Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Run & Gun (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/run-gun/)
-   -   Arrival at Run N Gun 2009 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/run-gun/99942-arrival-run-n-gun-2009-a.html)

Clois Harlan 09-29-2009 06:16 AM

Arrival at Run N Gun 2009

Tim Giger track manager of Gateway International Raceway wanted me to remind everyone attending this years Run N Gun that the infield will NOT be open for participants until after 4:00 PM on Tuesday October 6, 2009. Therefore, if you are planning to attend the Test N Tune Wednesday session this year we will open the gates at 4:00 PM on and start parking vendors and participants until about 8:00 PM.

Check IN and Registration:
Those wanting to check in or register for the Test N Tune or Run N Gun may also do that from 5:00 PM until 7:00 Tuesday evening as well. Registration will also re-open on Wednesday morning between 7:30 AM -10:00 AM. At check in you will be provided an itenerary, given your Official Run N Gun T-Shirt, and be assigned your transponder. You may also rent a garage space or pay for additional tickets to our banquet Friday night.

TECH TIMES:

Wednesday morning between 7:30 AM and 11:00 AM
Wednesday evening between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM
Thursday morning between 7:30 AM and 10:00 AM
Those needing to be teched after 10:00 Thursday need to contact Rick Lake or one of our Run N Gun Support staff.

Garage Rental:

If we have any available garages you can rent your garage at Registration from Sharon Harlan. The cost is $60 for the event.

Transponders:

A transponder will be assigned to you at the time you check in at Registration for your use during this event. You are responsible for the transponder during your participation at Run N Gun. We highly recommend that you attach it to your vehicle with nylon wire ties. Our tech personnel will assist you with this or advise you where the best location would be on your vehicle. These are all New transponders that we have rented and their replacement costs are $400.00 each. These transponder rentals are included with your entry fee and provide our timing and scoring a better means of getting your best times on the road course during the event. All of your laps will be recorded and used to determine your absolute best times.

Run N Gun 2009 is finally here and we are all ready to show you a good and safe time with your car. Please take the time to go over your car making sure you have proper brakes and brake lights, all bolts and fasteners have been checked, your seat belts are installed properly and you have an approved helment (motorcycle helments are NOT ALLOWED)!), battery is bolted securely and you have taped the terminal connectors, double return springs on your throtle cable, and finally remove all loose articles from the inside of your cars. You may wear cotton pants and long sleve shirts but a drivers suit and gloves are highly recommended.

We are ready for you and I hope you are ready for this years Run N Gun 2009! We will see you in a few days so have a safe trip to the track. Additional, information can be found on our web site at: http://www.runngun.net

Thanks to all of you for your support again this year.

Clois Harlan

PurpleVenom 09-29-2009 07:49 AM

Thanks for the info Clois. I haven't received any confirmation of my registration (other than the e-mail from Gateway) or tickets of any kind. Should I expect these prior to the event?

Clois Harlan 09-29-2009 08:08 AM

Unfortunately, Gateway does not send out any confirmations or registration packets (I wish they did).

However, when you arrive you will need to go to Registration and Checkin and pick up your packet and your assigned transponder. In your packet will be your wrist bands for RNG and or Test N Tune, your banaquet ticket, your assigned transponder and your T-Shirt.

Just for kicks let's see who has traveled from the most far away place pulling their car(s),
Clois

brobehr 09-29-2009 09:35 AM

so jealous...maybe next year, oops I mean definitely next year !!

vector1 09-29-2009 11:57 AM

when i made my purchase, the instructions said to bring a copy of the email'd confirmation to the event. fyi

Bailey 09-30-2009 10:51 AM

Hey at least you guys got emails.
All I have is a cleared check:D

It's getting close guys, got the car up in the air for the last time, doing final checks and an oil change, no surprises this year, just a bunch of fun.

PurpleVenom 09-30-2009 11:45 AM

Getting under mine tonight/tomorrow. May have a valve cover leak, but nothing other than that. I hope.

