Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Road Serpents Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/road-serpents-inc/)
-   -   Now buying wrecked and salvaged Cobras. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/road-serpents-inc/60448-now-buying-wrecked-salvaged-cobras.html)

Turk 01-11-2005 12:53 AM

Now buying wrecked and salvaged Cobras.

Friends...
We have had a heck of a time getting parts in time to finish a few projects we had going on for a looong time. Most of the difficulties have been due to cash flow problems.
Besides the exchage rates no longer favor the US Dollar..

So, me and my uncle came up with the idea of buying wrecked and damaged cars. We won't use anything that is really messed up. We will only use the perfectly salvagable parts that were not dinged up during whatever happened to your car.

If there were any injuries and the car has any blood stains....we are not interested. That includes any cars that had a close encounter with a deer or any other wildlife.

We are only looking for good clean junk.

Some of the cars left our plant with a combination of Smiths, and Autometers on the same dash. I promised some of these folks I would get them the correct gauges as soon as I could.

That was about three years ago.

I have not been able to. We need one Smith's oil pressure gauge and we also need three Autometer Tachs.. If any of you have a Stewart Warner Water Temp. gauge we could really use one..

Give my uncle or me a call for your clean parts..
They will be put to good use.

TURK
Road Serpents Acquisitons

clayfoushee 01-11-2005 04:54 AM

LMAO........good heavens!

Ron61 01-11-2005 05:10 AM

15K. Drive it home and take whatever you need. Never been wrecked, spun out once but hit nothing. New carb, street tires, big draw back is small block engine. Not a show car. Doors don't llne up correctly dure to being first out of new mold and mold was not completely straight. That has long since been corrected and improved on. No exotic history behind this car.

Ron :(

Going along with Turk's new endevor on this idea. :)

trularin 01-11-2005 05:15 AM

Turk, Are you serious or is this a joke??

I have a SW temp guage as well as others.

For you, I would offer them if you need them.

What else do you need? Ask and I will see what there is.

427 S/O 01-11-2005 05:35 AM

Have you thought about contacting the limited number of companies that insure our beloved, they probably own
a few........

Bill Wells 01-11-2005 06:11 AM

hey, Turk..LMAO...but, there are some companies that might buy the parts from you -once you acquire same- so they can finish their cars ! ole`. bill

PatBuckley 01-11-2005 06:31 AM

Are you serious!!!???

If you are I just want to say that I think this is in extremely poor taste.

Pat Buckley

BTW - I do happen to have a few parts I would like to get rid of...are you paying money?

GeorgiaSnake 01-11-2005 07:14 AM

LMAO!

jdog 01-11-2005 07:29 AM

Long Beach Cobras?

We may have found out what happened to all of those Cobras that have come up missing in Long Beach!
Parted out!

jdog;)
P.S. I'll take one 'complete' CSX Cobra!:p

Robert T. Faust 01-11-2005 07:54 AM

What the he!! does LMAO mean?
Liver Makes An Odor?
Larry, Moe And Onions?
Left Martha At Owens?
Left My A$$ Overthere?

casaleenie 01-11-2005 08:30 AM

Turk,

For about 40K I can go out in the garage right now and make a wreck for you... They'll be nice clean parts with not even knuckle blood on them.. :rolleyes:
whatever.....

hey,littlecobra 01-11-2005 08:57 AM

LMAO- Laughing My A$$ Off (usually preceeded by: ROFLMAO- Rolling on Floor.....)

Turk 01-11-2005 09:06 AM

Thanks guys,
Our phones are ringing off the wall this morning...
I didn't realize there were that many junk Cobras out there.

Surprisingly most of the call are coming from owners of one particular brand.!!

Trularin,
Thanks.We went ahead and talked the customer into a warning light instead of a gauge.

Another thoiught occured to us. The whole purpose in recycling these slightly used parts and having them end up somewhere where they can complete someone else's dream is mainly to cut costs...
So what is to be gained by you shipping the part to us and have us turn aroound and ship it to the ifnal user? All that would do is add to the cost and and what was ganied would be lost to UPS or FedEx.

What I am thinking is maybe if we can match the seller and the customer who needs the part, maybe we can have a "U-PULL" right there in your garage. We will have them come to you, (with or without tools) and pull a switch or a starter or a door right there in front of you in your own garage.

Thanks to all who responded. We don't need any more SPF donors. We have plenty.
We are looking for some ERA's Street Beasts at this point.

Please please keep us in mind if you get in a fender bender.
Your first call should be to your insurance company, and your second one to us. Then you can call the family and tell them about the accident.

Lord
May
Almost
OK this.

Fred Douglass 01-11-2005 09:20 AM

Toik

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Actually, there's a firm that BUILDS new* junk cobras right near me! I'll give- 'em a call...:JEKYLHYDE :JEKYLHYDE

*They may have changed their earlier market-strategy though..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS: Those HAZMAT trucks left Davis yet?

Rick Yeager 01-13-2005 06:07 PM

Turk, your ground breaking marketing technology is brilliant. It works well. Us hillbillies in Southern Indiana have been doing it for decades, except we call it “Road Kill.”

Oh by the way, would you be interested in buying some good deer sausage?

Rick

SCOBRAC 01-13-2005 06:19 PM

I'll take the ones with bloodstains, brain matter and bodily fluid. Sorry to hijack your thread turk.

Turk 01-13-2005 07:02 PM

I have seen manufactureres solicit all sorts of valuables as trade ins. I suppose there is nothing wrong with anything that can be turned into cash as down payment or as partial payment.
Why stop at computers, cars, appliances and musical intstruments?

Why not deer sausage?

Spicy, I hope!!

Please send some for evaluation and appraisal. Let us know what quantities you have on hand. We'll talk.

We miss deer sausage and especially deer jerky ever since we left Colorado.

TURK
Trade DIV.

Mike. You stay out of this..

jdog 01-13-2005 10:36 PM

CSX parts?

I am going to check all of the 'parts' that come attached to my car. Your not wholesaleing some of these parts to a company in Nevada are you? I better not see any;'Swahili or Polish' writing on any of my cars parts. Spanish OK!:LOL:

jdog;)

STG 01-14-2005 12:37 AM

Re: CSX parts?

Quote:

Originally posted by jdog

I Your not wholesaleing some of these parts to a company in Nevada are you? OK!:LOL:

jdog;)

Of course not! Turk won't ship C.O.D. and subscribes to Dunn & Bradstreet.

Turk 01-14-2005 12:41 AM

Hello Stan,
Haven't heard from you for a long time. How are you?

TURK