14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Can you feel the excitement building-Run N Gun Nationals

We still have a few spaces available for this years Run N Gun Nationals and we want to share the event with anyone that has thought about coming in the past but uncertain about putting their car on the track. First you will have the opportunity to have a professional driver (not me) in the car with you. His name is Don Barnes from the Texas Motor Speedway and he teaches students and professionals every day. His charge for a class is usually $2-3000.00 and this is FREE for all participants. Next regardless of what class you choose to run in (PRO -PREPARED-STREET) you will be grouped with others that are running similar times. We found that there are some extremely fast cars running in all classes and they tend to make some of the newer drivers or slower cars uncomfortable so after your first half day on Thursday you will be grouped according to your times. We hope to keep each group within 7 or 8 seconds of each other so everyone has fun and feels competitive.

Next you will have the opportunity to sit in on several seminars that will address common building issues that arise during a build, brake selections, engine choices, handling issues and choices and the various products that you need and don't need. As a spectator you can take test rides by one of about 15 or so manufacturers to help you better make a decision about your dream ride.

Last you can hang in the pits and gain valuable information from the other drivers and crews about their cars. How's and why's of their construction. Plus, there is always a social time at the end of the day and you're invited to pull up a chair and get acquainted with the days stories (some folks call them lies or at least exagerations). Everyone is welcome to the banquet on Friday night and as a participant you will receive two tickets to the excellent dinner that will be served. If you are a spectator you are welcome to join us for dinner as well but you will need to purchase a ticket at registration and the cost is $25.00 (did I mention is was an excellent prime rib dinner and all you can eat?).

Please go to our website for further information or contact Dean Lampe or myself (Clois Harlan) at the telephone numbers listed. Don't wish you had came when you're looking at all the pictures in the magazines and photo galleries in November!

http://www.runngun.net

Thank you,

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     
Default Some Special RNG Awards

I thought I would post a couple of the Special Run N Gun Awards that are new this year.

1. Most documented horsepower recorded from a dyno pull at the event.

2. Lowest ET during the Drag Strip competition (includes RNG Experience T/O)

3. Spirit of Run N Gun Awards

Plus door prizes and merchandise give-a-ways

I hope you can make it to the 2008 Run N Gun Nationals: http://www.runngun.net

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Wooo Hoooo

wooo hoooo This is going to be ssooooo cooool,I think Im going to be bringing a Buddy who helps with our car and he is Excited also.I here him talk about it all the time now.He talking about bring his roadster an, A model manufactured replica.Its neat to watch the enthusiasm build for this event.I would bet soon we will have to reserve our spot a year in advance because the popularity of this event.?? did you get the pole dancers lined out with ther own Booth??Or was that up to Dean?
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 09-05-2008, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We are still working on the pole dancers but hopefully we will have a few surprises. We have had to contain Cliff because he wants to come in drag (or maybe he said he wants to come to the drags) anyway he has made some difficult request of the organizers.

If your friend is serious he needs to get his registration in quickly because we are within 5 or 6 registration of being completely sold out. Only one garage space remains so after it is gone we will have to get a stand by list in case someone doesn't show up.

The Speed Channel is doing a special on one of the area manufacturers the weekend before RNG and then they are going to the drags in Tulsa October 11 for Saturday night Pinks All Out and they have expressed an interest in getting some footage from RNG to mix with the Manufacturers footage. Who knows where all this will lead to?

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Clois, I have been working day and night to get the new car ready for Run n Gun. I must be crazy and I am tired! But the event is sooo much fun that I can't quit. Building a Cobra from scratch is not easy!!! I have finally finished the chassis. I had to make 7 unique fiberglass parts to mount the Mid States body to it along with an alumium cradle the supports the front of the body. Add to that custom headers, custom fuel tank, a conversion for the Diff to accept a driveshaft, custom axles, and a custom steering rack. I also have made the over 30 aluminum skins that attach to the frame. In addition to building the car I have built a new jig for the chassis, copies of all brackets, molds for all of the fiberglass parts, and patterns for the aluminum panels. Hopefully the car will perform great and other people will want one. Now I can duplicate the car with out having to pull it apart.
I leave on a business trip tomorrow and don't get back until the 12th. I still have to paint the chassis, attach the aluminum panels, assemble the car, plumb it, wire it, mount the body, have it painted, and get the interior installed before run n gun. I may show up there and sleep for the 4 days!!!
Can't wait, see you there! John
Old 09-05-2008, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default There a weight limit for just you John

