Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Run & Gun (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/run-gun/)
-   -   Arrival at Run N Gun 2009 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/run-gun/99942-arrival-run-n-gun-2009-a.html)

Clois Harlan 10-02-2009 05:51 AM

That is what Richard told me a few years ago ...just after he blew my doors off! Richard is a very good driver and his little ole Cobra doesn't suck either!

Clois

vector1 10-02-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey (Post 989174)
No challenge intended, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm just going to have a good time, looking forward to meeeting up with some old friends

i took it as a friendly gester, thanks for the invite.

vector1 10-02-2009 07:09 AM

i'll bring the radar gun and we'll have a "big ball run", whoever wants to, throws in $10 entry fee, top mph down the straight wins half the pot, the other half goes to the "bring the hoedown" fund for wildbill.:3DSMILE:

so somebody has to sit at the end of the straight in a lawn chair and clock the entrants--second half of the problem.:JEKYLHYDE

PurpleVenom 10-02-2009 08:59 AM

Clois or Dean - The transponders, how/where do you attach them and am I responsible for providing the wire ties or wire to do it with? How are they powered?

Meatballs/numbers - who issues these and can I request a particular #?

Anyone recall how much the racing fuel was per gallon last year?

Clois Harlan 10-02-2009 10:07 AM

We will provide the wire ties and the transponders and a good place to put them is on your quick jacks on the front of your car. Some guys will slip them in there door pockets but we have had an occassion where the signal was not getting picked up. Our Tech people will help with the transponders and most other issues that come up.

Clois

Clois Harlan 10-02-2009 10:12 AM

One of our favorite drivers has paid for next weeks event and is not going to be able to make it. If you are considering coming and would like to save some money he is willing to discount his entry fee. Email me at: tulsacobra@valornet.com and I will put you in touch with him.

Clois

WildBill3 10-02-2009 02:38 PM

I got to speak with him today....Hmmmm looking a bit better:JEKYLHYDE.Lets see this weeks take 5dolla:eek: 5dolla:eek: 5 dolla :eek:5 dolla :eek:5dolla:eek: pay off my pimp 5 dolla left:CRY:, im workin on it:

dlampe 10-03-2009 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I'm trying to get my stuff ready for Run and gun. I had to chase down an oil leak and finish my alignment, then I think I will be ready to go. The weather is looking good. Cool air means more horsepower!

Attachment 15720

PurpleVenom 10-03-2009 07:45 PM

I take it your number is changing from 33 to 7 Dean? Will be finishing up my car tomorrow for pre RNG checks. Think I've fixed my passenger side valve cover oil leak. See everyone Tuesday/Wednesday.

WildBill3 10-03-2009 09:31 PM

Now thats coooooool i dont care who you are!!!!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...Captureslc.jpg

PurpleVenom 10-04-2009 06:05 PM

Two days til RNG 09! :) Hope you can make it

gsharapa 10-04-2009 07:12 PM

Ok...let's make sure to put some status posts and pics up during the event.........

WildBill3 10-05-2009 10:13 AM

Do they have internet hookup at the track for some nearly live posts and vidio.That would be coooool...

PurpleVenom 10-05-2009 02:32 PM

They do in the scoring tower. Someone would need to set it up on line, I know just the person that could do that. Mark E! where are you?

vector1 10-06-2009 05:42 AM

alright, wayer off topic,,,

from the west taking i70 then 270, which is the best road to take south to the track, looks to be a few options and i can't remember which one i've used. don't want to end up in stop n go neighborhood traffic. thanks

cold front moving through kc tonight, moving east. supposed to get into the mid 30's around here. glad i'm taking those hard compound street tires.;)

PurpleVenom 10-06-2009 07:22 AM

Shortest route is I-70 all the way in to Illinois then stay on I-70E / I-55 North, then exit 4 to Hwy 203 to the track. Otherwise, if you really want to go the 270 route, take I-70 East into I-370 (St. Peters) East exit 224 to I-270 North/East to I-255 South to Hwy 203 West.

Much easier coming through Downtown St. Louis UNLESS you will be coming through there between 4pm and 6pm, then traffic sucks. See you tonight.

Tim

PurpleVenom 10-06-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleVenom (Post 990385)
They do in the scoring tower. Someone would need to set it up on line, I know just the person that could do that. Mark E! where are you?

Mark tells me a lot of setup required for that. Maybe next year:rolleyes:

WildBill3 10-06-2009 10:18 AM

Keeping my Fingures crossed the Truck is at the Chevy dealer maybe another Fuel pump#$%^&* gotta have it back tomarrow at the latest:CRY::CRY:3 pumps in 6 years 1300 a pop

PurpleVenom 10-06-2009 11:17 AM

Just put a hitch on the car, it'll be cheaper :)

WildBill3 10-07-2009 06:26 AM

Hope you guys have fun today the weather looks BAD over the next 2 days for the comp.side of the event.wohoo