LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Question Cobra dream.

HI.
I am living in Sweden and i have dreamed to build a Cobra for my self in many years now.
I have started to draw a frame to a 427 AC Cobra. I draw it in 3d with a CAD program. My problem is that I do not have a 3d model of a body shell. So I doīnt know how much space i have available. Is it anyone here who has any model to a body in 3D for a CAD type .wrl,.stp,.step or .igs and who are willing to share it with me?
best regards/Builder
Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

hi
if you give me your email i will send you 3d polygon model of 427 bodyshell in dxf format
did you take a look to my scratch built 289 project @ this sub-section of forum ?
regards
ozgur
@istanbul

Last edited by Ozgur_Tan; 11-29-2009 at 01:59 PM..
Old 11-29-2009, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hi

I am happy to get contact with you.
Here in sweden is it not so easy to get some help with cad models.
Here they buy a body and a drive chain. Then they start to build the hard way. I think itīs easier to draw it in the cad and modify it there if it needs.

I saw your thread with your project and i think its look really great.
Do you think its difficult to build the body from scratch like you did?
I have a guy here in sweden which i have think i shall order a body from but he is very busy with his own project so he may not have time to help me when i am there. I sent you private message with my email for you.
Thanks /builder
Old 11-29-2009, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

yes, it's hard to build body from scratch. i choose that way because of my project content (mix of early comp body, 289, usrrc, fia, csx2136 trunk and my custom mods).

it would be easy for you to get only 427 body from your local supplier
Old 11-29-2009, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Heissan, you dear western neighbour.

Do you draw origin style chassis or some own design? I have origin style chassis (.igs I made it using Ideas) somewhere. I may try to find it if you are interested. I made that chassis using my ex-job laptop so I'm not sure where I have that model...

If you ar planning to made only one fiber body just bought that. It is much cheaper that way. I made one body from scratch so I know that for sure.

BR
jberg
Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi.
I have started with my own design chassi. I have some drawing on a frame to Lotus super seven and thinks that i Can modify them so i can have it in a cobra. Im also think iīll be using a european donor car for the uprights and brakes. the front coilovers ithink i shall have inboard with rocker arms and pushrods.The engine iīm not sure what it will be maybe the same car.of course a v8 anything else isnīt a choice.
Thanks anyway for the offer.
/builder
Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: United States
Send a message via ICQ to ponvire09
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra dream

I just meant they posted it. I mighta said that wrong. Couldnt remember who actually made it. But do you have a link to this gc linux standalone mplayer? Is it the same thing as Gherudoss?