boy 05-31-2011 08:53 AM

5 days to go! And hopefully weather is on our side. :)

James Stern 05-31-2011 11:56 AM

Looking good. Of course they can't accurately forecast the evening.:LOL: