Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby Cobra CSX 6162 For Sale

Brand new CSX 6000 427 S/C Shelby Cobra - component/roller car

1965 Shelby Cobra 427S/C - CSX 6162

- Direct from factory authorized Shelby Cobra dealership (largest In the world) 

- Fully documented with a copy of the original MSO signed by Carroll Shelby himself –

- Shelby factory Shelby American build sheet

- Shelby Guardsman Blue with Wimbledom white lemans stripe & black interior 

- 4-wheel independent suspension 

- 4-wheel disc brakes 
- 90" wheel base 

- High strength fiberglass composite body 

- Rack and pinion steering 15" original Style wood rim steering wheel 

- Aluminum fender closeout panels, front and rear

- 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 built by Shelby American, Inc. This is a GENUINE "Shelby Cobra CSX6000" continuation series 

- The new owner will be the 1st private owner as we are selling this "Shelby built and Registered" #6162 Shelby Cobra 427 on the original MSO

MSRP on this CSX 6000 427 S/C is $ 79,995.00 plus options - The options on this CSX car are: fuel level gauge ($ 695.00) Painted LeMans stripes ($ 1,500.00) Goodyear Sport Car special tires (billboards) ( $ 1250.00) Glove Box ($ 659.00) Oil cooler ($ 650.00) SAI shipping and dealer prep ( $ 1,750.00) Total MSRP of this component/roller CSX car $ 86,499.00

The genuine Carroll Shelby-built CSX continuation series cars are extremely collectible and a solid automotive investment

Import/Export world-wide

Titled as 1965 Shelby Cobra

Drive-trains in stock and ready to install

Planet Cobra

*Note: Drive train installation is done at the sole discretion of the customer. To comply with U.S. Department of Transportation

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, Planet Cobra sells components only to retail customers, and not a complete automobile.

Stephen Becker Automotive Group is not involved in, or party to, the assembly of the vehicle, or installation of the drive train. Customers are free to

complete the assembly and install their own drive train, or may contract with any party of their choosing to do so, with the

exception of Stephen Becker Automotive Group DBA Planet Cobra
M Hofmann likes this.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This CSX 6000 427 S/C car was picked up from the back door at the Shelby factory in Las Vegas on Friday the 12th and will be here, on the ground & at my dealership, on the 20th - In stock and ready to go - Call for more information - We can have it "turn-key" and ready for you to pick up and/or ship in time for Christmas

Stephen
(770) 614 3300
Old 10-14-2012, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Neutral     

I'm curious, how much in advance of delivery to a dealer is the MSO created by SA?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

great question

the component/roller does not actually become a CSX car until it is at the factory in Las vegas and stamped with the CSX vin # - at that time (and not a minute before) a Shelby-signed MSO is printed and is shipped to the dealership

The car is NOT a Shelby until that time.

sgb
Old 10-14-2012, 02:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_becker View Post
great question

the component/roller does not actually become a CSX car until it is at the factory in Las vegas and stamped with the CSX vin # - at that time (and not a minute before) a Shelby-signed MSO is printed and is shipped to the dealership

sgb
So that component/roller has been at SA since sometime prior to May, 2012? Perhaps even months before that?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

SAI is using auto-pen computer technology to sign the MSO's with CS signature
Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Snake View Post
So that component/roller has been at SA since sometime prior to May, 2012? Perhaps even months before that?
I can't wait to see the response this question.

I also wonder why the advertisement says "copy" of the MSO. Where's the original? Has the car already been titled?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No the car is not titled, the car is titled once the buyer pays for the car, in full. I make a color copy of the MSO for the new owner as part of the cars history book
Old 10-14-2012, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Quote:
SAI is using auto-pen computer technology to sign the MSO's with CS signature
Didn't know that was legal. So all of these "signed" MSO's are, shall we say BS.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Stephen, BTW to be clear, I do not mean anything personal with my BS comment. Ok?
Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If you go in and buy a new car and an MSO is given to you it is almost always auto-pen signed by an official of the manufacture - So auto-pen is not illegal - If you have a MSO from Shelby American for a CSX car and it was before November of 2011 it may very well have been personally signed by CS

AL G / Was your cars MSO personally signed by CS or was it auto-pen (it is not hard to tell at all)??
Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Totally cool with that A-SNAKE - Your a good man!!

I often wonder how a dead man can sign anything (including an MSO)??/!!!

LOL!!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

For your reading pleasure

ROBAMA: Is It OK for a President to Autopen a Bill Into Law? - ABC News

I would think an autopen could not be used after someone has died as they are no longer able to give permission.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On ebaymotors now

Shelby : 427 S/C sport in Shelby | eBay Motors
Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On ebaymotors now

Shelby : 427 S/C sport in Shelby | eBay Motors
Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
If you go in and buy a new car and an MSO is given to you it is almost always auto-pen signed by an official of the manufacture - So auto-pen is not illegal - If you have a MSO from Shelby American for a CSX car and it was before November of 2011 it may very well have been personally signed by CS

AL G / Was your cars MSO personally signed by CS or was it auto-pen (it is not hard to tell at all)??
I have always suspected mine was an autopen. It's just too perfect. It is dated September 2011, so at least he was still alive. I also wonder how the autopen can still be legal when the signature is supposed to be a representative of SA.

My engine certificate was issued in January or February of 2012 and is definitely not an autopen. It is a very scratchy signature and is either original or a very poor attempt at copying CS's signature.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I also wonder how the autopen can still be legal when the signature is supposed to be a representative of SA.
Do you think the signatures of a Ford or GM MSO are legal? Do you think some guy at GM sits in a room and signs 3000 MSOs a day? Autopen/printing is legal so long as it is authorized by the signatory.

Considering the "original" MSO must be surrendered to the DMV/tile agency I never understood the big deal anyways.....

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 10-15-2012, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Do you think the signatures of a Ford or GM MSO are legal? Do you think some guy at GM sits in a room and signs 3000 MSOs a day? Autopen/printing is legal so long as it is authorized by the signatory.

Considering the "original" MSO must be surrendered to the DMV/tile agency I never understood the big deal anyways.....
I didn't mean whether or not an autopen signature is legal in general. They are used all the time in many different types of business. I'm wondering about an autopen signature of someone who is no longer alive.

Last edited by Al G; 10-15-2012 at 05:30 AM..
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

The easiest way to tell autopen from original is there are 3 vertical slash marks in the horizontal underline bar beneath his signature, vs 2 for an original signature.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

Quote:
great question

sgb
Hi Stephen,

How are you my friend.................

As a clarification, I believe you meant the VIN tag was not stamped until arrival at the factory in LV. The vehicle itself is stamped in various places with the CSX # during construction.
I know you knew that.

Last edited by bret a ewing; 10-16-2012 at 07:12 AM..