Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > RU Car Crafters--Speak with Roger Upton

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-28-2017, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U. Car Crafters
Not Ranked     
Default Rucc

I believe I have a R.U. Car. I would like to get more information on it to positively ID it. Anyone out there who can help? Thanks Tony
Old 02-28-2017, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, SB 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Rucc

I have one; how can I help.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What are the tells of a RUCC car? Mine is setup for 4 link Mustang rear suspension, a MII front suspension. Is there an assembly guide? What was included in the original kits? Where were parts procured from to finish the project? Are there any builds documented that show areas of the car like the frame, fiberglass work? I am leaning towards this being a RUCC car because of location, lack of ID or number, time period for parts procurement(2003) and some pics I have seen of finished cars in areas like the foot wells, inside door panels and under the hood. Any suggestions on how to positively ID this car? Thanks Tony
Old 03-01-2017, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, SB 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Hi,

Here's a link to a RUCC build, RAW's Cobra Kit Car., not mine but, very informative.

I have an assembly manual in electronic form; PM an email address and I'll send it.

Probably the most distinguishing feature of the RUCC cars is the apron around the engine bay, kinda makes the engine look like it's in a bathtub. Some people like it and some don't.

Roger had two frames; a ladder and a backbone, both very strong and each would accommodate an 8.8 solid or TBird IRS rear end and both used the Mustang II front end components although he offered a tubular A arm setup as an option. My car has the tubular A arms and IRS options.

There are no identifying numbers on the frame or body and no MSO issued from RUCC for their cars.

As far as parts go, you're pretty much on your own as Roger hasn't been around for some time.

There is a RUCC sub-forum on the site but, there isn't a lot of activity there.

Last edited by bingo2; 03-01-2017 at 03:55 PM..
Old 03-01-2017, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looking at the pictures, I am 100% sure it is one of Rogers' Kits. The strange thing for me is in looking at his address he lived probably lived less than 2 miles from me. I have some questions for you. Did you kit come with wiring? Windshield? Is there any chance to see a picture of your front suspension? My suspension is pissing part of the strut rod where it attaches to the frame. With the car I recieved NOS 03Cobra control arms, sn95 spindles, 99Cobra calipers, 13" disks, later model hand brake, 03 Cobra pedal assembly, 2 hydro boost units with masters and the rear calipers, disks and brackets. What are you using for spindles?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
Looking at the pictures, I am 100% sure it is one of Rogers' Kits. The strange thing for me is in looking at his address he lived probably lived less than 2 miles from me. I have some questions for you. Did you kit come with wiring? Windshield? Is there any chance to see a picture of your front suspension? My suspension is pissing part of the strut rod where it attaches to the frame. With the car I recieved NOS 03Cobra control arms, sn95 spindles, 99Cobra calipers, 13" disks, later model hand brake, 03 Cobra pedal assembly, 2 hydro boost units with masters and the rear calipers, disks and brackets. What are you using for spindles?
I have one of Rogers kits too. The RAW website that was mentioned earlier is an excellent place for build photos & tips. I used it when I built mine. I don't live far from you, I'm out in Claremore. If I can help you with anything let me know.

Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 03-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven855 View Post
Raven855,
My kit came with the wiring harness & of course the fuse box. I got my windshield from Shell Valley, Roger's was too expensive. I can send you a picture of the front suspension if you'd like me to. I'd have to check on the spindles, they came with the kit.

Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"