24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Cobra - Keith Craft 428 stoker, 600 HP/614 Trq
Send a message via AIM to COACH MIKE Send a message via Yahoo to COACH MIKE
Not Ranked     
Default FE 390 Hypo for sale

I have a FE 390 with 600 miles on it. I have the opportunity to get a 428 stroker and need to sell this engine. The engine was built this past Christmas. It features the following: 1967 390 block. Complete block magnaflux check and then thoroghly cleaned. Crank turned ten under, new bearings, new rings, (honed it did not have sufficient wear to require boring).
The short block was completed by Abernathy's a local speed shop(I have the receipt). Melling HV oil pump, Edelbrock hypo Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Hypo cam, lifters and RPM manifold, Edelbrock 750 carb. Competition cams roller rockers, Smith Bros. push rods. Ford electronic ignition box and distributor with accel super coil (I have all the receipts on all parts). The engine has been properly broken in for the first 600+ miles. I am revising the asking price to $5000 or best offer because the seller will get the entire engine from back to front new water pump and oil pan to carb with inlet and fuel pressure gauge and chrome valve covers. Seller handles shipping. For questions and interest call 256-483-9472 or e-mail mikedlane@comcast.net.

Last edited by COACH MIKE; 09-07-2006 at 04:01 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cardiac, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

What pistons, rods, compression ratio? Were the rods magnafluxed? ARP bolts? Stock pan? If you have some pictures, can you send them to:

SantaFe66@excite.com

Thanks.

Paul
Old 08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hypo 390

Paul:
The engine was in very good shape when we disassembled it. We had all the internal parts checked by the speed shop prior to putting the short block back together. I told them to check the pistons and rods. The shop mechanic told me everything looked very good. This is one reason the engine was not bored. The engine runs very strong. I currently have it in another cobra. I will be out of town until the 14th of August. If you are serious about the engine I will do my best to get a video of the engine while it is running or more still photos. If you want to ask other questions you can reach me at 256-483-9472. The pistons and rods are stock 390 four barrel. ARP bolts were used throughout the engine. The oil pan is stock.
Mike

Last edited by COACH MIKE; 08-02-2006 at 08:21 PM..
Old 08-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cardiac, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Still want to know what pistons, rods, etc. that I asked in the previous inquiry.

Also, do you happen to know approx. horsepower/torque. I can tell it is very well configured, but just curious if you know the specs.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 08-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Paul:
It has the original rods and pistons. We were told by the speed shop that they were is excellent condition and for the street application it would be a waste of money to buy new ones.The compression ratio is approx. 10 to 1. I have not had the engine dyno'd. A friend of mine built a 390 very similar to this one only without the comp cam's valve train components and it dyno'd at 425 flywheel horses. I expect this one will be somewhat higher with the better components in the valve train. Again, if you are serious about the engine you can call me and we can get you some photos and maybe a sound tape if necessary. 256-483-9472.
Mike