14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Run and Gun Competition is GROWING!!!!

John at Mongoose Motorsports has posted some pictures of his entries into this years Run and Gun and I must say I am very impressed. Here is a link to some photo's of their products:

http://www.runngun.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=507#507

Their first entry will be a 1980's replica of the Corvette GTP which was originally built by Lola and campaigned a Hendrick factory Racing team and by privetiers in the 80's and their second entry will be their rendition of the 1967 Corvette Grand Sport. Both cars I understand will be relying on a LS1 engine package. These are both beautiful cars and from the above photo's they have been well thought out and prepared. But you can see for yourself as a spectator or competetor.

Welcome to Run and Gun 2007 Mongoose Motorsports!

Now if we can just get John Gyan to show up with one of his LOLA's or other creation.

Scotty Johnson- here you go buddy a little more competition for you.

The field is getting set and this event will be a great opportunity for those of you wanting to check out your next project or just see what ideas have been incorporated into some of the other Kit Car's. We are just a little over two months away from this years Run and Gun.

Are you ready!

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 08-03-2007 at 05:25 AM..
Old 08-03-2007, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

What no comments?

"Let's roll"

Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

I just hope they don't go in the novice category... I've got enough competion as it is!

Who is John Galt?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hey Cois,
I can only guess as to why there are not many comments. Perhaps the average guy has spent his vacation already on LCS or the Shelby event.
I have attended most of the R&G events and never have I walked away disappointed. The past few years it has gotten even better. The most incredible part is the amount of track time verses dollar is unbeilevable. I know last year I put over 300 mile on the track and I was wore out at the end of each day. Then after all that you get to visit and bench race at dinner.
Also the sitting around in the evening after dinner talking about the days events is great. There is always something going on.
I attended the first R&G and bought my Midstates Cobra body from Bob and laurie Kalio. I had a chance to see the product and talk to others about their product. So if you are serious about building a replica then I highly recommend this venue. Many of the manufacturers have been coming to this event from the start and that says alot about the company. Many new manufactures have made it here with their new product. Not just a web page and an idea. so real hands on is by far the best. Seeing the product perform goes a long way too.

If you can afford to go and have the time you won't regret it.

Hersh
Old 08-03-2007, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Thats good new Clois. I remember some Corvettes a few years ago. I am glad to see they will be represented this year by Mongoose. I will be flying the RCR banner! The 40 is almost done. I think R&G this year will be even better than last year!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary 289 fia with 351 windsor
Not Ranked     

One of the things I like about run and gun is you really don't have to worry about competition. I go out & drive where I'm comfortable & I have yet to have anyone say a thing about finishing in whatever place. And yes you're right about track time. Tons of track time and lots of bench racing too. Fun for those that don't necessarily care if they're the fastest or not. What matters is you're having fun with a lot of people that have the same interest in the cars as you do and enjoy driving them the way they were intended to be used. HARD
Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default Scott

I also remember that your car recieived an "editor's choice" award from this event and later a magazine coverage if I am not mistaken.

Look forward to seeing you again. I was sad that you missed last year after your post. Don't tease us this year and...don't let me miss out on a hug!

Jay

ps. las tme we saw each other was at Heartland Park....that's too long!!!

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 08-04-2007, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: contemporary 289 fia with 351 windsor
Not Ranked     

Hi Jay, I'm sorry about last year but it got so cold and the last time I hot lapped that car in the cold, I did a double pirouet through the s's at Gateway and I don't think Jackie (my wife) could stomach many more of those. I'm hoping to make it this year though. We really missed seeing all of you.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Thats cool(GTP) a buddy of my son wanted to build one il tell him one going to be ther maybe i can get a few more intrested people coming to the event wow this cool !!!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bill,

This is kind of like the chicken or the egg. We need spectators to get the mfgs to want to show up. We are planning on some adds in the Chicago, Kansas City, St. Louis, Tulsa, Dallas, OKC, and Houston papers the first of October.

Plus we have posters we would like to hang in the various speed shops around.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 08-11-2007, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I spoke to Fran Hall at RCR last night and he is coming with the GT40, the ultra light, and the T70 lola. If you want to see a variety of different cars, this is going to be the place to be.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey Dean took the car out last night to try out the lights they all worked even the brakes ..yyyeeee haaaa(i hate wiring)that pressure switch was a breaze for the brakes just like u said, getting close for tags. is the GT40 done hope it s going well, looking forward to seing you all ther this year..WB
Old 09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If I dont break my Ultima GTR in the Silver State, 0-200-0, or High Noon Mile Shootout Sept 14-16.
I may come out to R&G
Old 09-03-2007, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Jeff be glad to have ya.Those are sooooo coool!!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Now this is shaping up to be a big deal. With Shell Valley, RCR and a the Grand Soprt Vettes and many others, this is getting exciting.
Jeff, I sure hope you make it. It is without a doubt a pleasure to watch you drive. Folks, If you are looking to buy a kit then you better try your best to get to R&G. From all indications there is going to be a very nice representation from many manufacturers. It is worth the price of admition just to watch the pro class do their stuff. You can learn a lot just watching how these guys handle their cars.
If you are a manufacturer and are not signed up then if I were you I would give this event a another look.

Hersh