john chesnut John if you come in at under 2,000lbs with you in the car, we are adding weight. Looking forward to seeing the new car. Rick L.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Rick, This car is a fat pig!!!!!!!! It has over 100 ft of 2 by 2 tubing and over 120 ft of 1 by 1 tubing in it. All of the tubing on this prototype is 1/8th wall. And, the suspension pick up plates and other brackets are 3/16 or 1/4, depending on application. I just had it on racing scales and the chassis with the aluminum panels weighs exactly 520 lbs. The body weighs 172lbs. So, I think that even with out my fat 230lbs the car will weigh around 2100lbs in street trim. Future chassis will use .083 wall tubing in non suspension cradle applications and I have plans for a light weight carbon fiber/fiberglass hybrid body. This should reduce weight by about 180lbs. Still not a featherweight, but getting closer!!
I am bringing the car in complete street trim with street tires, 275 in front, 295 in rear. I am running street springs too! The engine is a stock 405hp, brakes are stock too. I am hoping for a smooth and competent driver. But, It will not beat all of you guys in your race cars!!!!
Rick, I look forward to seeing you!!! john
Old 09-05-2008, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois I beleive my freind is coming to help me and just bring his car,I told him about the follow the leader around the track stuff,also about getting on here and asking ????s we will see...Just finished a 4 month hood refurbish and repaint did the underside matching,+ scaling the car.Looking forward to a great weekend...WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 09-06-2008, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #985 Custom Pro/ Street Race Car, full cage, dry sump 427W and G Force T-56 Fully Street Legal!!
Not Ranked     

It's great to see the excitement ramping up a bit. In just a little over four weeks, we'll all get to share another great event and some fantastic memories. Two tyres showed up on Friday, so all I now need is everything else. Man it's going to be close, but I think we'll just make it, which is better than just not making it. I am really looking fprward to seeing John's new project, sure to make some people smile.
Let the sleepless nights begin!!
Richard
Old 09-06-2008, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Clois,

I was looking forward to geting back there for the Run N Gun but must feel the excitement from afar.

I was really keen to travel over with the Australian guys...

But my son Todd has stepped up to the running of the business and I have the final sign off on most of the contractors at the house renovation.

So I think I should stay here and make sure both business and the construction side of the business is going exactly to our plan.

There is a lot happening at the moment and I need to ensure the next stage of the business renovation takes off both smoothly and quickly.

Maybe next year and I'll stay over for the S.E.M.A./ I will try and bring Todd over also. I sense a road trip..

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 09-06-2008 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: senior moment
Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Bernie...Bring the Jr. Partner over next year and DO Run'NGun 2009. It won't be as good as this year, but that's your problamo (Spanish for you Aussies).

Get your house in order and then get your head in gear! Get back soon "mate".
Old 09-08-2008, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

We will definitely miss you. Next year will be a good year for the Run n Gun Nationals as well.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-08-2008, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink No BoomBoom for you GI...

Ha sleepless nights,put in 22 hours thurs alone paint booth,work,back to paint after, oh well at least it looks a little better,doing more engine turned parts,rearend third member is next,tires this week, got a deal on some Royal purpal 50wt... 4 dolla a quart for you GI last you long time no boom boom!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation Ok its really getting close

Got sticky tires coming in this week,Tranni parts to smooth out the TKO, hopefully a new spool of the rear,and hotel reservations.Im getting pumped up now!!
Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #985 Custom Pro/ Street Race Car, full cage, dry sump 427W and G Force T-56 Fully Street Legal!!
Not Ranked     

It's getting really close. What tyres did you end up picking out??
Old 09-15-2008, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

the r6's from fossport for the front backs were ok changed the bumpsteer in front hope it helps.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Way to go Bill! I am going over everything. I got my meatballs on last week and some grapics (should make the darn thing go a lot faster and the graphic artist guaranteed me another 100 hp just from the meatballs). New rotors and polymatrix pads and fresh Wilwood 600 plus brake fluid (I hate paying over $20/pint for brake fluid. And I added some cooling brake ducts.

A little tunning time and I should be ready to go.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 09-15-2008, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great, I have a set of R6s in the garage to go on the car, never tried them before so it should be fun. The car should be in the Port of Miami today, clearing US Customs in a day or two, then the fun begins. The engine is almost together in AZ, along with the tranny hopefully shipping this week (all that stuff should have been here early September). The first time I drive this car, very well may be at Gateway.
Can't wait!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I can't wait to see all of the new cars and all of the updates that every one has been working on. I got back from my trip on the 12th. Had time to think about my chassis while I was gone. On Saturday I cut some of it off and redid it!! Finished the chassis on Sunday. (Really it is done this time!) I painted the chassis today. Well, actually have to put the final coat on it at 10pm tonight.
I will begin the drilling and riveting of over 30 panels tomorrow. Let's see I leave for Run n Gun in three weeks. I just might make it! I am planning to bring the car in primer as I don't have time to do the paint job that I want to do. And, I will be driving the car from New Hampshire. Over 30 mpg with the Cobra. My truck towing gets 9. Plus I get to keep the miles off of the tow rig. Run n Gun will be it's shake down cruise!
See you there, John
Old 09-15-2008, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Just put lipstick on the pig

John Chesnut Just add lipstick to the pig and I beat it will sing and fly. Here we go, how much weight did you cut off??2 racks of ribs, 20 pork chops and 20 lbs of bacon. And you where saying she's fat. Rick L