Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 50th Anniversay of the Cobra event-LA County Fairgrounds

The National Hot Rod Association Museum will be hosting the 50th Anniversay of the Cobra on April 19-21 at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds and the NHRA Museum in Pomona Calif.. This event, the Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion will include 3 days of road course action on the Pomona Road course, car shows, and a special Cobra Display at the Museum. The Cobra comittee director for this event is Mr Lynn Parks and co event director is Lynn Rose. For info, contact Lynn Rose at the NHRA Museum.
lynnrose@msn.com

Last edited by Linzzy; 08-03-2011 at 01:44 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Is it going to include a swap meet area for Cobra & Shelby buffs to sell ?

I think since the Cobra started in Los Angeles, this might
draw a lot of people to bring their old Cobra related
material, even old magazines with road tests of the Cobra,
etc. I hope they can have some area for that.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

This should be the best 50th anniversary celebration of the year for Shelby American. It will bring out the best of the best! I know Monterey will be big, but I think this one will have it all!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slither View Post
This should be the best 50th anniversary celebration of the year for Shelby American. It will bring out the best of the best! I know Monterey will be big, but I think this one will have it all!
You might be right but I hope you are wrong as I'm hoping SAAC 37 will bring out more original Cobras next June. Not taking anything away from Montery as I guess it is the crown jewel of collector car exhibitions but just for selfish reasons most of us on the East Coast want our show here to be better.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X #99 View Post
You might be right but I hope you are wrong as I'm hoping SAAC 37 will bring out more original Cobras next June. Not taking anything away from Montery as I guess it is the crown jewel of collector car exhibitions but just for selfish reasons most of us on the East Coast want our show here to be better.
Can't blame you a bit for that, Racer X! We are making the long drive from the West coast to go yo SAAC 37 next year. Bringing a '65 Shelby GT 350, a '67 Trans Am Mustang and a 4000 Series CSX Challenge Racer Shelby Cobra! Think we will have any fun? You bet we will!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1038--sold
Not Ranked     

I read on the SAAC site (or it may have been the Team Shelby site) that they are also planning on caravaning to the Fabulous Fords Forever show at Knott's on Sunday April 22nd.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

The organisers of the Goodwood Revival in the UK are expecting 30+ genuine Cobras to be on the track there in September. I wonder how many of those are being shipped from the US (and if so won't be available for Monterey or SAAC...)?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slither View Post
Can't blame you a bit for that, Racer X! We are making the long drive from the West coast to go yo SAAC 37 next year. Bringing a '65 Shelby GT 350, a '67 Trans Am Mustang and a 4000 Series CSX Challenge Racer Shelby Cobra! Think we will have any fun? You bet we will!
I look forward to seeing the collection you are bringing. I will not be doing any track time at this event as I have run so many times at the Glen in many open track events that I just want to enjoy watching. And I don't have a track car anymore. Plus if I have to refrain from imbibing in the evening what fun would that be?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion, April 19-21, 2012 will be the best 50th Anniversary Celebration of all of them. It is being put on by Cobra people. Mr. Jim Wicks from the annual and very popular Mid America Ford and Team Shelby Nationals along with Randy Richardson from LASAAC, Lynn Park and Lynn Rose are heading this event. It is going to be a 3-day Shelby Cobra event filled with plenty of things to do. They are planning on having as many of the retired employees from the 60's as they can gather. And let me tell you, the stories are priceless. There is even going to be a Cacklefest in front of the NHRA Museum with at least 10-12 nostalgic Top Fuel Dragsters. Imagine all of them fired up at once! Anybody with a Ford powered vehicle is welcomed to join this 3 day event. For any information or answers, please feel free to give Lynn Rose a call.
(714)307-3084 or
(714)771-4499
Old 12-23-2011, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Latest, and greatest! Just out!

Grand Marshall is Parnelli Jones!

Parnelli's Riverside winning Grand Prix King Cobra will be one of TWO King Cobra's present.

Parnelli's winning King Cobra is owned by Donn Vickory and Parnelli has agreed to drive this beautifully restored King Cobra around the original Pomona Road Course for some exhibition laps.

Talk about a great opportunity to be present and take that memorial photograph, Parnelli Jones, King Cobra, Pomona Road Course=PRICELESS!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzzy View Post
The National Hot Rod Association Museum will be hosting the 50th Anniversay of the Cobra on April 19-21 at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds and the NHRA Museum in Pomona Calif.. This event, the Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion will include 3 days of road course action on the Pomona Road course, car shows, and a special Cobra Display at the Museum. The Cobra comittee director for this event is Mr Lynn Parks and co event director is Lynn Rose. For info, contact Lynn Rose at the NHRA Museum.
lynnrose@msn.com
Parnelli Jones will be the Grand Marshall. I've heard Carroll is only planning on attending two 50th Anniversary events, Monterey and the NHRA Museum's.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzzy View Post
lynnrose@msn.com
The 14th Annual Reunion of former Shelby American Employees, organized by Bob Shaw, will be part of the NHRA Museum's banquet honoring Carroll on April 21st
Old 01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbauto32 View Post
The 14th Annual Reunion of former Shelby American Employees, organized by Bob Shaw, will be part of the NHRA Museum's banquet honoring Carroll on April 21st
That alone is worth going to the event!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Has an event program been drawn up yet.

Looking at the Google maps is the LA Fairground off Fairplex drive just near the Brackett airfield? It appears I am looking at the right one, but Google brings up a number of fairgrounds. This is the only one in Pomona.

I am organising flights and accommodation tomorrow.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 02-22-2012 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: LA County Fairgrounds location???
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Hey Bernie are you going to be there? Dean and I were asked to help with this event but schedules and life prevented our involvment. Should be a great event. Jim Wicks puts on the Mid-America Shelby Meet here in Tulsa and has almost 40 years. Jim has a great deal of experience with big events and should have everything down to military type precission.

I think the Pomona fairgrounds is just north of I10 off McKinley.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois Harlan

Clois

Hi mate. Yes I am in California and heading to Florida. I was planning to stay a little longer once I flew into LAX. That way I would pick up going to event. I am travelling with Anne.

I am trying to find the site to view programs etc. and see what public walk in admission prices are for us. We will only be able to make the Thursday and Friday.

Bernie
Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2252 sold 3-08, 1986 AC Cobra MK IV #185
Not Ranked     
Default Breaking News....

A friend sent this to me recently:

http://www.nhra.net/2012/images/Muse...%202-18-12.pdf

I'm going for sure.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Damn - looks like I will be spending time in LA on Thursday and Friday after reorganizing flights and accommodation in. Unfortunately I am committed to flying out Saturday at 11am to Florida. Oooh well.... :LOL.: Anyone need a room on Wednesday and Thursday at the Sheraton Fairplex Pomona. -
Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Does anyone know why?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

twobjshelbys

Let me know if organizers responded to this event site or to you.

Not to mention I sent emails asking for info..

Not to worry I have a couple of cruisers to attend..