Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default CSX 4891 Rolling Chassis

I was wondering if I can prevail on everyone for some information. Does anyone know anything about the car or the dealer in Ohio named Snakebite Performance, Inc.? They are auctioning a CSX rolling chassis on eBay in a "Make Offer" format with a BIN price of $56,225.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=005

Thank you.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 434, Paxton blown
Not Ranked     

I think Snakebite Performance is associated with Dynamic Motor Sports in Ross Ohio.
Mike
Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000 w/CSXblock
Not Ranked     

I think Snakebite Performance might be the Superformance dealer in Ross, OH?? This looks like a Hi-Tech built chassis (locking gas cap and extra dash switch by ignition). It does have the S/C dash, but w/a glove box.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any information that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration. Rodney
Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Yes, that's a Hi-tech built CSX. Nothing else really to say about it. Is there anything specifica you want to know? I have seen several Hi-tech CSX's in person and they are excellent quality cars. The price is good too, right along the lines of normal pricing. If you want a new CSX and don't want to wait, that's a perfect car.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Is there a thread where members compares the early Las Vegas cars like yours (4241) and the newer Hi-Tech CSX's? Is the dealer reputable as far as anyone knows? Thank you.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

From the Dynamic Motorsports (SPF dealer) web page "About Us" ...

"In addition, our sister company, Snakebite Performance Inc., has a combined parts and service experience in the same industry of over 50 years."

They are a new/used supercar sales and service outlet and also sells SPF's and new Shelby Cobras built by SPF.

http://1g-racing.ebizautos.com/

Last edited by wtm442; 08-28-2007 at 11:46 AM..
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have seen some ad's and heard some comments regarding the Las Vegas cars as being 'better' and more 'desireable'. I'm not sure if it's hype or that may actually be the case. Of course if I had a Vegas car I would sure as heck 'hype it up' as being better than the rest of the Shelbys.

Are the HST cars better than the Hi Techs? Are the very few CAV cars better than the others? Worse? I wonder...

Last edited by Excaliber; 08-28-2007 at 12:25 PM..
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

"Desirability" with CSXs is usually based around time. The older the car, the more people want it. 4200 cars are "more valued" than 4750 cars. In turn, 4100 cars are more valued than 4200 cars, and 4000 cars are more valued than 4100 cars. The same theory applies to original CSXs as well most times.

As for "Las Vegas" cars, the truth is, they were unassembled Shelby component cars, that were ordered by Autorized Shelby dealers, and built by said dealers. For example, my CSX4241 is considered an "early LV" car, but it was ordered and built by HRE Motorcars (the first Shelby 4000 car dealer).

So build quality and assembly will vary based on who built the early LV car. The base parts were the same for the same time period of car. Like my car has Shelby/BAER brakes on it, but earlier 4000 cars than mine had original spec Girling brakes. Things like that affect the value and worth of a CSX car.

The 4750 cars are very nice, but are also very modern. They have the latest in brake parts, and modern Bosch relays, fuses, and wiring, instead of the old Lucas stuff.

So really, what car is more "desirable" comes down to what you actually want in a car.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Good analysis Sal, beauty in the eye of the beholder thing...

David Kirkham mentioned some time ago that he sells far more cars these days with the 'billet' suspension and other modern parts. I would certainly prefer an older Kirkham or CSX more in keeping with the original details/build. While 'modernization' may well be accepted by the masses, it is not always a 'thing of beauty' in my eyes. People prefer a more consistent product (like McD's hamburgers, same where ever you go) and HST and Hi Tech deliver that consistency, as opposed to say a Las Vegas car, quality depending on the dealer in question. But you know there are some GREAT burgers out there that far exceed the quality of a McD's!