Carroll Shelby - Shelby 427 FE Engine Parts and Services
s
Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby Enterprises Inc.
User Name
Password
Club Cobra Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2004, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby Pistons

I understand Shelby is supplying pistons to select builders.
Can you tell me any more about them?
Are they available in different sizes and what makes them different, why Shelby Pistons rather than other names we are already familiar with?

How much for a set of seven?

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 06-08-2004 at 08:18 AM..
Old 06-08-2004, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

Hey Turk...did you check the Shelby site? I think the pistons are on there.....should be any size you want. Any reason why you want 7?
Old 06-08-2004, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Bly,

Thanks. Spelling typo. Meant "eight", not "seven".

TURK

Actually it would have been more fun to get Chris to sell me 7, and then insist they supply me with a 7 cyl. block.

Under California Consumer Laws, I would probably prevail.
hmmmm.

Last edited by Turk; 06-08-2004 at 08:19 AM..
Old 06-08-2004, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Shelby Aluminum 427, stroked
Send a message via AIM to Roxie_427
Not Ranked     

Turk,
I asked the same question a short while back. Here's the thread: Shelby Forged Pistons

I have a set on order right now. Chris was very helpful.

Tim
Old 06-08-2004, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Hi Turk,

You are right, some of our builders are having us build custom pistons to their specs. I'm really pleased to have places with such good reputations using our stuff. I'm sure they will post pics and details as they are ready. Any components that are better than their predecessors, especially in more ways than one, are worthy of the Shelby name and logo.

Tim's link covers it. Basically, the new pistons are stronger, lighter, and more readily available, even for customs. They aren't even any more expensive than the other-guys' pistons we used to offer.

Thanks, Tim. It was real nice dealing with you too!

And Turk, we can supply a set of 7 pistons. As far as the block goes, do you want the bank with three cylinders to be on the driver's side or the passenger side?

Chris Weisberg
Carroll Shelby Enterprises
(310) 538-2914
Old 06-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Chris...think about it, it's Turk you're dealing with. He'll want a half a cylinder on each side.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:45 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Seems to me...

The Shelby pistons would be a good investment. Heck, you could run 'em until it's time for a rebuild, then take 'em out, mill 'em off through the wrist pin holes and sell 'em on ebay as Shelby ashtrays!

Lowell
Old 06-08-2004, 12:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

Actually...... how much would one piston be? That would be a really fantastic ash tray.

Whoo. Good idea, Lowell! I looked in that other thread and those things are truly a work of art, Chris! My buddy is in forging and I'm going to send him a link.

I've been talking about "Engine #2" for a few months - maybe in the 3-5 year time frame. Would love to need to get a set of those pistons!!

JP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: