Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dallas_

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     
Default Is there going to be a Run N Gun in 2014?

Anyone in the know, know?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

No one signed up last year, why would we try again? Clois still owns the name.....so, maybe he will organize something and I'm sure dozens will sign up
Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I do not own the name, Jay Nordstrom does.

Last year was a difficult time for many of us old time Run N Gunners. Several of us were in between projects with nothing to drive or the economy had beaten us down so badly that we were watching our nickles and dimes. Run N Gun is a great event and the St. Louis Cobra Club founders (Mark, Tim, and Paul) ran into the same issues we had at our last RNG. The fact is Dean and I came up almost $3,000 short of expenses which we had to make up out of pocket with a little help from our friends.

It had became more and more difficult to get Cobra owners to commit to the event three months out. The manufacturers needed exposure but our magazine coverage was down to only one magazine. Now, that magazine will only be available online but it will become a monthly issue rather than a bi-monthly. Additionally, many of those manufacturers were fighting their own battles with the slowing demand due to the economy. Today some of those manufacturers are no longer in business. In some cases that is a good thing. The quality of the Cobra's today couldn't be stronger with our core Cobra Manufacturers. The bottom line is the Manufacturers are necessary to make an event happen because of the cost to rent a track and all the necessary workers.

Going forward I believe the Cobra industry is strong and the demand for a Run N Gun event will happen and hopefully it will return to St. Louis where I believe is one of the best locations ever. Centrally located and the best facilities I have ever experienced.

The key to making the NEXT RNG successfuly will be to get the track on board with the event and not expect to clear X number of dollars. Unfortunately, the tracks have people to answer to as well that may not like them giving away track time at a reduced rate. Double edged sword.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

bring back the run n gun! whats needed to get this organized? I hear there is an event going on in Pocono
1984 AUTOKRAFT COBRA #009
Old 12-28-2016, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

With Jays Passing were does it leave the RNG ?
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 12-28-2016, 02:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Well there hasn't been one since 2014 so....
PurpleVenom likes this.