Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2004, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to The Deacon Send a message via Yahoo to The Deacon
Not Ranked     
Default Gentleman, No Agenda here...

Here is the deal guys....

When I look at a thread, sometimes I do not focus on the date of the last entry, and that is my fault. There is absolutely, postively, with out a doubt, no agenda in my mind. I am simply trying to keep up with Shelby, and what is going on over there. I do this because partly I care about Shelby, and second I am curious. Jamo/Turk, I do not have any ill will in anything that I am asking, nor do I have any desire to stir things up. I would however like to have some of my questions answered if someone in fact knows the answers.

I have read some disturbing things about Shelby, Kirkham, CAV, and such, and I would really appreciate any information that anyone might havr that participates in this forum. If I am in the wrong thread area or whatever, just let me know, and I will be happy to move this discussion.

Thanks

The Deacon
Old 01-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Gentleman, No Agenda here...

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deacon

...I have read some disturbing things about Shelby, Kirkham, CAV, and such, and I would really appreciate any information that anyone might havr that participates in this forum.
Guy... (with all self-control...)

THERE HAS BEEN ABOUT 5 MILLION POSTS ON THIS TOPIC IN THE LAST WEEK. HAVE YOU READ THEM ALL?

...and you still persist.

More than a few of us are getting tired of discussing "disturbing things"

If there are further specific questions that you might have, may I suggest the following:

Shelby Automobiles - 702-325-4851

Kirkham Motorsports - 801-377-8224

CAV / SA - (27) 21 715 3000
Old 01-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deacon,

.............do me a favour............ASK A QUESTION!!!....
Old 01-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

,,,maybe this should be in the Lounge?

ernie
Old 01-02-2004, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to The Deacon Send a message via Yahoo to The Deacon
Not Ranked     

Ron and Karl...

I have seen all the responses for the most part in here, and there seems to be no consensus. Shelby will most likely give up nothing at this point, because that would not serve their purposes. Not saying this is a bad thing, but they have to do what is best for them. Kirkham would probably not give up anything either, because it again would probably not serve them to do so at this time.

As for questions..here goes. I have seen things about CAV and the devaluing of the currency, and their apparent shutdown, but what is the truth? I have seen things regarding possible problems with Kirkham, what is the deal there? I have heard things about possible projects with Ford, so what is the scoop there? There are difficulties with getting information from Shelby, is there something there? I have seen things about Superformance and Factory Five, are they still in business? are they merging with Shelby? There are other things, but I guess that is a good start.

You guys seem to assume that just because I used to work for Shelby and was part of management, that I know what was going on down there, and the simply is not true.

thanks

The Deacon.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

I think Factory Five and Superformance are still in business. I think that answers that question.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Factory Five Racing - (508) 291-3443

Superformance - 1-(800) 297-6253
Old 01-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deacon ( with apologies to Ron )

People with conspiracy theories= no clue

people who know= not telling

the rest of us = we get to wait and see

I understand your curiosity and I am curious myself......but if any body really knows the answers to any of your ( very vague) questions ,they have had every oppourtunity to speak up............the only regular speculators are usually grinding away on their own issues.......

Why dont you tell EVERYTHING you know??.........

KK
Old 01-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Get therapy, pal. Get it fast.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

KobraKarl, 1st round is on me should we ever meet. I have enjoyed many of your posts.

Deacon, we hear you, but I think many want answers....or a great deal if we can't get that. The title to your thread...you added the word "no" I think by error...no?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks TC, I hope I get the oppourtunity to take you up on that one day soon..........saaaay its supposed to be 20 or so degrees here for the next week or so ........what is it down there in the land o hospitality....

KK
Old 01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

60s daytime, 40s nighttime lately.

Oh wait, forgot what site I was on. 75-80 days, a real breezy 65 or so at nights. I have the dyno sheet to prove it.

Karl, what are your thoughts on consistent foolishness?
Old 01-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

LOL, Warning : may be habit forming..

KK
Old 01-02-2004, 10:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deak,

You are speaking in generalities. Let me run it back to you so you can see just how this sounds: I have "seen things" and I want some details and answers about these "things." What is the "deal there?" I have also "heard things", and I want to know if "something" is going on with "possible projects" and "possible problems." I'm having "difficulties" getting "information."

Dude, can you not understand why people respond to you the way they do? I'm just going read your posts out loud to myself and use air quotes for all your generalities just to amuse myself.

The only specifics you cited in your question regarded a RUMOR of a shut down of CAV and some vuage reference to devalued currency. What currency, I don't know. US or SA? If you want info on South African exchange rates and the effect on import and trade, I'm sure there are better sites than club cobra. But God forbid you limit yourself to just one question. No, no, you want specific data on Shelby, FFR, Superperformance, Kirkham, CAV and even Ford. All in one post, no less.

The vast majority of individuals posting on this site are nothing more than serious fans of Carrol Shelby's original creation and/or the many replicas available of it. I'll just go ahead and answer your exceptionally generalized questions for everyone here:

We don't know. Go ask someone else. Or just wait for it to be reported in the auto mags just like the rest of us. Anything else is speculation, rumor, or worse, lies. I don't think you are so dense not to recognize this. Just asking these questions is a covertly hostile way to insinuate that Shelby American is in some sort of mysterious condition. "Gee, fellas, I'm not trying to stir things up, but does anyone here still beat their wives?"

You might as well go on the Dallas Cowboys fan club website and ask to get the particulars of Bill Parcels' rumored contract extension, or the gameplan for their upcoming playoff game. I'm sure you'll get lots of uninformed, stupid guesses, and that's pretty much it.

Trouble is, I think you're less interested in finding truth, and more interested in gossip. I know that former employees of the company I work for just love to gossip with one another about what's going on in the company that they don't know anything about. That's how you're coming off. Gossip is always destructive and always done with an agenda.

Cripes, I'm already bored with this. Next.

MT
Old 01-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Deacon--Give it up.

As KK said "the rest of us=will wait and see"

Good response Karl--I'll buy the first when we meet
Old 01-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Damn,you guys are making me thirsty ,now I gotta go downstairs and grab a cold one.

KK
Old 01-02-2004, 11:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4780...after 19 months finally in Vegas. Now, if they can get the paint right :(
Send a message via Yahoo to ff2_emtb
Not Ranked     

Well Guy, congratulations. I think you just became the Rodney Dangerfield of Club Cobra. Know why? Because you are getting ZERO respect here. By the way, my challenge from your other posts still stands, and yet, you seem to dodge them. Hiding something perhaps? Or are you just afraid to admit that you really have no clue and get off on starting rumors? I find it hard to believe that someone who claims to be a big supporter of this hobby is doing their best to bring it down. "The Deacon"? More like "Devil's Advocate".

T.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:36 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Ron, Brent, Jamo,

To all talk Cobra with this, or the lounge at least, as "Da Bunnies" have deemed this as unfair to SAI to keep these items in their sub forum, wouldn't you all agree.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

The bunnies are passe.

This thread will have a short half-life
Old 01-03-2004, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Well.. I have to admit I am as curious as the rest-- but, for what it's worth: as a Shelby Cobra owner-to -be, I have access to the Shelby Owner's forum and have seen a bunch of pictures of cars being built, and have received repeated assurances that the delivery date on my car is solid. Also, things have been quiet as the office has been shut down for the holidays- I bet we see more info once everyone's back in the saddle.

All for now-

-JT

Last edited by LURK; 01-03-2004 at 05:01 AM..
Closed Thread