WildBill3 09-30-2009 06:00 PM

:CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY: :CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY: Waaaaaaa boooohooo:CRY::CRY::CRY: Im Hoeing my body out on Main st. to go.:CRY::CRY::CRY:

SSSammy 09-30-2009 06:50 PM

Rick Lake?

So the instructions above mention Rick Lake .. Rick, I thought you were taking sweetie on a cruise .. wassup? Hope yr there!

Clois, I'll see you Tues pm for checkin **)

Bill, you gotta get there! No questions asked how you did it ;)

Sam

RICK LAKE 10-01-2009 03:14 AM

Fly in and out

SSSammy Sam flying in on Tuesday and out friday evening. No car this year. Killing other half for setting up cruise on this weekend still have my YOU KNOW WHAT'S in a bunch:eek::CRY::JEKYLHYDE;) Will be there Tue morning and help with the running around to spare Clois and Dean some of the crazyness that goes on dueing this meet. Good thing is this year can't get into any trouble without truck and trailer. I am saving my mulligains for next year. :rolleyes::MECOOL::) Rick May do some wrenching on Bill's car if he brings it.

Clois Harlan 10-01-2009 05:26 AM

What do you mean if he brings it! He has a $30,000 trailer and a $40,000 truck he better bring his car. Besides he has already paid and I am not giving him his money back! :) Looking forward to seeing everyone again next week. Sharon and I are leaving Saturday for Deans house and then we are going to go up to Chicago for a couple days to do something other than drive a race car (compromises always these fricken compromises)....but I am looking forward to a few days away from work and the telelphones to get recharged for RNG.

Everyone be safe and get ready to have some fun. By the way my bet is that Sammy turns a 1:13 this year! Me, I am just hoping to stay on the track and MAYBE turn a 1:16. Actually, I hope to get in more than three laps this year at the track. There has been so much work with RNG I get very laps around the circuit.

Clois

dlampe 10-01-2009 05:54 AM

Boy, I can see the postitioning starting already between the lines. Clois is going to come out and kick all our butts. If he wants to bet you any money on his lap times, run away!:eek:

I can't wait to see all of you again.

Clois Harlan 10-01-2009 06:28 AM

Dean,

You know better than that! My best time last year was a good 8 seconds slower than yours and I have been concentrating on the coupe for the last year or so and I haven't made any changes to my Cobra. But, I plan on having fun!

Bill just bring the ole credit card and give it to Sharon at Registration (the Highway Patol won't bother you at Gateway) and she will get you all checked in and ready to go. :) I really do hope you can make it you are a very good driver and some of us like to use your times for our benchmark.

vector1 10-01-2009 01:38 PM

well, my vacation has finally started. looking forward to putting faces to names and enjoying some on track time and doing last minute checks on the crap box. hope the weather holds out. aaaaawwwwwww dick, i can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bailey 10-01-2009 01:56 PM

Hey Vector, come find me. I have the # 29 yellow Backdraft.
Cheers,
Richard

PurpleVenom 10-01-2009 03:19 PM

I've taken over my wife's spot in the garage as of today to go through the car. Long range forecast, and since when is it right, has rain Monday and Tuesday, but clearing Wednesday. Gonna be a great time.

Bailey 10-01-2009 03:37 PM

I'm looking forward to some cooler weather. Outside, it's 84 deg at 6:35 PM.
No chance of frost bite down here:LOL:

vector1 10-02-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey (Post 988952)
Hey Vector, come find me. I have the # 29 yellow Backdraft.
Cheers,
Richard

sounds like an on track throwdown, or hoedown if wildbill gets involved. i'll be over, looks like you have an interesting car.

couple days ago weatherman at work said cold front through tue. night, looks like good days after.

mark

WildBill3 10-02-2009 03:32 AM

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Im tryin!!

Bailey 10-02-2009 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vector1 (Post 989166)
sounds like an on track throwdown, or hoedown if wildbill gets involved. i'll be over, looks like you have an interesting car.

couple days ago weatherman at work said cold front through tue. night, looks like good days after.

mark

No challenge intended, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm just going to have a good time, looking forward to meeeting up with some old friends