Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby American, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/)
-   -   Comparing 4000 and 6000 series (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/145588-comparing-4000-6000-series.html)

CompFi 01-28-2022 01:03 PM

Appreciate your replies

thanks to all for your insights.

I will be exploring costs and delays for ordering a new CSX car.

Thanks,
Brian

1ntCobra 01-28-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CompFi (Post 1502679)
thanks to all for your insights.

I will be exploring costs and delays for ordering a new CSX car.

Thanks,
Brian

If you are getting a new CSX car, you should probably read this: http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...ml#post1460533

nkb 01-29-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1502690)
If you are getting a new CSX car, you should probably read this: http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...ml#post1460533

I think this pertains only if getting an alloy CSX (i.e. a Kirkham based car).

If the OP wants an alloy CSX, there are a few coming into Shelby inventory via Kirkham in the near term (this year). I think fiberglass cars are into 2023 now.

Prices, as well, are rapidly escalating. Several recent price increases.

CompFi 01-29-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkb (Post 1502715)

If the OP wants an alloy CSX, there are a few coming into Shelby inventory via Kirkham in the near term (this year). I think fiberglass cars are into 2023 now.

Thank you for the info.

How / where do I find more details?

twobjshelbys 01-29-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CompFi (Post 1502716)
Thank you for the info.

How / where do I find more details?

Check with a dealer. Hillbank has lots on their site. Becker used to be a pretty big dealer with good inventory, don't know if he is any more.

nkb 01-29-2022 04:55 PM

PM me and I will put you in touch with a very knowledgeable and connected Shelby CSX dealer. Access to all the current CSX options (2000,3000,6000,7000,8000,9000).

The Hillbank inventory listed on their website is primarily Superformance except for one fiberglass 289 (CSX 8000) and two alloy Daytona Coupes.

1ntCobra 01-30-2022 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkb (Post 1502715)
I think this pertains only if getting an alloy CSX (i.e. a Kirkham based car).

From my reading of the thread about the KMS differential, it seems that the KMS differential is an option for both CSX continuation cars (aluminum or fiberglass) as well as for the Superformance cars. The option is obviously not called the KMS differential when you order the car, it is probably called something like the optional alumunium differential. It seems that if you pick that optional differential that you want to make sure it is installed correctly to make sure it does not self destruct.

It seems that some aluminum CSX cars are complete Kirkham rollers from Utah, you do not need to worry about those because Kirkham will obviously install their differential correctly. Other alumimum CSX cars can start off as a Kirkham body/frame with most other assemby in Africa. Fiberglass CSX cars are also mostly assembled in Africa too. So if you order the optional differential, you should definitely make sure that it was installed correctly, because it seems that SAI, Hi-Tech, Hillbank or whoever have installed the optional differential in such a way that it dumps all of the fluid on the street as you drive. Maybe by now they have learned to install the optional differential correctly, but I would not count on it.

The differential thread started in 2017. And yet it continued.

Did they learn to install the differential correctly by 2019? http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...ml#post1461140 (this link starts at post 1461140) I will give you a hint, the answer is NO.

Did they learn to install the differential correctly by 2020? http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...ml#post1485154 (this link starts at post 1485154) I will give you a hint, the answer is NO.

nkb 01-31-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1502734)
From my reading of the thread about the KMS differential, it seems that the KMS differential is an option for both CSX continuation cars (aluminum or fiberglass) as well as for the Superformance cars. The option is obviously not called the KMS differential when you order the car, it is probably called something like the optional alumunium differential. It seems that if you pick that optional differential that you want to make sure it is installed correctly to make sure it does not self destruct.

The Kirkham diff (identified by Shelby as a "Shelby 3.54 original style Differential") is included as standard for the CSX (aluminum and fiberglass), at least for the leaf spring (CSX 8000).

On the other hand, the KMS diff is an option for the Superformance, at extra cost. ("Upcharge for aluminum Salisbury type Diff (replaces ZF))

Thus, if you receive a CSX it makes sense to check the diff venting configuration regardless, as the diff is a KMS (but not assembled by Kirkham).

CompClassics 02-01-2022 12:07 AM

1ntCobra
“So if you order the optional differential, you should definitely make sure that it was installed correctly, because it seems that SAI, Hi-Tech, Hillbank or whoever have installed the optional differential in such a way that it dumps all of the fluid on the street as you drive. Maybe by now they have learned to install the optional differential correctly, but I would not count on it.

The differential thread started in 2017. And yet it continued.

Did they learn to install the differential correctly by 2019? http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...ml#post1461140 (this link starts at post 1461140) I will give you a hint, the answer is NO.

Did they learn to install the differential correctly by 2020? http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-...ml#post1485154 (this link starts at post 1485154) I will give you a hint, the answer is NO.[/quote]”

Unfortunately, they have not learned how to install the differential properly, nor have they learned the proper use of fasteners (nuts, bolts and washers) in high load / shear applications.

CompFi 02-22-2022 01:48 AM

SW Dynamic Motorsports and Shelby Cars NW

First, I again want to thank everyone here for the responses to date on this thread. Very helpful and informative.

If I place an order for a CSX, I will be doing so a considerable distance from whichever dealer I use.

So now, I would like to invite posts or PMs from anyone that can comment on their personal experience with Mark Logan of SW Dynamic Motorsports and Shelby Cars NW.

As I understand it, he previously ran his dealership from Portland, OR. And now operates from the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

All comments welcomed and appreciated. Particularly those from owners who took receipt of their cars and then sorted them from a distance from Mark Logan and his dealership.

Again, many thanks for the fantastic community that you have created here.

~Brian

mrmustang 02-22-2022 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CompFi (Post 1503623)
First, I again want to thank everyone here for the responses to date on this thread. Very helpful and informative.

If I place an order for a CSX, I will be doing so a considerable distance from whichever dealer I use.

So now, I would like to invite posts or PMs from anyone that can comment on their personal experience with Mark Logan of SW Dynamic Motorsports and Shelby Cars NW.

As I understand it, he previously ran his dealership from Portland, OR. And now operates from the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

All comments welcomed and appreciated. Particularly those from owners who took receipt of their cars and then sorted them from a distance from Mark Logan and his dealership.

Again, many thanks for the fantastic community that you have created here.

~Brian

Brian,

If you live in the northwest, why would you not by from someone closer than Dallas, Tx?

Bill S.

twobjshelbys 02-22-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1503624)
Brian,

If you live in the northwest, why would you not by from someone closer than Dallas, Tx?

Bill S.

Yeah, like Denbeste in northern CA who has them in stock and stacked on racks on the wall.

1ntCobra 02-22-2022 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1503624)
Brian,

Bill S.

His profile says VT. I am pretty sure that is northeast. ;)