Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 09-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     
Default CSX3012 on ebay.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

In these uncertain economic times we have been encouraged, among other things, to invest in Gold and Silver. This offering, . . . a vintage, sterling Silver investment opportunity that provides excitement, pride of ownership and, most importantly, potential asset appreciation. By definition, “The demand for precious metals is driven not only by their practical use, but also by their role as investments and a store of value.”

I respectfully introduce . .turned out in brilliant Astral Silver, CSX-3012, one of the original 19 production competition 427 Cobras. . Of the 348 “big block” Cobras produced by Shelby American in the mid 60’s, Only 21 cars, including 2 prototypes, were designated “Competition Cobras” and thus carried the mantra and status of “factory built and prepared race car”. These Comp 427 Cobras, as they are referred to, are among the very upper echelon of high performance, investment grade, collectible, race cars. Ownership of one of these venerable Comp Cobras is to possess a distinctive segment of Automotive history and a wise investment choice on many levels. With a short production run of only 19 examples, not including the 2 prototype cars, these fat fendered, 500+ horsepower, coil sprung monsters, are a wonder to behold, continue to appreciate in value, are very competitive in Vintage Racing events, and draw crowds of admirers wherever they appear.

Even though it is an air car it is still A-1, I could find space in the garage...

The mere mention of this Cobra's serial number evokes dialogue of epic proportions regarding rumor, lore and legend. The legacy of CSX-3012 begins over 42 years ago in May of 1966. This Cobra was delivered from Shelby American to a well known California racer and campaigned in various SCCA and USRRC races, with several wins and top 5 finishes.

MGM Studios selected CSX-3012 to star in the 1966 feature film "Spinout", costarring Elvis Presley and Shelly Fabares.

This car has also graced the cover and pages of several enthusiast books and magazines.

Since its early competition days CSX-3012 was returned to the factory, in England, and totally and completely rebuilt and restored to its original impressive persona, including the Silver livery. The complete documented history on this competition Cobra is available in the Shelby Registry or via email by request. The vinyl, #11 "meatballs" on the front flanks, were installed for a nostalgic photo shoot, are easily removable.

Title: Shelby 427 Cobra, Competition Roadster . .Comp Cobra!

Mileage: 5,000 miles

3012 is still on the original MSO and has never been titled for street use. It is eligible for most vintage racing and Shelby Club events in this country and abroad and also eligible to participate in premier long distance vintage car tours and rally events like the Copperstate 1000, and other vintage auto tours, both across this country and abroad.

At least the lister allows the photos to be saved , unlike Canepa Design...

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 09-29-2008 at 05:02 PM..
Old 09-29-2008, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

It's not really an air car, an "air car" is a car that has a legit Shelby VIN, with no ties whatsoever to that VIN. So if someone took a Kirkham and gave it a Shelby VIN that belonged to a legit car, that would be an air car.

This car is more like the Cosby SuperSnake. It is the car, but it's not.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 09-29-2008, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Incredible car!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Sal

Please go on?
I always heard 3012 was an air car?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4990-shelby 427
Not Ranked     

http://www.csx427sc.com/page/page/5534439.htm

Nice history here.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX View Post
Sal

Please go on?
I always heard 3012 was an air car?

Thanks
It can't be an air car because the actual owner of the remains and MSO hired Brian to reconstruct the car. It's the continuation of the original car by the actual owner. (just like 3303)

An "air car" is a car that takes the VIN of a legit car and claims to be it, with no rights or ties to that car's VIN.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 11-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This car was just on the Russo & Steele auction on TV. (Yes replay)
$850,000 and no sale as it has been re-bodied and also chassis. CSX3012 has the original MSO and the history the question is how much of the car is from 1965 and how much is from 1985?

Cool car never-the-less.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd sure take it, although I like it better in green as opposed to it's current silver.
Larry