Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Scratch Builders Forum (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/)
-   -   new space frame chassis (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/113642-new-space-frame-chassis.html)

garyjettrike 12-18-2011 09:41 AM

new space frame chassis

2 Attachment(s)
soon be able to get my new chassis out of the jig it has camber compensation and anti roll suspension

Tommy 12-18-2011 11:41 AM

I'm fascinated by both the chassis and the process you used to design it. I assume your years of experience gave you a good idea of how and where to start with the design. But did you use any software or other intellectual tools to guide your decisions on what size tubing to use, where to put it, and how much reinforcement to use?

Hank F 12-18-2011 02:09 PM

Gary, how about some more pictures?
Hank

stengun 12-18-2011 02:29 PM

Howdy,

Pretty cool!

+1 on the pics!

Paul

garyjettrike 12-25-2011 12:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
me and my busines partner peter walker have been doing this sort of work for the last 30 years we done the all the design work for dax the cobra manifactors in the UK, so its mainly our experiencethat helps us along , peter has his own web site that explanes the camber compensaition that he designed, have a look at, The Camber Compensation & Anti-Roll (CC&AR) Suspension System
hears some more pics.
Gary

B.M.B.C 12-25-2011 01:02 PM

Hi Gary
Is this chassis something you are doing away from Dax? Ive noticed the change from square too round tubing. What difff is that?
Great too see a talented guy like you on here. Welcome.

garyjettrike 12-25-2011 01:27 PM

Hi yes it is something me and peter are doing on are own but we will probably be marketing it thro dax,
the diff is a Dana hydrotrack,

mrmustang 12-25-2011 01:45 PM

How heavy is that chassis going to be? The bundle of tubing your using, I'm going to say at least twice as heavy as a typical CSX chassis.

Bill S.

mickmate 12-25-2011 02:20 PM

That is some really clever stuff connecting from one side to the other to instantly and dynamically correct geometry. The spider work of tubing is a thing of beauty. The suspension arms look very long which helps with camber change from the look of things. Keep us posted on your progress.

migge 12-27-2011 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a Magnum chassis (UK) and the whole car ist 2130 lbs.

garyjettrike 12-27-2011 12:17 PM

all the tubing is cds 2 14 swg , thats about 2 mm wall thicknes , very light and very stiff
its weight is about 90 kg and when fitted with the chevy LS motor will be a very light car

B.M.B.C 12-27-2011 01:22 PM

You aiming for about 1000kg +/- 550hp/ton ???

garyjettrike 12-27-2011 02:59 PM

were fitting an Edelbrok super charger hoping for just over 600 hp per ton

garyjettrike 01-08-2012 01:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
now the chassis is out of the jig it looks a lot better

B.M.B.C 01-09-2012 01:04 AM

Gary all you need now is a nice authentic 427 sc body to drop on that chassis, are going to be using big brakes etc..

garyjettrike 01-09-2012 03:00 AM

an ally body would be nice and keep the weight down ,we have been talking to AP about what brakes we need , as big as we can get between the hub and the wheel

xlr8tr 01-09-2012 01:50 PM

looks nice, legroom/headroom for us tall folk looks like it would be quite good as well. Full underbody flat floorpan option as well?

garyjettrike 01-09-2012 02:04 PM

the floor is 1"lower than the bottom edge of the body on the under side of the chassis so good head room and the foot well extends 1.1/2"past the side vent in the engine bay, my partner peter is 6 foot 3 and quiet large and he has design it to fit the larger gentle man

garyjettrike 01-09-2012 02:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
just finished the rear diff mount

xlr8tr 01-10-2012 11:11 AM

what are the anti-squat characteristics of the CC & AR suspension? Any downsides you have found?